Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Don't get a Fiesta
By rm

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is in the shop right now after putting in only 100 miles.I have an engine light on and a traction control. The technician told me that they have to change the whole engine. They have to order the engine first and it would take probably two weeks to fix it. I bought the car because I read a lot of good reviews from this car. I'm very disappointed!!

Solid but not stellar
By David

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

3,000 miles into my ownership experience, I have found my Fiesta to be OK. Exterior styling is fine-most heard comment is "cute" On the interior, love the front seats but the back seat leg room is inadequate. No center armrest and somewhat spartan with the SE trim level (no cruise control for instance) Ride is comfortable but already hearing some squeaks from interior trim at higher speeds. Acceleration is what you would expect from a car in this class. Gas Mileage has been 35 mpg with a 60/40 highway/city split. Nice little commuter car but not totally in love.

Gas mileage, front seat comfort

SE trim level should have more standard features, more rear seat leg room, center arm rest should be provided

Great value
By Venezuelan

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiesta in July (I ordered to my specs), so far I've driven aprox. 2500 miles. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase, I used to drive an 07 Camry with a 2.4 engine. The Fiesta engine is not as powerful but it will not disappoint you, it will get to highway speeds fast, I feel the car begins to feel a little bit heavy going over 70 mph, at that point you will running at about 3000 rpm. I'm getting 34 mpg 50% city 50% Hwy, the Fiesta is quiet on the streets, suspension is good I barely use the SYNC (only to send the vehicle health reports to Ford), for the price this will a good purchase, it will save you money on commute and long trips.

Aerodynamic exterior design, Blind spot mirrors, Satellite radio, interior design, sunroof, center radio console.

6th gear for less noise engine, a turbocharged engine, better tuned transmission (1st through 3rd gear), standard armrest (even though in a manual you don't need it unless you travel for long distances), fog lights (not LEDs), GPS navigation with map, hydraulic suspension and automatic AC control

Best in Class!
By Audrey

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car with fuel economy and ended up with the Fiesta. It's fun to drive, well built, and the MPG are nice! It's better than a hybrid, in my book, because of the easier maintenance and less effect on the environment (you read that right). Batteries in hybrids are very toxic to manufacture and depose of. I love the handling, features, and design of my Fiesta!

Everything! The handling, small size, high MPG, heated mirrors, trim materials, paint color (Monterrey Gray!), SYNC/Audio system, exterior design, front seats...

An inch or two more leg room for the back passengers; adults are cramped even with the front seats moved forward. The headrests don't support your neck and make my neck a little tired after a long drive. An easy way to toggle Traction Control and see Engine Oil Temperature would be nice.

What Europeans Have Known For Years...
By slipster17

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Once again, we here in the US have a sampling of Fords European branch with the new Fiesta. Part of a legacy of smaller, nimble hatchbacks (Fiesta, Escort, Focus) that made up the backbone of sales in Europe for years. During my first month of ownership I can safety say the 2011 Fiesta has just as much fun, great styling and economy packed in as the original Focus... but also much more. For under $20k you can have a car appointed as well as any $30k mid-size; but with so much more character! It's fluid styling and vibrant colors make it an instant hit no matter where it's parked. The winning formula is all there; you just have to try it. Go on. You might just be surprised at what you find.

Styling, handling, consistently better than advertised fuel mileage, supportive seats, heated seats (optional).

The only thing I'd like to see added to this car in the future is more engine options. The current 120 bhp 1.6l will move the car just fine and returns excellent mileage; but a sportier version with EcoBoost wouldn't hurt - the Fiesta certainly has the ability to handle more power.