Used 2012 Ford Fiesta SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Transmission, radio and electrical problems!!
By melinda

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

transmission awful it grinds up hills looses power on acceleration ! The radio works when it wants to , only controls 3,4 work on ac and heat 1,2 slower fan speeds do not work . Oil service light and low tire air lights stay on even if oil changed and air put in tires !! This car is a nightmare !! My first and LAST ford EVER !!!

2 year report
By jimd14

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my car for a little over 2 years now. I have had no problems with my car other than one of the hub caps having paint peeling which was replaced under warranty and rotors needing to be turned which Ford also replaced under warranty. I was surprised the rotors were covered considering this is a wear and tear item that lasts depending on your driving conditions and habits.

Getting 35 mpg in town and 45 on highway. No problems at all with car.

Factory tires did not last long. I put just shy of 30000 miles on my car and am at 4/32 of tread wear left. Replaced them since winter is coming with Ford recommended General Altimax tires which have a 65000 mile tread warranty.

stick shift
By jimd14

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After reading reviews from owners on this car I opted to get a stick shift. It's a new trans design so it will have bugs for the first few model years. I've had my car for a year putting on 15k miles. So far no problems. I average 40 mpg but do not do highway driving. Yes the paint chips easily but for 16k new you can't expect the same finish as a mustang. For those who complain about cheap materials...it's a cheap car...don't expect higher priced quality - it's simply not realistic. Overall for the price of this car new you get quite a bit for your money.

Traction and stability control, tire pressure monitoring on a "el cheapo" car. Hill assist works. Car will take off if I rev the rpms up or will sip gas if I keep them low. Power sunroof hides inside the headliner instead of just sliding back over the roof like most small cars do. Satellite radio and cd player included with se trim. Changeable led colors with the mood lighting. Trunk so big I once watched 12 clowns climb out it. I can park it anywhere. Handles well in rain and snow.

Make back seat actually usable, way too tight. I would give up trunk space for a few extra inches back there. Door lock button in the middle of the dash - move it back to the doors. I feel like a cocktail being shaken going over some roads with the stiff suspension. Add a 6th gear to the stick shift transmission for highway cruising. Offer adjustable lumbar support on the seats. Armrest....oh that's what that little thing is coming out the side of my chair. Rear end design is bland on the sedan... Junk the automated manual trans or get the bugs out before you get a bad reputation that takes years to recover from.

truly so unhappy with Ford Fiesta
By mariawat1

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Ford Fiesta in 2012 brand new and brought it back within a couple of weeks with an obnoxious rattling noise, twice I was told that Ford was aware of the problem but they dont know what it is yet, once they figure it out they will fix it. August will be one year I hate this vehicle and the noise it makes I feel as though I am driving in an old rattle car like my sons 1993 Saturn at least he has an excuse the thing is old. How fair is it that I drive around in a vehicle I have to pay for every month when it sounds like a broken down old piece of junk. My third visit they figured out it was the transmission they will get the part in a couple of days that was may 15 today is May 30

Today I was told the part will not be available until the end of June. I am moving to Texas and was going to have my son drive the piece of crap down there but I was hoping it would be fixed by then. It seems like it wont be fixed and I can get the run around from a Ford dealer in Texas now. no favorite features. I hate this vehicle because when a car rides like a piece of crap it is a piece of crap

Ford if you cat fix your own New vehicle after a year then maybe you should not make cars anymore. i did not have the option to pick an 2012 Ford Fiesta automatic

1000 miles a week, great MPG
By 93536ford

2012 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive my little Fiesta 1000 miles a week commuting to work and school. It does fine at speeds between 70 and 80 MPH. For passing or steep hills you do need to downshift to 4th. It handles high winds well for a light car and corners very well. MPG range is 35 to 42. The advertised 38 is the norm. 23,000 miles so far without issue.

I like the mileage and the sinc radio system. The ride is quiet for an econobox.

A 6th gear would be nice and reduce RPM. I am 6' tall and drive this and all other cars with the seat all the way back. I wish it had a bit more led room in the back seat area with the front seats all the way back for when I have the kids with me (this is mainly a commuter). Also, the driver's armrest needs to be wider.