2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: Not safe to drive on hills!!

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan

Not safe to drive on hills!!
By disappionted60 on

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been happy with Fords - until I bought this Fiesta 2 months ago. I don't drive in the mountains, just some hills. There is a stop light at the base of the driveway into the place I work. The car cannot reach the 35 mph speed limit!! I stay in 2nd gear - the tach is over 3500 rpms - shift to 3rd and it slows down!
Same problem on the highway - it's ok if I'm dong 60+ but otherwise, I watch the mph go down. down shifting doesn't do any good. It's a busy road with lots of semi's. Dealer says it's normal, nothing wrong with the car. I need to learn how to downshift.
I have a co-worker with an automatic Fiesta hatchback... has the same problems.

no favorite features. If the car can't handle some small hills what does it matter what the car looks like. Me and the car are going to end up looking like a pancake if I can't get out of the way of a tractor-trailer!

if Hyundai can figure it out why can't Ford?? I want to support USA companies!!! but do I have to risk causing an accident because I can't maintain speed?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By 93536ford
on 03/10/13 20:47 PM (PDT)

I commute in my 2112 Fiesta 5 speed 1000 miles a week. It has no issues with pulling hills, as long as you downshift. The engine does not have the torque of a bigger engine, but it loves to rev and will pull steep hills at freeway peers in fourth gear just fine.