2011 Ford Fiesta 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Cute, Fast and Fun

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Review

SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Cute, Fast and Fun
By FiestaInMotion on

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my automatic Fiesta for 3 weeks and I love it. It is way more fun to drive than its 120 hp would suggest - maintains highway speed effortlessly, passes cars easily, and I don't feel like potential road kill in it. Nothing feels cheap or sluggish, and the seats are really comfortable. Even in high heat when I'm blasting the AC all day both ways, I still average 30 mpg. On cool days when I can drive with windows down I get over 40 on the highway.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy is great, ambient lighting is very cute, acceleration is really good - that's something that would have been a deal breaker for me. Good sound system and very comfortable drivers seat.

Suggested Improvements

At speeds under 5 mph, it kind of balks like it's having trouble finding a gear, and surges rather than smoothly goes forward. Not fun in heavy traffic, but I'm learning to adjust. SYNC is not worth the money - Voice recognition bad, no way to make a speed dial if phone isn't compatible, confusing.