2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
GREAT HATCHBACK VEHICLE-RECOMMEND HIGHLY
By prepppy on 06/01/12 16:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Changed from 2010 Toyota Matrix with the poorest visibility imagineable, could not see the curb when making a turn.. to a 2012 Ford Fiesta hatchback, automatic, heated seats, great visibility to all sides and back....sporty look and handles unbelievably well on the highway and in the city....good mileage...now looking foreward to going for a drive..Thank you FORD....

A lot of car for the money
By shaunt on 04/20/12 07:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I hadn't actually considered such a small car, but the gas mileage enticed me. It looks small from the outside, but driving it is a whole different experience. I'm 6'3, 200lbs, and it's perfectly comfortable to drive. The adjustable wheel and multiple seat adjustments are a huge plus. More importantly, it drives like a dream. I test drove other subcompacts(Honda Fit, Nissan Versa) and they don't even come close in terms of ride quality and handling. The Fiesta has plenty of power, with precise steering, a smooth ride, and a wonderfully smooth clutch and manual shifter. The engine accelerates smoothly and rapidly, yet remains quiet. The road noise is also notably less than in the others.

Impressed so far
By mrb1072620 on 04/02/12 11:05 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded down to save on gas and overall maintenance costs. So far I am extremely happy with the Fiesta SE automatic. It handles great and has a little pep to it once it gets going. The gas mileage is fantastic, I am averaging 32.5 mpg with 100% city driving. I can't wait to see how it does on the highway in the future. The SE with alloys and sync make it a great little car. The front seat is borderline too small but I didn't expect to have extra space either in a compact car. Ford recommends the first scheduled oil change maintenance at 10,000 miles, that's pretty cool too. Overall, I highly recommend the Fiesta for it's looks, gas mileage, performance and cost.

Better than I expected.
By tonysf on 03/30/12 10:28 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our 2012 Ford Fiesta for 2000 miles and love it. On a trip to Fresno,CA from Bakersfield we received 41 mpg driving 70+ miles per hour. I thought that was great but I knew that I could improve. From Quartside, AZ to Bakersfield I received 48 mpg. I was averaging 65 mph and using coasting techniques in the mountains. I do not have a cruise control so my miles per hour sometimes crept upwards. My last trip from Santa Barbara I got 49 mpg. I know I can get 50 mpg. These are hybrid numbers; amazing. P.S. this a 4-door sedan with a 5-speed transmission. Thanks Ford Tony C

Fun to Drive but Squealing Clutch
By cventrice on 03/14/12 20:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, I like the performance and design features of my Ford Fiesta. The base S model is very affordable and it comes with several features such as ABS and stability control that are not normally standard in the base model. The car is a little slow in city driving but handles and accelerates well on the highway. Unfortunately, the car that I bought has had persistent problems with a squealing noise when the clutch pedal is depressed. It started the morning after I purchased the car. The dealer replaced the slave cylinder/throwout bearing assembly after 600 miles. It squealed again the morning after I picked the car up and has been intermittently squealing ever since then.

Great, affordable car
By bayoubus on 12/07/11 17:26 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got a basic model Fiesta at a steal of a price after my hand-me-down car from college suddenly needed a new engine. I didn't have much time to shop around because my job requires transportation, so I was apprehensive about the sudden purchase but couldn't turn down the deal I got on this car. I don't regret it! I previously owned a Toyota Echo that drove great but always felt a little flimsy on the road. I don't get this feeling at all with the Fiesta. It's stylish, drives great, feels solid and it gets awesome gas mileage. I'm pretty tall and I never feel smashed into this car despite its subcompact size. Perfect for a purchase on a budget. I didn't feel like I was sacrificing anything.

My pony replacement
By carmelsmom on 12/03/11 20:54 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my new 2012 ford "puddlejumper". I purchased this to drive during the winter while my Stang is in storage. I cant tell you how happy I am with this vehicle. There has not been on second that I have had regrets about this purchase. The motor isnt even broke in yet and I got 42 MPG driving from my home with is on the west side of Michigan to my daughters home on the east side of the state. It only took 4 gallons of gas! Ford has done a great job on the design of this car. I bought the basic model with manual roll down windows etc. I did install keyless entry and cruise is next on the list. LOVE MY CAR!!!

gear whine in 5th gear
By ironroad99 on 12/02/11 07:04 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like everything about this car except transmission gear whine in 5th gear (manual transmission), like traveling on the highway so not good. Dealer says they will rebuild the transmission but I'm thinking there is too big of downside to that. Waited a long time to get a new car and a Ford so really dissapointing, will probably drive a year and trade.

2012 Ford Fiesta one happy dude
By phillylmbs on 09/27/11 07:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Fiesta in Sept 2011...I actually had to order this car because they don't stay on the lots very long. I drove this car from Abilene Texas to Dallas which is a three hour drive and boy does this car zip around. It actually exceeded my expectations on the highway. After three hours it gets a bit uncomfortable driving. I didn't buy the car for long distance anyway. I purchased it to save gas and get back and forth to work... a round trip of 40 miles. It's great on gas and it's a fun car to drive. Very manuverable vehicle...I can now park in tight spots with ease. Ford finally made a vehicle with style, character and zip. It's been two weeks only but I love this car.

2012 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan (6-spd Auto)
By mathjack22 on 09/25/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my new Fiesta for just over a week now, and I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed with its overall package. I downsized from a Mercury Grand Marquis LS to save on gas and to drive something much sportier for my age (23). To be such a small car, the Fiesta has plenty of front seat space, a feat in itself because I am 6'2 and 280 lbs. There is plentiful head and leg room; my only caveat would be the slightly narrow feel of the driver's side, though I can still get quite comfortable. As far as the back seat, it's a no-go for any practical use, but I didn't need the extra space, so it wasn't a deal-breaker for me. The features on the SE (along with the 203A package) are plentiful.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fiesta in WA is:

$176 per month*