Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Would not recommend this car to my worst enemy!
By jennillicious

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my very first brand new car. I was very excited when I test drove it. Bought it with only 20 miles on it. At first I truly loved it. I was also sold on it having a supposed Sirius XM radio. (It does NOT by the way! so do not be tricked by the button on the dash labeled "SIRIUS" as I was) I have had it for 10 months and have put a little over 9,000 miles on it. It developed an oil leak and has been to service twice for the transmission. It stalled out on the interstate while I had my children with me and we had to be towed home right after the dealership gave it back to me saying they had repaired the transmission. This car is very unsafe and I am just so disappointed and angry!

Favorite Features

The look of the car, the Sync feature and the gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission! Transmission! Transmission! Oh and there's the oil leak problem! Oh yeah and the false advertisement of a Sirius XM radio. Oh and by the way the driver's seat does not adjust to a reclined position and there is no arm rest. It does not have a button to unlock the trunk from inside the car and there are no power locks. The "mini mirrors" on the side mirrors can be distracting at first but I did get used to them eventually. And i also noticed you have to be very close to the car for the remote to respond, not sure if that was just mine or is this is a problem across the board.

2012 Ford Fiesta
By ryans93

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2012 Fiesta hatchback 5-spd manual for about 15k and overall I am very pleased with the car. It has lots of technology features, and is a lot of fun to drive. The Fiesta feels solid and like a larger car when you're driving it, it does not feel cheap and insubstantial. The little 1.6 provides decent performance, it is not fast but does okay. The trade off for that is superb fuel economy. The 5-speed manual shifts great and the clutch is perfect. The interior is full of high quality, soft-touch materials and a great design. It is quiet and comfortable as well. The Fiesta makes you feel like you got more than what you paid.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handling, brakes, feature content, interior design and materials, ride comfort, road noise, price.

Suggested Improvements

SYNC system can be frustrating to use and has had several hiccups since I've owned the car - it usually works well but not 100% of the time. Could use more power and a 6th gear, but not a huge deal. Some minor squeaks and rattles in the interior - materials are great but build quality is average.

Shifting/ automatic
By ldouglass

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in May of 2012 with only 5 miles on it. At first I loved it but after I hit around 4,000 miles I noticed the car wouldn't shift properly. When I brought it into the dealer they said it was normal for this car. I don't care if it is normal or not. It is dangerous. Sometimes it won't shift very well at all. Hesitating and feels like it will stall at any minute. Hills are the worst, very hard to get up them. I feel this car will cause an accident for some. I don't recommend it. Not only does it spit and sputter shifting up but you can also hear the clunking of the transmission when it shifts down. I have a feeling there will be a recall on this car.

uncomfortable
By barryz

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am only 5 ft 67 in tall, but my right knee is sore from rubbing on center console after a 300 mile drive, hurts even on short drives, and it seems i always hit the windshield wiper stalk to the on position when i get in car, even tho i am aware its there, my arm hits it every time i get in. Automatic trans shifts well and car is smooth and quiet at 80mph.

It's like buying a hybrid without paying extra
By raj58

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love the fuel efficiency of Ford Fiesta. It gives me 40-42 mpg on my daily commute and 50-54 mpg on highways. I also like its cute looks, the spacious interior, the safety features like 7 airbags, blind spot mirrors, and capless fule inlet. On negative side, there is no arm rest for the driver, the lights are not automatic and the pick up is somewhat slow.