2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Adaptive Transmission and Poor Gas consumption issues
By coach_dizzy on 06/26/13 08:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2012 Ford Fiesta SE (Auto) in August of last year. Since we have put on over 33,000 km on it. Never had a issue with until last week. While accelerating there seemed to be a slip or clunk in the transmission and there would be no acceleration for a very brief period of time. We also started to notice a dramatic drop in our MPG. The first 8 months of use we would get around 650km per tank of gas on a mixed driving terrain. Now we are lucky to push 425km per tank. Dealer says it was the ATC and said it is fixed now. We will see. I really hope the gas consumption gets resolved.

The best car under $18,000
By brandonh3 on 02/28/13 16:49 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun on 4 wheels I've ever had. I let people drive my car and they compare it to a high performance mini-sports sedan. The thing corners like it's on rails, gets over 40mpg regularly, has one of the BEST sounding stereo systems from the factory and has safety features out the wazoo. The up and coming 2014 Fiesta ST will be incredible. My car, with 120hp, accelerates fine. I can't imagine it with almost 200hp!!

More than what you expect, but know what you are buying
By chicoandee on 10/20/12 13:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First, I must say that I've read some horrible reviews on the transmission of this car. It is sold as an automatic, but it is actually a manual with a computer controlled clutching system. It ran well until about 500 miles when after it broke in, some hesitation in shifting and noises could be heard - just like a manual transmission. This is normal but the dealers should be upfront about this. Other than that, MPG is as advertised, it has lots of interior creature comforts, and overall I am very happy with the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan in VA is:

$157 per month*