Used 2012 Ford Fiesta S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Bought it off the lot with 12 miles when I was 18
By Simon Steward

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

In 2012 I bought my Fiesta S sedan, with a 5 speed transmission, and 60,000 miles later it's still a decent car. I replaced all for shocks at 50,000 miles and am about to replace my clutch fairly soon since the plates started to slip. If you're over 6 feet tall no one can set behind. It has decent pull in 1st-3rd gear so you can get up to speed on highways. I use cheap snow tires(compaired to my other cars) and never had a problem in mud or snow. I overpaid by buying an economy car new but it would be a good starter car because they have such a low value now.

Bought it off the lot with 12 miles when I was 18
By Simon Steward

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Run away as fast as you can
By Dan

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This has got to be the worst car ever made by any car company, including Yugo. This car should auto qualify for a lemon. If you buy this car, chose a lemon law attorney the same day you drive off the lot. The ford sync system is terrible and never works properly, and i mean NEVER. The transmission is a constant problem. It sound like it's grinding during every shift point and even when no power is applied. It shifts erratically, surges, stalls out and sometimes leaves me stranded at red lights. Don't buy this car, don't even look at it.

Buy A Toyota!!!
By Tchris

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2012 FORD FIESTA that has had to have 2 transmissions replaced and now the catalytic converter replaced due to the issues with the transmission. FORD is aware that the fiesta's and fusion's all have the shutter and lag when you push on the gas. You can call their 800-WE-DONT-CARE number but FORD will not stand behind their product. If enough people come forward maybe FORD will take some action. [HTML removed]

Get a different car! Fiesta NO lemon YES
By M. C.

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Do not buy this cute little lemon!!! Recalls recalls recalls !!! And brake trouble, transmission trouble engine light always on , car revs at stop signs the service manager said I'm not letting the engine warm up before driving!!! As hot as it's been in Southern California that's absurd!!! I'm done!! Time for a lemon law lawyer! I took it for a recall repair and they CHARGEd me 300 dollars for a throttle body !!! And threatened to take it back out if I didn't pay! And claimed to give me a 300 dollar Ford discount to offset the 600 dollar price tag!!!! I will NEVER buy another Ford!!! To think I was trying to support American made items!! Well they aren't supporting me!! I drive up hill to my house each nite and my car stalls for a few seconds each time!, that's dangerous!! Shall I die for an American made car??? %#¥ NO!!! I'm done!!! Give me back my Toyota!