2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Review: Love the design - not the tran

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Love the design - not the transmission or starter!
By fiestyone on

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have an automatic & got it in Oct. after a month long wait! Up until winter hit in Minnesota I loved it. Very stylish, comfortable & quiet. I did a comparison with a Honda Fit before deciding on the Fiesta. The Fit just didn't have the get up & go that Fiesta did. Anyway cold weather hit & my Fiesta does not start well. I sometimes hear a grinding noise when starting. Twice now my car won't go into reverse or drive - very frustrating not being able to rely on your car when you need it - especially one with only 4,000 miles on it! What gives??? Also, doesn't feel the safest with roads that are part ice & part dry - wheels tend to throw the car around a lot.

Looks, many upgraded standard features, great stereo. Super gas mileage! Very fun to drive!

A car that goes into reverse and drive when you need it to. Arm rest should be standard - not an option. Somehow try to create a bit more leg room in the back seat with larger back window to avoid blind spots.
By ashley7979
on 01/13/11 14:05 PM (PST)

OMG!! The same thing happened to me. It snowed here and it was making a weird sound for a few days today when I went to drive it. It wouldn't drive. I could reverse it, but not drive forward. I had it towed this morning. I think the transmission is out.

By amcmurchy
on 12/29/10 10:49 AM (PST)

We live in Regina, Saskatchewan and purchased the same vehicle at the end of July and we are having the same problem that you are. Were you able to get it resolved? Our car is at the dealership as I write this and they seem to be baffled.