Used 2012 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Don't listen to them - This car is great
By Nellie Gordon

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First off - DO YOU RESEARCH!!!!! There are recalls for certain parts for this car. They are completely free to have fixed. I did have to have the clutch replaced in my car. (I have the hatchback SFE) This was a recall that Ford had on this model. I waited around 3 months for my service center to receive the part, took it in and had the car back the next day. Prior to the replacement part, there was an engine shudder coming out of first. I can see where this is a problem. This is not a transmission issue. So don't let that throw you off, Ford replaced the part with no questions asked and it didn't cost me a thing. I will continue to have to get the clutch replaced until my warranty is up. Then I'll probably sell it.
The gas mileage is amazing on this car. I refuel once a week for 20 bucks. And I drive a ton. Oil changes are painless. I haven't had to replace or fix a single thing yet on it.
The only thing I don't like about the car is the space in the back for passengers. It's fairly small in the leg room area. For a couple that's always on the go, it's absolutely perfect!
The acceleration is amazing, turning is amazing, I feel like I'm driving my passat for less than half the price for maintenance. No leaks, it's not loud, the transmission runs perfectly fine, my door latches work perfectly fine, everything.

Car jolting and stalling
By ejgardner

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car randomly jolts and can't get past 20km/hr without jolting and sometimes stalling. I've stalled in the middle of an intersection and tonight I stalled at 100 on the highway and almost got hit by a bus. Took it to Ford and they told me just to deal with it. Unacceptable! Took it back a second time at 8am, took a mechanic on a road test and left the car there. Called at 130, they said it was being looked at. Called at 5 and they said they just pulled it into the shop. Finally got it back at 6 and said all they did was a 20 minute road test during the 10 hours they had it. Told me I would have results today and heard nothing back.

Better customer service.

GREAT HATCHBACK VEHICLE-RECOMMEND HIGHLY
By prepppy

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Changed from 2010 Toyota Matrix with the poorest visibility imagineable, could not see the curb when making a turn.. to a 2012 Ford Fiesta hatchback, automatic, heated seats, great visibility to all sides and back....sporty look and handles unbelievably well on the highway and in the city....good mileage...now looking foreward to going for a drive..Thank you FORD....

Leather heated seats, sunroof, great audio system, and just the neatest little features inside and outside the car.....perfect visibility in all directions.

Excellent Car-WIth its Quirks
By dcomeau42

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback at the end of April.
Overall this car is amazing. Its incredibly efficient. I just went on a road trip to Maine and it got 41mpg going back and around 38-39 going up/driving around there.
For typical weekly driving I get around 35-37 mpg driving a combination of city and highway.
Although driving back roads yesterday i was able to get around 50mpg.
Note: The gauge for the mpg on the car is a bit pessimistic.

The seats are no good for tall people for long distance driving. They are oddly shaped. The only other problem is there is no place to really put your ipod and sorta gets bunch in the cupholders with the drinks.