Another FUN small car from Ford...
By cafiestase on
2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased my car in April and got it right off the truck. It is a 6-speed trans, SE sedan. For me the trans is a love/hate situation. When in stop/go traffic, it tends to buck/jerk. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing...that's right on par with what service guys/gals are programmed to say. The next time I ask them to have the Trans Guy ride with me. The car has alot of European touch's that we are not used to getting in a car at this price. I.e., a liquid cooled, oil cooler. Because of the normally fine 6-speed trans, there is little to no effort staying with the traffic on an up-hill clime.
Favorite Features
With the 6-speed and only a 1.6L I believe that the acceleration is more than adequate to enter any freeway on-ramp. Love the Sync/Bluetooth for cell phone is really slick. My MPG numbers are lower than I expected, 35-38 on mixed driving. I am taking the car on an 3,000 Mi. vacation in Sept. I hope to see much better numbers...stay tuned. This is a fun car to drive and particularly quite on smooth surfaces. Absolutely great turning circle. I also loved my 2003 Focus, 3-door, 2.3L PEZEV. I never had a reason to take that car to the dealer for any repairs, hopping that this car wears as well.
Suggested Improvements
Where are the interior "hooks" Ford? No over the door handles. The radio, Sync, phone, CD, Am-Fm player sound quality is very good; is too complicated. start offering locking gas caps option. Front windshield needs 3-3.5" sun band.