Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

2011 Yellow Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES Automatic
By ceg1001

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 08 Ford Mustang, to save some money on car payments and Gas. I have not been dissapointed. This car has the best MPG I have seen in any car. I do 40 mpg in the highway and 33 mgp in the city, versus 19 mpg with the Mustang. The car came with SYNC, Ambience Lighting, Sirius radio, and Cruise Control. The car handles rather well on the highway, you get the feeling that you are driving a midsize sedan. As far as interior space, I can fit two car seats in the back and drive comfortably in the front. The trunk space is decent. I would recommend that the add an armrest on the driver's side. I was aprehensive with giving up my Mustang, but I am now certain that I did the right choice

Ambience Lighting, SYNC system is amazing, Sirius Radio, Cruise control

I would recommend armrests for the driver and passanger's seats, Storage in between the from seats would be nice.

7500 Miles in my Fiesta Hatchback w/automatic
By haulsalot

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Fiesta Hatchback new in November as an around town and commuting car.
My drive is 38 miles each way with a mix of two lane road, suburban traffic, and I-95.
On any given day, the 18 miles on 1-95 can be wide open or grinding traffic.
After 4 months, I couldn't be happier with the Fiesta.
It is fun to drive, quiet, full of cool features, very comfortable.
So far I have had no issues of any sort with the car and pretty much everything about it is better than expected.
The Sync system with Sirius is terrific, working flawlessly over Bluetooth with my Blackberry.

I have owned quite a few new cars and the Fiesta compares favorably with my Honda Fit and Toyota/Pont Vibe.

Sirius Sat. radio, Sync system, overall fit and finish and the mood lighting are great. I know the mood lighting sounds stupid, but it's actually very cool and I especially like how it lights the cup holders. With my long commute, I leave early every day, and the ability to see inside the car without an overhead light is really nice. Picking my "color of the day" is mild diversion at the start of the drive. I also need to stress the gas mileage. I carefully record everything. After 7500 miles I am averaging 39.8 mpg. That includes mostly commuting plus several longer mountainous trips. I generally go about 430 - 450 between fill ups and put in about 11.1 or 11.2 gallons. Amazing!!

I do wish the front seat was just a tad wider (like maybe 1/2") My 2008 Honda Fit Sport has a slightly wider seat and it fits (no pun intended) my overly wide butt a bit better. I put this more in the category of my problem than a design issue with the car though. And, overall I much prefer the Fiesta to the Fit. My 20 year old daughter who drives the Fit to college also likes the Fiesta better overall. The Fit does, however, have considerably more interior volume. Also, the 6 speed dual clutch automatic is sometimes a bit grabby between 2nd and 3rd gears in stop and go traffic. On the other hand, I think the 6 speed contributes signifcantly to the great gas milage.

Fun car!
By alliemn

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 5-door automatic SES with the yellow paint, and I love it! It's zippy and fun to drive. I get lots of compliments on my car.
It's been winter in MN for the whole time I've owned my Fiesta so far, and the car heats up quickly and starts just fine in the cold, though it helps to let it run for
couple minutes before driving. I haven't had any trouble driving in the snow.

The yellow exterior (and all the other fun color options), cute & sporty styling, gas mileage, SYNC for phone calls, good heating. Smooth, quiet ride; makes my long commute more tolerable. I got the keypad on the door so I can leave my keys in the car when out for a run. I had the dealer put heating in just the driver's seat, which was a nice option and cheaper than buying the whole winter package (though the seat heat only works on "high" and gets a bit too hot; when I complained the dealer explained that the "low" is working; it just doesn't heat up enough to actually feel-- lame!).

- I really wish there were a center console. - The storage in the back would be better if the seats folded down flush and flat like in the Honda Fit. - If there were just another inch or two of length, I'd be able to fit my (fairly small) road bike in the back without having to take both wheels off. - It's strange that the door lock button is on the center control panel by the radio, rather than on the doors. - When you have the blower just set to "floor", it still comes out the top/defrost; sometimes my feet are still cold but I'm too hot on top.

Fiesta Wins Hands Down
By snowcrash7

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 3 cars last week. A Mazda 2, which had the dash pressed up against my left knee and smelled of burnt oil after doing 70 on the highway. The Honda Fit Sport, which really surprised me on the highway. I had it at 70 and the engine was over reving, like it wanted to be shifted into a higher gear. I was looking for an over drive button but the dealer who was also in the car said it didnt have one. That was a shocker.

The Fiesta was the best drive. Car did not strain at highway speeds at all, high quality interior, nice tight shifter, very good lateral and lumbar support from the seats. Very nice ride. They are selling well and its obvious why. This ones a winner.

Go with the Honda Fit
By tangog

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am looking for a commuting car that can eventually be a hand-me-down.
I just test drove both the fiesta and the honda fit with my 13 year old son - manual trans for both as I think it is needed on these small cars.
After looking at the write-ups that made the fiesta sound great, I thought I would put it to the test.
my son and I both thought the fit sport won hands down based on driving impressions and comfort.
the fiesta needed to be jump started and smelled afterwards like clutch and brake - could be new car break in, definitely not me because I drive awesome - ha.
At 5,000 rpm, it felt like it was going to blow.
For die hard ford fans consider the focus - rebates are attractive.