Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

What you see is not what you get.
By jstrand

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The tranny in this thing sounds like it is going to give out. My car grinds in reverse and in drive. It is especially bad in the morning. I have brought it into the dealership multiple times and each time they tell me this is normal.

Sirius XM compatibility, bluetooth - to - phone, ability to change color of lights.

transmission.

I want to love this car...but I just can't
By ipman501

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car brand new from the dealership (figured its cheaper to buy a new car and make payments instead of buying used and continually having to make repairs). Everything was fine up to about 8k miles. Then we started noticing weird transmission stuff (more on that later). Noticed weather-stripping on top of car is now coming loose (only 18k miles on the car). Not very comfortable, seats are hard. But I get 39mpg on the highway and 29mpg in the city. That is definitely the redeeming quality of the car. My wife wanted it because of the "Candy Blue" color, haha. No cruise control is kinda a deal breaker for me. Shouldn't that be standard in this day-in-age?

Definitely the high gas mileage. Big trunk space for such a small car.

Transmission is crap. The new "dual-dry clutch" automatic manual is a joke. Yes, this car is considered an "automatic" but it really is a manual transmission that shifts automatically. We have had problems with the car lurching and halting, sounding like the transmission is grinding while going uphill and seemingly high RPMs on the highway 2800 going 70mph. Seems a bit high for me, but that may be how it is designed. This car doesn't even have 20k miles on it and it is already having tranny trouble? Not good...not to mention the weather-stripping that is on the roof is coming up at the front. Unacceptable.

Throttle Broken at 45K highway miles
By jt18

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Driven gently, and properly maintained, this vehicle has only given me a few problems. The arm rest broke after one year, I'm not a big person and I didn't abuse the arm rest, it just broke one day when I leaned on it to adjust the seat. The throttle body started failing after about 40K miles, idling erratically, lurching on the highway, stalling at stoplights and randomly racing the engine while idling. Took it to be repaired, of course it is NOT covered under the power train warranty. Cost $900 to repair! Strange, I would have expected the throttle box to be considered part of the power train. It does handle fairly well in rain and snow as long as it's not too deep.

Steering Knock
By 100peter

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a Fiesta Zetec with a 1.4 TCI engine. I have had this car since 2010 and until early this year I have had no problems. A knock started to appear when I turned the steering in either direction. The vehicle was taken to both a Ford garage and an indepndent garage but despite changing the tie bar links the knock was still present, and after the vehicle had been lifted off its wheels the knock was more excessive. I discovered the cause of the problem and have informed both garages of what I had discovered. By unlocking the steering wheen height adjuster and lowering the steering wheel by a very small amount (5mm) the knock has been resolved.

Car jolting and stalling
By ejgardner

2012 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car randomly jolts and can't get past 20km/hr without jolting and sometimes stalling. I've stalled in the middle of an intersection and tonight I stalled at 100 on the highway and almost got hit by a bus. Took it to Ford and they told me just to deal with it. Unacceptable! Took it back a second time at 8am, took a mechanic on a road test and left the car there. Called at 130, they said it was being looked at. Called at 5 and they said they just pulled it into the shop. Finally got it back at 6 and said all they did was a 20 minute road test during the 10 hours they had it. Told me I would have results today and heard nothing back.

Better customer service.