Excellent Car-WIth its Quirks
By dcomeau42 on
2012 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I bought a Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback at the end of April. Overall this car is amazing. Its incredibly efficient. I just went on a road trip to Maine and it got 41mpg going back and around 38-39 going up/driving around there. For typical weekly driving I get around 35-37 mpg driving a combination of city and highway. Although driving back roads yesterday i was able to get around 50mpg. Note: The gauge for the mpg on the car is a bit pessimistic.
Suggested Improvements
The seats are no good for tall people for long distance driving. They are oddly shaped. The only other problem is there is no place to really put your ipod and sorta gets bunch in the cupholders with the drinks.
By funambulistic
on 09/07/11 14:38 PM (PDT)

@dcomeau42 - there is a little slot just in front of the gearshift that holds my iPhone (or an iPod) perfectly. As for driving long distances, I am 6'-2" and I find the seats extremely comfortable (though there is not much room for anyone behind me). I agree with adaema05: the computer's average MPG is a tad optimistic. I too, love my Fiesta!

By btatr
on 07/17/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

How did he buy a 2012 Fiesta in April? I'm writing this comment in the third week of July and the 2012 model still hasn't shipped?

By airjer1
on 01/19/14 19:21 PM (PST)

I purchased a '12 Fiesta SES Hatchback at the beginning of Jan '14. It's Race Red and looks beautiful. Unfortunately, it was a rental from the dealer and has 41000 plus miles on it, but it looks brand new. The problem? The automatic 6 speed transmission, when starting off from a stop, and easing on the gas, begins to shake, and clatter like a bad clutch in a manual trans. The dealer says that's normal due to the transmision being a dual clutch and will shake and clatter, but not to worry about it. What? Are they nuts? I'm taking the car back to Kearny Pearson Ford, San Diego, and if it isn't repaired to my satisfaction, then I will seek a Lemon Law Attorney and sue them for my down payment back and leave the car back with the dealer. Are they kidding? How would I ever be able to sell the car with an automatic clutch chatter and shake? I shouldn't have ever bought this car, but it looked brand new, I fell in love with it right away. My mistake!! Their mistake for selling it to me without mentioning the transmission shake!!

By adaema05
on 07/22/11 22:08 PM (PDT)

I'm sure it's just an error. Also, I find the mpg counter in my 2011 Fiesta a little bit optimistic, by approximately 2-3mpg. I love my Fiesta!