Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Worst Mistake of my Life!
By Ryan H

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle used as a commuter vehicle as I commuted an hour one way for work at the time. Initially it was good, great gas mileage and drove ok. About two months after I purchased, the engine malfunction light came on, and the car began to have issues shifting in the lower gears. I took the car into Ford and it ended up needing a clutch and electrical wiring done. The clutch was covered but the wiring was not. $600.00 off the bat after only having the car a few months. Things were ok again until January. The car started having the same issues with shifting. Took it to a local Ford dealer, and they basically said that it was how it was supposed to be and sent me on my way without looking at it. I kept pushing since I wasn't getting anywhere. Issues became progressively worse. My engine light would pop on and off. Now I'm told it needs an oxygen sensor, recalibrations, and a catalytic converter. Also just had to fix an oil leak. I haven't had the car a full year yet and I'm over $1,000 in on repairs. The customer service at Ford is ridiculous in NM. Currently trying to get them to buy this thing back as I don't feel comfortable driving it. The transmission option for this car doesn't work for me, and the other issues are adding up.

My Ford Fiesta and Me
By Brett

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My little blue 1987 Nissan Pulsar was on its last limb; it was time to find a new car. After doing a ton of research I realized I wanted to purchase a sporty, compact, economical car. I had many choices that would fulfil these categories, like the Honda Fit, Ford Fiesta, and the Chevy Sonic to name a few. As you can infer from this title I ended up deciding on the Ford Fiesta; it had everything I wanted, sporty looks, fantastic gas mileage, and a plethora of fun accessories. The best part? It was just for the right price.
After searching on Auto Trader for a few weeks, one 2012 Fiesta SE hatchback finally popped up that caught my eye. With only one owner, it was silver, had fun specs like heated seats and a sunroof, had very low miles, and, most importantly, was a five speed manual transmission. I went to the dealer to get a quick test drive--within the first few minutes in the driver's seat, I knew this was the one I wanted. The dealer was very helpful and friendly during the buying process. I got a small loan from my grandmother and the car was officially mine.
I’ve had the car for a little over a year now and I am very pleased with my purchase. As a daily driver, reliability is very important to me- this car has not failed to deliver. This car gives me amazing gas mileage at roughly thirty-two miles per gallon. The car comes with a 1.6 liter four cylinder motor, which keeps up with traffic well while still able to give great gas mileage. I only prefer to drive manual cars; the transmission in the car has a rather "notchy" feel to it that I don't mind, but other drivers may find annoying. This car comes equipped with an anti-rollback feature. When you let off the brake, it will not roll back like a typical manual car would.
The interior of the Fiesta is rather roomy for such a small car, including trunk space. The back seats fold down for even more trunk space. The Interior is made out of a cloth material. The front seats are very comfortable with several adjustability options. They are heated in this model, which is fantastic for the cold winter months. The back seat is the only thing lacking in the interior department; taller people may feel cramped. Overall, I am very comfortable when operating the Fiesta.
I am overall very pleased with my Ford Fiesta; Certainly, it is a huge improvement over my 1987 Nissan Pulsar. There are very few cons about the Ford Fiesta, like the lack of room in the back seat and the "notchy" manual transmission in this particular model. This car would not be well suited for a family because of these cons. There are a ton of pros to this car like the gas mileage, good looks, heated seats, decent sound system, sunroof, and great price to name a few. I recommend this car to the single economically-conscious driver. I give this car a big thumbs up, and I know it will last me for many years to come.

This car
By Spara38

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new in May 2012, and everything was ok with it until Oct 2013 (@15000 miles) when it started shuddering, stalling, and sounding like it was eating itself. Shuddering was so bad I developed back issues from being jostled around so badly. Transmission replaced TWICE, 8/2014 and 10/2015. It happened AGAIN and dealer said it was such a prevalent issue that parts were backordered 5 months. When it left me stranded in the middle of an intersection, I refused to drive it again and drove my husband's car until I traded it in for a Toyota.

This is not a car I'd wish on my worst enemy. Sure it's great on gas, but it'll be in the shop too much to benefit from that!

This car
By Spara38

Grat car for round town
By Ken

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bout mine in july hade no problem with mine. Mine is a five speed manual with only 50.000 mils on it price was ten thousand 20012 se great gas milg on it mine has cruse cantrl tilt ac power window s and no sat radio butt has the aux in it for my ph ps tks ford i did my homework on mine i would re driving a manual