2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Automatic transmission is a disaster
By pintodw on 06/07/14 10:08 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for good gas mileage as I have a lengthy commute. The vehicle performed well for the first 5K miles but since then I have been in and out of the dealership with automatic transmission problems. My Fiesta now has 23K miles and has been to the dealer five times for transmission work. The last two visits have resulted in major repairs in an attempt to fix the problem and still the problem persists. The transmission shudders, hesitates, and lurches in stop and go traffic or when slowing then starting up again such as at a stop light or stop sign. The dealership has acknowledged there is a problem with this transmission but thus far has refused to replace the transmission. Avoid

Transmission Safety
By bizyb on 06/06/14 03:03 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Transmission would not shift was going down the road and just stopped moving , brought it to a dealer was ground bold and module had no charge to fix but feel this could be a safety issue and could result in death if it happen on a highways thing about this 3 to 4 lanes and your car will not go into gear. Also had a click in Radio when they fie the ground that went away

What you see is not what you get.
By jstrand on 03/24/14 10:35 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The tranny in this thing sounds like it is going to give out. My car grinds in reverse and in drive. It is especially bad in the morning. I have brought it into the dealership multiple times and each time they tell me this is normal.

Car jolting and stalling
By ejgardner on 08/16/13 18:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car randomly jolts and can't get past 20km/hr without jolting and sometimes stalling. I've stalled in the middle of an intersection and tonight I stalled at 100 on the highway and almost got hit by a bus. Took it to Ford and they told me just to deal with it. Unacceptable! Took it back a second time at 8am, took a mechanic on a road test and left the car there. Called at 130, they said it was being looked at. Called at 5 and they said they just pulled it into the shop. Finally got it back at 6 and said all they did was a 20 minute road test during the 10 hours they had it. Told me I would have results today and heard nothing back.

Worst car I have ever purchased
By margien on 07/29/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

From the very beginning we noticed problems with this car. Breaks squeaking due to film on rotors, major transmission problems that the dealership kept telling us were "normal", hill assist would not work, and electrical failure. This is just to name a few on the issues we have had with for over the last 2 years. After all of the craziness with this car we finally are wrapping up our lemon law case. It was a yearlong process but we are glad we did it. Ford is buying back out Fiesta and I have a wonderful and reliable Subaru now. If any of you are thinking about going the lemon law route I highly encourage you. You should not have to be stuck with a car that is dangerous.

Such a LEMON!!
By rebel_gurl314 on 05/01/13 12:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta in Jan 2013 and it had 5,000 miles on it. 3 days after I brought it home I had it back to the shop due to the transmission was slipping, the car made horrible grinding noises (like in jeepers creepers when the girl didn't know how to get the car in the correct gears) and it would not pull a hill. I was told the car was fine and nothing was wrong with it. From then on out I have had the car at the shop 8 times would be more but they wouldn't take the car, ever time I was told nothing was wrong with the car. There is something defiantly wrong with the transmission and FORD knows it but they don't want to take responsibility for it!

Not SAFE FIESTA
By sophiec on 02/06/13 17:18 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car had peeling paint, has odor from engine, is not shifting properly, pulling into shopping mall in front of traffic it would not move? My foot was on the gas and it went up in rpms however not go. My child was with me and I was scared because as it decided to go a truck was coming. The car is good on gas but thats not a plus with regards to safety. Its rolls backwards, again as previously stated it has definate transmission issues. Brand new with 6 months under me I should not deal with these issues at hand. Do not purchase this car if you have kids it is not safe acceleration is poor 2nd time, safety is an issue.

2012 Ford Fiesta
By ryans93 on 09/17/12 11:22 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my 2012 Fiesta hatchback 5-spd manual for about 15k and overall I am very pleased with the car. It has lots of technology features, and is a lot of fun to drive. The Fiesta feels solid and like a larger car when you're driving it, it does not feel cheap and insubstantial. The little 1.6 provides decent performance, it is not fast but does okay. The trade off for that is superb fuel economy. The 5-speed manual shifts great and the clutch is perfect. The interior is full of high quality, soft-touch materials and a great design. It is quiet and comfortable as well. The Fiesta makes you feel like you got more than what you paid.

beware of oil leak!!
By fiesta1 on 08/12/12 18:23 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car yesterday with 20 miles, today at home I woke up and went to see the under of the car and it was leaking oil from the union of the tranny and engine in one of the bolts, so I did research and saw it is a common issue for the fiesta, I got mad and called the dealer and they swap it out for another one which does not leak, make sure to check if it is leaking before you buy, other than that awesome car, also the tranny is very noisy and the automatic shift feels weird. I can't believe a new car can leak oil what a shame ford

GREAT HATCHBACK VEHICLE-RECOMMEND HIGHLY
By prepppy on 06/01/12 16:47 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Changed from 2010 Toyota Matrix with the poorest visibility imagineable, could not see the curb when making a turn.. to a 2012 Ford Fiesta hatchback, automatic, heated seats, great visibility to all sides and back....sporty look and handles unbelievably well on the highway and in the city....good mileage...now looking foreward to going for a drive..Thank you FORD....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback in VA is:

$130 per month*