Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

RUN LIKE THE WIND
By Debbie

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

That's what you should do when considering this car. I bought my car brand new in July 2012. The test drive was great and I traded an SUV to get better gas mileage and to have the reliability with a new car. Well, I got the great mileage but everything else about this car has been a disappointment. In the first 2 years I had it, 3 door locks broke. They suddenly would not shut and latch - so you couldn't drive the car without the doors flying open. I had to put someone in the back seat to hold the doors shut to get it to the dealer. I had to physically hold the passenger door shut with one hand while driving to the dealer. And then they didn't have the parts. Obviously I couldn't drive it home so they did get me a rental and the door was fixed within a week. Then, the transmission started to shudder and it felt like I was popping the clutch when it's an automatic. There were times it would barely go from a stop light and you have to be careful not to pull out in front of anyone because it may go and it may not. It's not safe and I absolutely hate this car. Unfortunately I have 3 more years to pay on it and Ford's service leaves alot to be desired. Apparently the transmission has indeed a problem and I took it in last November 2014 - they first told me nothing was wrong with it and all the settings were normal. I threw a fit and told them I needed to speak with the Service Mgr. I spoke with him and he took it out for a long drive and then I got a call saying yes indeed, there is a problem with the transmission and Ford is aware of the problem but they didn't have the parts. They told me it would probably be January 2015 the parts would be in but they would contact me and let me know when they had arrived. It's now July 2015 and I still haven't received that notice. Now there is a recall with an emissions problem - I am 63 years old and have never had so many problems with a new car as I have with this Ford. I will never buy another Ford car - EVER.

Automatic transmission is a disaster
By pintodw

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for good gas mileage as I have a lengthy commute. The vehicle performed well for the first 5K miles but since then I have been in and out of the dealership with automatic transmission problems. My Fiesta now has 23K miles and has been to the dealer five times for transmission work. The last two visits have resulted in major repairs in an attempt to fix the problem and still the problem persists. The transmission shudders, hesitates, and lurches in stop and go traffic or when slowing then starting up again such as at a stop light or stop sign. The dealership has acknowledged there is a problem with this transmission but thus far has refused to replace the transmission. Avoid

Handles well and great gas mileage. Very comfortable seats. Very roomy (I'm 6'7" and have great headroom and leg room in the driver's seat.

Scrap the automatic transmission and go with the CVT like the new Honda Fit or Nissans. If Ford sticks with this bizarre automatic transmission it will be the end of them.

Transmission Safety
By bizyb

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Transmission would not shift was going down the road and just stopped moving , brought it to a dealer was ground bold and module had no charge to fix but feel this could be a safety issue and could result in death if it happen on a highways thing about this 3 to 4 lanes and your car will not go into gear. Also had a click in Radio when they fie the ground that went away

Gas Milage ....

Fix the Trans mission and Radio issues especially the Transmission if someone was going on a Trip and this happens on the highway at 60mph the car would be a target to get rear ended by unsuspecting driver and cause Death..

What you see is not what you get.
By jstrand

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The tranny in this thing sounds like it is going to give out. My car grinds in reverse and in drive. It is especially bad in the morning. I have brought it into the dealership multiple times and each time they tell me this is normal.

Sirius XM compatibility, bluetooth - to - phone, ability to change color of lights.

transmission.

Car jolting and stalling
By ejgardner

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car randomly jolts and can't get past 20km/hr without jolting and sometimes stalling. I've stalled in the middle of an intersection and tonight I stalled at 100 on the highway and almost got hit by a bus. Took it to Ford and they told me just to deal with it. Unacceptable! Took it back a second time at 8am, took a mechanic on a road test and left the car there. Called at 130, they said it was being looked at. Called at 5 and they said they just pulled it into the shop. Finally got it back at 6 and said all they did was a 20 minute road test during the 10 hours they had it. Told me I would have results today and heard nothing back.

Better customer service.