Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Most Helpful|
1 Month Ownership w/Auto
By stardude82

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun little car. I don't know why I like it so much in spite of its sluggish acceleration, body role and bizarre low speed transmission behavior! Despite what Ford marketing will have you believe this car is a compromise. But it's on I live with without regrets. I found the back seats in this car perfectly adequate and more useful than the big brother Focus. I'm averaging 38 mph in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, engine refinement, exterior and over all sporty drive feel.

Suggested Improvements

More lateral leg room for the driver, at least get rid of that intrusive cup holder. The Sync system and controls could be more intuitive. Valet keys would be nice. More HP and/or low end torque would be nice.

Love My 2011 Fiesta SES
By jimies

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of driving in the City. I wanted a car that was easy to park and drive in tight places. This car works perfect in these situations. The heated seats, push button start and the Sync system are all nice pluses. To date I have just over 37,000 trouble free miles on this car.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, easy to park and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

An ecco-boost Fiesta could be fun.

good but poor auto transmission
By pelach

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The build quality seems to be quite good. I like the car except for the automatic transmission... it sometimes does not shift logically and lacks power from a stop; after it gets going it seems to have adequate power. The stereo is quite good and the cabin is very quiet, although i notice others are complaining of noises that develop with more use. Mileage is not as good as hoped for but I do live up in the hills. I'm satisfied except for the automatic transmission goofiness.

Favorite Features

quiet cabin stereo

Suggested Improvements

conventional automatic transmission would have been a better choice instead of the dual clutch automatic transmission

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now. I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car. I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall. I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced. I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission. It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission. Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

Suggested Improvements

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).

2011 Fiesta falling apart
By jackflaq

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've run into problem after problem with this car. - The front passenger door latch spring broke so that the latch mechanism had to be replaced. Ford sent out a recall for certain vehicles about this, but mine does not appear to be included. - The engine stalls out when coming to a stop or going up a hill (has died in stop & go traffic on the highway). - The clutch misbehaves and causes the car to engine to shudder/sputter. - The turn signal lever broke so that it does not reset after making a turn. - The steering wheel media control buttons fell off after minimal use - Sync has random issues with reading ipod media. The build quality is just poor.

Favorite Features

The Sync system is great when it works. Bluetooth makes

Suggested Improvements

- There's only one door lock control in the whole car, and it's a flimsy button. - Build quality is just poor. All sorts of parts large and small have broken and the car is only 4 years old.