Fiesta s 5 speed manual Just towed!!!
By benchpress777 on
2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought a 2012 ford fiesta s for reliability.I am a courier which means i drive alot making deliveries.(o hold on tow truck guy calling.)so anyways driving today the traffic slowed down and i tried to down shift on highway.My clutch would not go into gear. I actually slowed down all the way to 25 mph on the highway till it it went in to gear.A semi was coming fast and almost rear ended me.Later on coming to a traffic light it would not shift into 1st gear.Eventually hardly any gears would work. barley made it home safely and loss money from not being able to make any more deliveries . I am very blessed it happened around midnight with less traffic.You know I was actually hoping this car would be much more reliable than a 2000 mercury sable i had.Theirin which nickled and dimed me after 2500 in repairs.I ended up trading it in on the fiesta .They junked the sable and gave 500 on trade. Who knows about the 2012 fiesta its sure not starting out good.I have driven 90% fords my hole life this one may be my very last.May even get out of it early.This is my honest story.1st tow around 15000 miles. Where did the quality go!
By benchpress777
on 07/26/12 14:46 PM (PDT)

just towed again.1st time they said air in hydaulic clutch 15000 miles.Towed again 2nd time around 17000 miles would not go into gear again.This time slave cylinder in which is on back order.

By benchpress777
on 02/18/13 20:28 PM (PST)

ok now at 48000 miles i just had it in shop...they said the throttle body needed replaced....got that replaced...now within 15 minutes from driving away the engine light came on...the car now revs high when you stop....im very displeased

By benchpress777
on 04/03/13 01:41 AM (PDT)

15 minutes from driving away it was the throttle body seal...wow nice of dealership to waste my time and not replace the seal with the throttle body...save every penny!!!!

By benchpress777
on 04/09/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

ok after pedal sensor was fixed another engine malfunction light came on...a day or two right after pedal sensor was fixed...case filed today with ford...this is unbelievable!!!!!!

By benchpress777
on 04/03/13 01:43 AM (PDT)

now at 55000 miles it needs a pedal sensor....

By benchpress777
on 05/22/14 04:03 AM (PDT)

at about 112000 I had to replace whole clutch!!! it was 1200 dollars...the clutch plateand transmission is aluminum...so you have to baby the clutch..mechanic said avoid downshifting....lol..really ford...lol...aluminum...o yea..all fiesta owners...the light shield on headlight cam off..its just sitting in head light...if you make a fist and lightly pound on headlight..you will see how poorly the headlight was made..its a cover over the headlight...pretty cheap...o yea..also replaced axle seal at 114000...o yea car made in mexico...I recommend a Honda or Toyota..they are made in America more than fords..people take away jobs by supporting ford...last ford ever..i still might get out of this car..THANKS!~!!~!