2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: Love this car...mostly!

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love this car...mostly!
By cafiestase on

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase the car new..."off the truck" in Apr '11. Now in late June I have 4,K on the clock. Ride is very quite for a car of this size/price. I believe the engine gives off a nice sound when pushed. On smooth roads it is sound proofed well, only slight engine noise at 2750 to 3000 RPM's, not b4 or higher. Handling in the twisties it is fun to drive and handles very well. The radio/Satellite/Phone/CD/Sync is wonderful, but, it is complicated, but then I am 73, maybe that's why... Overall, Ford has done a great job on this car. I only hope that it will prove to be as good as '03 Ford 2.3 Focus I owned.

Favorites: Mileage, Features (I keep finding new ones) i.e., a liquid cooled Oil cooler, Front & Rear lighting w/movable directional beams, Fit & Finish, trunk lid liner. These are but a few things that one does not find in a car of this size/price. Car feels solid when driving on all surfaces...In CA that is. I have a few gripes listed below but the bottom line is, I would still purchase this fun, economical car!

The car comes with no gas cap or locking fuel door. Given the price of Gas here/now, not comfortable going without a gas cap, spent $22.00 for a locking cap from my dealer. Ford's "Packages" have all of optional goodies, they're just not packaged right. For instance, in order for one to get Cruise Control, you have to purchase a $1200.+ more to get it. There NO Hooks/Handles in the car. Usually the small cars have handles above the door opening, not here. The Auto Trans, for me, is a love/hate experience. Its shifting in stop/go traffic is unacceptable with its jerking and hiccuping. The OEM Kuhmo tires are somewhat sticky, but TOO noisy.