Used 2012 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Stutter and Shudder
By Deb

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I first test drove this car I fell in love, but about a month later I sincerely regretted buying this car. The first problem I had was the catalytic converter end out at around 40,000 miles. Then it started shifting really weird when accelerating from a stop, it would stutter and shudder as if driving a manual and bogging down very badly. So I brought it to Ford and they said it was to be expected and they didn't know why it does that but it is normal, but they decided to try and recalibrate the transmission. The recalibration worked for a little while. Then the stuttering came back again so I brought it back into Ford and they put new transmission seals in claiming it might help, and again it stopped for a little while. But of course it came back and then they tried putting a new clutch in, which also helped for a while. So I finally got fed up with my fiesta and decided to trade it in for a new car, the salesman took it for a spin and was VERY concerned but they also didn't know what was going on and were only willing to give me $3,000 for my car when it booked at $7,000. So again I brought it to the Ford dealership and told them I was concerned about my transmission and the service guy was VERY rude he simply shut down my concern and told me I may need a new clutch, and then I told him that within the last year had already replaced that, then he went on saying that it is to be expected for the car to stutter and make noise while shifting. So DO NOT buy this car unless you are willing to put up with poor service and stuttering!!!

LEMON!!
By E. Lucero

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a used 2012 model from my local Ford dealer as a graduation gift for my daughter in 2013. This car has been nothing but trouble almost from the start! We have had to take the car in for constant service due to the ongoing recalls associated with the clutch, transmission and door locks, and still the car is not up to par. Thank god for warranties! We finally had enough and traded this lemon in for a Fusion; hoping for better luck this time around, and peace of mind knowing my child is driving a safer car.

Not a good choice !
By Christina

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta brand new and loved it . It was cute and drove great! Right when I hit about 30,000 miles , everything went down hill. My 2 rear doors flew open and wouldn't latch [non-permissible content removed] on the freeway (recall) then the clutch needed to be replaced due to is slipping and grinding . This last time , 1 month after the clutch replacement , my car would just start revving while I'm at a complete stop. I should have purchased the extended warranty ! I'm trading it in now , hoping for better luck with a 2016 Ford Fusion.

Had problems since day one, Ford needs to buy back
By Rose

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had transmission problems since day 1, they always tell us it is fixed and it never is. It has spend so much time in the garage that Ford should be making some of my payments for me. I don't complain often about vehicles because I know things can go wrong with anything mechanical but please listen when i say don't buy an automatic transmission fiesta from 2012. This vehicle has had so many recalls and they are still attempting to repair the transmission after the 30th time at the garage. Just got it back a week ago and back it goes again next week for the SAME issue. I can say it is very economical on gas when we do have it to drive. The other upside is that i have never been stranded with the vehicle, the transmission just doesn't work right.

It's no fiesta.
By JustSayNo

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is hands down, the worst car ever made. I have made cars with my Lego sets that are more reliable. Constant transmission problems along with a non functioning Sync system makes this car horrific. However, it is cute to look at; but that's all it has going for it.
Don't you dare buy this car!