Used 2012 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

I warn you don't!!!
By Nicole

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2012 Ford Fiesta SE 30 days ago off the lot. Day 27 the transmission goes goes out. Its at 86,000 miles. Turns out that the type of transmission this is (half manual/half auto) does not last long. So Ford knows its a problem and as a 100,000 miles warranty to fix it. The problem with that is that this car will most likely break down again because its just way the car it built, not just a random malfunction. Do not but any from the year 2011-2015. Actually, most of the fords in those years have them like the Focus. I found out that there is actually a class action lawsuit type thing because so many people are big this problem. The interior is made cheaply because the plastic door handle broke off day 2 of owing it. After a week of buying the car the sun roof started working 50% of the time. The USB connects to the phone so it can change but doesn't connect to play music anymore because the fuse that is the liaison between the two went out. On a bright side it does drive smooth. Though I would rather have bumpy car that lasts

Huge mistake!
By Fran

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in February 2013 used with 13K miles on it. At 15K miles had to have the transmission worked on. Dealer kept the car for 10 days. No loaner car available. At 22K miles had to have the catalytic converter replaced. This time car was kept for a week and had to rent a car to get to work. No loaner provided. Have also been having ac issues. Temps are in the 90s and I am dying from the heat. Car no longer under warranty. Only blows cold air when traveling at least 50 mph. Friend has exact same automobile and also had ac issues when they only had the car 2 months. Dealer told them $900 to repair. She googled and found out lots of complaints and forced the dealer to repair at no cost. I had a Focus prior to this and loved the car. Wish I had stuck to Focus or went with another manufacturer.

Remember economy
By TIm Reilly

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was purchased with economy in mind - I purchased it used at a ford Dealer with 14,000 miles. It has proven to have very good Fuel Mileage (38mpg) highway . I did not expect a soundproof air ride and the car has provided basic transportation as I expected. I do like the fold down back seat as I can carry longer items through the trunk. - The Radio is the worst I have ever seen lucky for the CD player. I have had the recalls reported taken care of at the dealer without incident. I do change my own oil and filter every 4,000 miles with genuine Moto-craft parts. At 45,000 I replaced the front brakes. Here is where I have issue - at 57,000 miles and just a year of ownership I brought the vehicle in for the yearly inspection sticker. I get a call within an hour that the car needs upper and lower balljoints it has a leaking front CV seal and bad bearing. The Ball joints were not available and had to be ordered so three days later I get the car back--- Call Ford and not covered by warranty - That is my issue-- If you build something stand behind your product. with only 57,000 highway miles and serviced regularly this is not abuse or neglect. this is poor quality. This is my review... the vehicle was not cheap I paid dealer price and expected serviceability for at least three uninterrupted years. Tires, breaks, maintenance --- ok, Needed-- However mechanical and operation breakdowns are not acceptable traits to be positive about.

Transmission, radio and electrical problems!!
By melinda

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

transmission awful it grinds up hills looses power on acceleration ! The radio works when it wants to , only controls 3,4 work on ac and heat 1,2 slower fan speeds do not work . Oil service light and low tire air lights stay on even if oil changed and air put in tires !! This car is a nightmare !! My first and LAST ford EVER !!!

2 year report
By jimd14

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my car for a little over 2 years now. I have had no problems with my car other than one of the hub caps having paint peeling which was replaced under warranty and rotors needing to be turned which Ford also replaced under warranty. I was surprised the rotors were covered considering this is a wear and tear item that lasts depending on your driving conditions and habits.

Getting 35 mpg in town and 45 on highway. No problems at all with car.

Factory tires did not last long. I put just shy of 30000 miles on my car and am at 4/32 of tread wear left. Replaced them since winter is coming with Ford recommended General Altimax tires which have a 65000 mile tread warranty.