Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Great car
By SS

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I've kept up with maintenance and had no problems.

Stutter and Shudder
By Deb

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I first test drove this car I fell in love, but about a month later I sincerely regretted buying this car. The first problem I had was the catalytic converter end out at around 40,000 miles. Then it started shifting really weird when accelerating from a stop, it would stutter and shudder as if driving a manual and bogging down very badly. So I brought it to Ford and they said it was to be expected and they didn't know why it does that but it is normal, but they decided to try and recalibrate the transmission. The recalibration worked for a little while. Then the stuttering came back again so I brought it back into Ford and they put new transmission seals in claiming it might help, and again it stopped for a little while. But of course it came back and then they tried putting a new clutch in, which also helped for a while. So I finally got fed up with my fiesta and decided to trade it in for a new car, the salesman took it for a spin and was VERY concerned but they also didn't know what was going on and were only willing to give me $3,000 for my car when it booked at $7,000. So again I brought it to the Ford dealership and told them I was concerned about my transmission and the service guy was VERY rude he simply shut down my concern and told me I may need a new clutch, and then I told him that within the last year had already replaced that, then he went on saying that it is to be expected for the car to stutter and make noise while shifting. So DO NOT buy this car unless you are willing to put up with poor service and stuttering!!!

I warn you don't!!!
By Nicole

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2012 Ford Fiesta SE 30 days ago off the lot. Day 27 the transmission goes goes out. Its at 86,000 miles. Turns out that the type of transmission this is (half manual/half auto) does not last long. So Ford knows its a problem and as a 100,000 miles warranty to fix it. The problem with that is that this car will most likely break down again because its just way the car it built, not just a random malfunction. Do not but any from the year 2011-2015. Actually, most of the fords in those years have them like the Focus. I found out that there is actually a class action lawsuit type thing because so many people are big this problem. The interior is made cheaply because the plastic door handle broke off day 2 of owing it. After a week of buying the car the sun roof started working 50% of the time. The USB connects to the phone so it can change but doesn't connect to play music anymore because the fuse that is the liaison between the two went out. On a bright side it does drive smooth. Though I would rather have bumpy car that lasts

Huge mistake!
By Fran

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in February 2013 used with 13K miles on it. At 15K miles had to have the transmission worked on. Dealer kept the car for 10 days. No loaner car available. At 22K miles had to have the catalytic converter replaced. This time car was kept for a week and had to rent a car to get to work. No loaner provided. Have also been having ac issues. Temps are in the 90s and I am dying from the heat. Car no longer under warranty. Only blows cold air when traveling at least 50 mph. Friend has exact same automobile and also had ac issues when they only had the car 2 months. Dealer told them $900 to repair. She googled and found out lots of complaints and forced the dealer to repair at no cost. I had a Focus prior to this and loved the car. Wish I had stuck to Focus or went with another manufacturer.

Bought it off the lot with 12 miles when I was 18
By Simon Steward

2012 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

In 2012 I bought my Fiesta S sedan, with a 5 speed transmission, and 60,000 miles later it's still a decent car. I replaced all for shocks at 50,000 miles and am about to replace my clutch fairly soon since the plates started to slip. If you're over 6 feet tall no one can set behind. It has decent pull in 1st-3rd gear so you can get up to speed on highways. I use cheap snow tires(compaired to my other cars) and never had a problem in mud or snow. I overpaid by buying an economy car new but it would be a good starter car because they have such a low value now.