Good value ... good car
By wyophil on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.
Favorite Features
Handling, mileage, fun-per-dollar ratio, comfort, fairly quiet for a small car. I live in Wyoming, but haven't had any winter-related (snow, ice) problems getting around. Likely would in really deep snow, though.
Suggested Improvements
Somewhat jerky at slow speeds. Takes some getting used to. Fix Sync's voice recognition. Too often it calls the wrong person. More of a classic dash panel would be good. This one seems a little too sci-fi inspired. The heater takes longer to warm up the car than other cars I've had, but works just fine in general.