Great Value
By FordConvert on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
My Fiesta replaces a Civic Si sedan. Before, I had a Passat followed by a GTi. The Fiesta is down on power and size, but it is the equal to those cars in all other respects. I got way more for my money than I expected. It is quiet, comfortable and good looking both inside and out. It handles great and feels substantial on the highway. I chose the Fiesta because I planned to give it to my oldest child eventually, but I really like it for me. It is small and a modest performer, but it does not feel like budget transportation in any way. If you are looking for a small car for your commute (rather than the family), I sincerely recommend the Fiesta. My SE hatch is an outstanding value.
Favorite Features
Feels as solid as my wife's Mercedes. Sync is outstanding. Heated seats and mirrors cheap. Nice, thick steering wheel. Innovative use of interior materials creates a Volkswagen quality environment. The electric steering which goes from Town Car to Si. The quiet, settled ride. Athletic handling.
Suggested Improvements
I bought a center armrest from Boomerang. Great quality, so first problem solved. I am still getting used to the power vs economy balance. You better be small if you plan on anyone using the back seat. I haven't been able to fit my golf clubs in the back without putting part of the back seat down.