2012 Ford Fiesta 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Great Entry Level Car for

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Entry Level Car for the Value (Sedan, Auto Trans.)
By sarah0509w on

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st car purchased new, and I love it. I don't understand peoples huge annoyance w/ the shifting. It's an economy car, so of course it's not going to be as responsive and zoom off like some of the higher level models or like a sports car. Yes, the shifting can seem a bit indecisive and shaky at low gears, but it really depends how you drive it. If you are a shy, offensive, accelerator-tapping driver it will probably bug you. As long as you're not shy and you drive with purpose (I'm not saying to squeal out or be reckless), it's surprisingly responsive and fun. The sedan is pretty spacious, and everyone comments on how big the trunk is. AND I get an avg of 33mpg city, 39-40mpg hwy!

Favorite Features

-MPG (The most I've spent is $39 to fill up a whole tank) -Zippy gas sipper -Surprisingly Spacious & Larger Trunk -Exterior Design -Message Center/Radio Console -Sports Appearance Package -Can easily fit into a cramped parking spot -Responsive Steering -Value -Much less cabin noise compared to most economy cars.

Suggested Improvements

-The clutch has a green period (where it isn't broken in yet). Mine broke in around 6,000mi, so now at very low speeds (5-15mph) w/ the windows up and the radio off you can hear the clutch forks (which can sound somewhat alarming when you first notice it). But it's completely normal, just sorta annoying. -The Auto Trans is actually a Manual Trans w/ a computerized shifter, and the technology needs to be refined to be smoother. -Driving in big city, stop & go, coasting traffic can get jerky.
By rosewood3
on 01/30/15 10:09 AM (PST)

"If you are a shy, offensive, accelerator-tapping driver it will probably bug you. As long as you're not shy and you drive with purpose (I'm not saying to squeal out or be reckless), it's surprisingly responsive and fun." Nope, sorry. That's just not true. I'm not a shy driver, and it still sounds and feels like crap shifting at low gears.