Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

The best car under $18,000
By brandonh3

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun on 4 wheels I've ever had. I let people drive my car and they compare it to a high performance mini-sports sedan. The thing corners like it's on rails, gets over 40mpg regularly, has one of the BEST sounding stereo systems from the factory and has safety features out the wazoo. The up and coming 2014 Fiesta ST will be incredible. My car, with 120hp, accelerates fine. I can't imagine it with almost 200hp!!

Ride quality and comfort, awesome sounding stereo, ability to stream in Pandora wirelessly through bluetooth with all needed controls right there on the steering wheel, bluetooth to make phone calls using the car and never even needing to touch the phone, very good headlights, shift light on the dash, heated seats will burn your bottom! Ability to run a vehicle health report from the vehicle while cruising down the highway, that you can obtain once you stop and have internet access. You can also get free turn-by-turn directions from Sync. The distance the remote key thingy works from the car is incredible, over 200 feet!

Ok, I'm really being picky here, but the transmission has the engine at about 3200rpm at 75mph. That's a little steep, considering the automated manual version of this car is turning about 2600 at the same speed. But I still get over 40mpg at that RPM! Maybe they could put some button or lever to open the trunk from inside the car, right now the only way into it is either folding down the rear seats or using the key dongle thingy.

Not SAFE FIESTA
By sophiec

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car had peeling paint, has odor from engine, is not shifting properly, pulling into shopping mall in front of traffic it would not move? My foot was on the gas and it went up in rpms however not go. My child was with me and I was scared because as it decided to go a truck was coming. The car is good on gas but thats not a plus with regards to safety. Its rolls backwards, again as previously stated it has definate transmission issues. Brand new with 6 months under me I should not deal with these issues at hand. Do not purchase this car if you have kids it is not safe acceleration is poor 2nd time, safety is an issue.

My favorite feature? There arent any. It looks cute sitting still once you drive it its poor. Transmission is not up to par at all. It slips and the dealer said thats the type of trani in the car? Mind you shouldnt it shift properly? Should it not accelerate when you press on the gas?

Take them off the market and start from scratch before an innocent family gets killed. I am sick of excuses.

On the road again
By spikes1gambit

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Feb and have since put over 15,000 miles on it. I've been through the desert, up over the continental divide, over hills, through woods and stuck in traffic. Average Commute is 38 mpg, I've hit up to 44 on the hwy. THe back seat is a little cramped and the arm rest is wimpy, other than that, I love hitting the road in my car.

I enjoy the USB port to connect my iPod and the song chaning ability on the steering wheel. I like the blind spot adds on the mirrors

I'd have to say, better back seat, other than that the car is wonderful.

More than what you expect, but know what you are buying
By chicoandee

2012 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, I must say that I've read some horrible reviews on the transmission of this car. It is sold as an automatic, but it is actually a manual with a computer controlled clutching system. It ran well until about 500 miles when after it broke in, some hesitation in shifting and noises could be heard - just like a manual transmission. This is normal but the dealers should be upfront about this. Other than that, MPG is as advertised, it has lots of interior creature comforts, and overall I am very happy with the car.

Interior design, Sync, comfort, visability, size, MPG, huge trunk, good sounding stereo system, very affordable.

Make automatic transmissions an available choice or allow the driver to switch between economy and performance modes. The 3-year warranty is pretty weak compared to comparable cars - we need 5 years! Especially with a transmission that has been newly developed and has unknown reliability.

Would not recommend this car to my worst enemy!
By jennillicious

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my very first brand new car. I was very excited when I test drove it. Bought it with only 20 miles on it. At first I truly loved it. I was also sold on it having a supposed Sirius XM radio. (It does NOT by the way! so do not be tricked by the button on the dash labeled "SIRIUS" as I was) I have had it for 10 months and have put a little over 9,000 miles on it. It developed an oil leak and has been to service twice for the transmission. It stalled out on the interstate while I had my children with me and we had to be towed home right after the dealership gave it back to me saying they had repaired the transmission. This car is very unsafe and I am just so disappointed and angry!

The look of the car, the Sync feature and the gas tank.

Transmission! Transmission! Transmission! Oh and there's the oil leak problem! Oh yeah and the false advertisement of a Sirius XM radio. Oh and by the way the driver's seat does not adjust to a reclined position and there is no arm rest. It does not have a button to unlock the trunk from inside the car and there are no power locks. The "mini mirrors" on the side mirrors can be distracting at first but I did get used to them eventually. And i also noticed you have to be very close to the car for the remote to respond, not sure if that was just mine or is this is a problem across the board.