2011 Ford Fiesta 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Transmission Problems!

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Transmission Problems!
By Not a Fiesta! on

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fiesta at the end of July. I have just over 2,000 miles on my fiesta and it is in the shop as we speak getting a new transmission! I am very disappointed in the car; it has never shifted (automatic) the way you would expect. Failed attempts to reprogram/repair the transmission have left me car-less as I get a new transmission. I spoke to a representative from corporate ford and asked if these transmission problems were common among the new design. He asked me how much I liked the SYNC system, ignored my question and the fact my brand-new car is not worth the money or headache.
By tlbd
on 07/05/11 15:09 PM (PDT)

My daughter bought a brand new 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchbook with the automatic dual clutch transmission less than three weeks ago. She had to take the car in to the dealer last week for transmission problems. Dealer service dept. confirmed transmission problems and also told her that Ford is not authorizing repairs to this vehicle as engineering is investigating and there is no repair available! Really? Ford is selling this car with a known, serious defect and no available fix. After researching, it's obvious this transmission has been giving consumers problems since the 2011 Ford Fiesta came out in 2010. Dealer is not offering any solutions either (as in getting her out of this car and into another) even though we have documentation that they were aware of these problems prior to selling the car to my daughter. Will be pursuing Ford Motor Corp and the dealer through legal avenues.