2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: I love this car more the longe

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

I love this car more the longer I drive it.
By nubile on

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta new and the longer I own it the more I love it. I really appreciate the solid body feel and the handling. This car goes where you steer it and can turn on dime. A make or break issue with me was going to be the 5-speed manual. Several years ago I owned a 2001 Focus and I hated the 5-speed manual because it felt so clunky and cheap. The Fiesta’s 5-speed is smooth and has an un-American feel that reminds me of an old 89 Acura Inegra I used to love driving. The Fiesta is not as powerful but it feels to be of equal quality. My only real complaints are some of the minor interior parts have a very cheap plastic feel that take away from a plush interior.

My favorite features are the handling and the very solid body feel. The fuel economy is very good but that is expected.

Ford need to put higher quality plastic in a few minor parts and this would have vastly improved an otherwise plush interior. The parts are the blinker, wiper control, door handles and the seat adjustment knobs. To bad for me but otherwise I love this car. A slightly improved interior and 15 more horses added to the engine would have made this car completely perfect.
By nubile
on 01/11/13 09:23 AM (PST)

I have now owned my car for over 6 months and I still stand by my recommendation. The car handles great on snow and the gas milage still is wonderful. I drive almost complete in an urban area and I fill up every two weeks and at $4 per gallon I was spending $37 per fill up. I did drive the car on an 1600 mile road trip and the car was comfortable and great on the highway. I have had no reliability issues and the feel of the car is rock solid. I plan on having this car for a long time.