LOVE this little car!
By armydoc115 on
2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I'm in the Army on Ft Benning, Ga, and I have a roughly 90 mile commute from home to work. My daily driver has been a 2005 Jeep Wrangler with 6" lift and 33" tires. I LOVE my Jeep and won't ever part with it, nor will I ever be without a Jeep, but with 14mpg, gas was killing me. I bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatch 5 spd, and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. The European influence is evident in almost every aspect of the car. It's not fast, but it isn't terrbly slow either. It will handle 80mph on the highway like it's a much larger car, and it has plenty of passing power. Gas mileage is wonderful! My average between city/highway is usually 36-38 mpg. It handles great, and sync rocks!
Favorite Features
Favorite features are sync (it took some getting used to, but once you've got it down, it's wonderful), visibility (built in blind spot mirrors were a great touch), overall design, interior and exterior looks, and at 3500 rpm you can FEEL the power kick in. That's the sweet spot. I've only owned Jeeps/Dodge Rams in the past, so I never thought I'd like a car, but I love this Fiesta. I get over 400 miles out of a tank of gas, every time.
Suggested Improvements
This car only needs a few things; a center arm rest (you can buy them aftermarket and they look 100% factory, and they're called Boomerang. $175 on ebay), a shorter throw shifter because the 5 spd has pretty long travel between gears (again, you can buy them aftermarket from Ford and other companies for under $200), volume controls on the steering wheel with the other controls, and a 6 speed standard would be nice. They put a 6th in the auto, so why not the manual? My Jeep Wrangler is a 6 speed and it makes a HUGE difference.