2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
stick shift
By jimd14 on 08/07/13 15:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After reading reviews from owners on this car I opted to get a stick shift. It's a new trans design so it will have bugs for the first few model years. I've had my car for a year putting on 15k miles. So far no problems. I average 40 mpg but do not do highway driving. Yes the paint chips easily but for 16k new you can't expect the same finish as a mustang. For those who complain about cheap materials...it's a cheap car...don't expect higher priced quality - it's simply not realistic. Overall for the price of this car new you get quite a bit for your money.

truly so unhappy with Ford Fiesta
By mariawat1 on 05/30/13 18:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Ford Fiesta in 2012 brand new and brought it back within a couple of weeks with an obnoxious rattling noise, twice I was told that Ford was aware of the problem but they dont know what it is yet, once they figure it out they will fix it. August will be one year I hate this vehicle and the noise it makes I feel as though I am driving in an old rattle car like my sons 1993 Saturn at least he has an excuse the thing is old. How fair is it that I drive around in a vehicle I have to pay for every month when it sounds like a broken down old piece of junk. My third visit they figured out it was the transmission they will get the part in a couple of days that was may 15 today is May 30

1000 miles a week, great MPG
By 93536ford on 03/10/13 21:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive my little Fiesta 1000 miles a week commuting to work and school. It does fine at speeds between 70 and 80 MPH. For passing or steep hills you do need to downshift to 4th. It handles high winds well for a light car and corners very well. MPG range is 35 to 42. The advertised 38 is the norm. 23,000 miles so far without issue.

On the road again
By spikes1gambit on 12/30/12 12:18 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Feb and have since put over 15,000 miles on it. I've been through the desert, up over the continental divide, over hills, through woods and stuck in traffic. Average Commute is 38 mpg, I've hit up to 44 on the hwy. THe back seat is a little cramped and the arm rest is wimpy, other than that, I love hitting the road in my car.

Shifting/ automatic
By ldouglass on 09/06/12 06:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in May of 2012 with only 5 miles on it. At first I loved it but after I hit around 4,000 miles I noticed the car wouldn't shift properly. When I brought it into the dealer they said it was normal for this car. I don't care if it is normal or not. It is dangerous. Sometimes it won't shift very well at all. Hesitating and feels like it will stall at any minute. Hills are the worst, very hard to get up them. I feel this car will cause an accident for some. I don't recommend it. Not only does it spit and sputter shifting up but you can also hear the clunking of the transmission when it shifts down. I have a feeling there will be a recall on this car.

uncomfortable
By barryz on 09/03/12 22:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am only 5 ft 67 in tall, but my right knee is sore from rubbing on center console after a 300 mile drive, hurts even on short drives, and it seems i always hit the windshield wiper stalk to the on position when i get in car, even tho i am aware its there, my arm hits it every time i get in. Automatic trans shifts well and car is smooth and quiet at 80mph.

It's like buying a hybrid without paying extra
By raj58 on 08/14/12 11:10 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love the fuel efficiency of Ford Fiesta. It gives me 40-42 mpg on my daily commute and 50-54 mpg on highways. I also like its cute looks, the spacious interior, the safety features like 7 airbags, blind spot mirrors, and capless fule inlet. On negative side, there is no arm rest for the driver, the lights are not automatic and the pick up is somewhat slow.

I love this car more the longer I drive it.
By nubile on 06/28/12 08:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta new and the longer I own it the more I love it. I really appreciate the solid body feel and the handling. This car goes where you steer it and can turn on dime. A make or break issue with me was going to be the 5-speed manual. Several years ago I owned a 2001 Focus and I hated the 5-speed manual because it felt so clunky and cheap. The Fiesta’s 5-speed is smooth and has an un-American feel that reminds me of an old 89 Acura Inegra I used to love driving. The Fiesta is not as powerful but it feels to be of equal quality. My only real complaints are some of the minor interior parts have a very cheap plastic feel that take away from a plush interior.

GOTCHA TRANSMISSION.
By artii on 06/23/12 05:15 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car till it had 6500 miles. Car started to act lke the choke was coming on when slowing: car would almost stall out at stops. Took it in for service. they said that was normalfor this yr model. They actually gave me printed "tech notice" saying this was normal!!! I went on a 300 mile trip gas mileage went from 41 to 35 mpg AND it now over rev's to shift. 1st and 2nd fair but reves to 5500 rpm from 3k to down shift. also over revs to down shift when passing and you can feel 3,4,5, gears as a mush bal and takes about 2 seconds to shift. Dangerous on the interstate!!!!!

Great Entry Level Car for the Value (Sedan, Auto Trans.)
By sarah0509w on 06/07/12 10:24 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 1st car purchased new, and I love it. I don't understand peoples huge annoyance w/ the shifting. It's an economy car, so of course it's not going to be as responsive and zoom off like some of the higher level models or like a sports car. Yes, the shifting can seem a bit indecisive and shaky at low gears, but it really depends how you drive it. If you are a shy, offensive, accelerator-tapping driver it will probably bug you. As long as you're not shy and you drive with purpose (I'm not saying to squeal out or be reckless), it's surprisingly responsive and fun. The sedan is pretty spacious, and everyone comments on how big the trunk is. AND I get an avg of 33mpg city, 39-40mpg hwy!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan in VA is:

$170 per month*