Good car
By stephen_c on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P
Favorite Features
Small blind-spot mirrors mounted on each side-view mirrow make for great visibility. HUGE trunk for the size of the car (Sedan)! Interior space is good. We are smaller folks but have friends over 6' who have fit comfortably in the back seat. High-enough off of the ground to be able to do light off-roading with no issues! Gas Mileage is a dream!
Suggested Improvements
Sync could use a little work. Our subscription ran out with very little use due to slow response times and somewhat weak voice recognition. Auxillary jack has had issues recognizing devices from day one. It works, but can be spotty at times. Slightly larger gas tank. Even with great mileage the smaller size of the tank necessitates more frequent fill-ups than I would like. Still, it's not a gas guzzler at all!
By s_carlock
on 02/08/14 20:05 PM (PST)

Posting this comment as an ***UPDATE*** As of January 2013, with our Fiesta at 59913 miles (with a 60k powertrain warranty) the transmission fell apart. While driving uphill the trans suddenly went splat and started grinding like crazy. When we took it in to the dealer they informed me that the transmission had "fallen apart." Luckily it was replaced with 100% of the cost for the work + rental covered by Ford, but it doesn't give me a lot of hope for the longevity of the vehicle. Otherwise the car has been great to us. Transmission problem aside it still gets great gas mileage in our now mostly city-driving situation and is of course a very comfortable ride. I'm worried about what is coming up next but due to a growing family we probably won't have this car for much longer as a childseat essentially claims the entire backseat.