Used 2012 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

LEMON!!
By E. Lucero

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a used 2012 model from my local Ford dealer as a graduation gift for my daughter in 2013. This car has been nothing but trouble almost from the start! We have had to take the car in for constant service due to the ongoing recalls associated with the clutch, transmission and door locks, and still the car is not up to par. Thank god for warranties! We finally had enough and traded this lemon in for a Fusion; hoping for better luck this time around, and peace of mind knowing my child is driving a safer car.

Not a good choice !
By Christina

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta brand new and loved it . It was cute and drove great! Right when I hit about 30,000 miles , everything went down hill. My 2 rear doors flew open and wouldn't latch [non-permissible content removed] on the freeway (recall) then the clutch needed to be replaced due to is slipping and grinding . This last time , 1 month after the clutch replacement , my car would just start revving while I'm at a complete stop. I should have purchased the extended warranty ! I'm trading it in now , hoping for better luck with a 2016 Ford Fusion.

Had problems since day one, Ford needs to buy back
By Rose

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have had transmission problems since day 1, they always tell us it is fixed and it never is. It has spend so much time in the garage that Ford should be making some of my payments for me. I don't complain often about vehicles because I know things can go wrong with anything mechanical but please listen when i say don't buy an automatic transmission fiesta from 2012. This vehicle has had so many recalls and they are still attempting to repair the transmission after the 30th time at the garage. Just got it back a week ago and back it goes again next week for the SAME issue. I can say it is very economical on gas when we do have it to drive. The other upside is that i have never been stranded with the vehicle, the transmission just doesn't work right.

It's no fiesta.
By JustSayNo

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is hands down, the worst car ever made. I have made cars with my Lego sets that are more reliable. Constant transmission problems along with a non functioning Sync system makes this car horrific. However, it is cute to look at; but that's all it has going for it.
Don't you dare buy this car!

Adaptive Transmission and Poor Gas consumption issues
By coach_dizzy

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 2012 Ford Fiesta SE (Auto) in August of last year. Since we have put on over 33,000 km on it. Never had a issue with until last week. While accelerating there seemed to be a slip or clunk in the transmission and there would be no acceleration for a very brief period of time. We also started to notice a dramatic drop in our MPG. The first 8 months of use we would get around 650km per tank of gas on a mixed driving terrain. Now we are lucky to push 425km per tank. Dealer says it was the ATC and said it is fixed now. We will see. I really hope the gas consumption gets resolved.

Was great on gas, great sound system, hands free Microsoft voice command is perfect and trunk space is good for a small vehicle. It handles very well and looks sporty.

Storage space inside the vehicle (between the driver and passenger seats), power door lock button should be on the door panel and not only on the center dash console. There are no handles on the roof liner to help passengers in and out of the car, and space can be a little cramped in the back.