7500 Miles in my Fiesta Hatchback w/automatic
By haulsalot on
2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased the Fiesta Hatchback new in November as an around town and commuting car. My drive is 38 miles each way with a mix of two lane road, suburban traffic, and I-95. On any given day, the 18 miles on 1-95 can be wide open or grinding traffic. After 4 months, I couldn't be happier with the Fiesta. It is fun to drive, quiet, full of cool features, very comfortable. So far I have had no issues of any sort with the car and pretty much everything about it is better than expected. The Sync system with Sirius is terrific, working flawlessly over Bluetooth with my Blackberry. I have owned quite a few new cars and the Fiesta compares favorably with my Honda Fit and Toyota/Pont Vibe.
Favorite Features
Sirius Sat. radio, Sync system, overall fit and finish and the mood lighting are great. I know the mood lighting sounds stupid, but it's actually very cool and I especially like how it lights the cup holders. With my long commute, I leave early every day, and the ability to see inside the car without an overhead light is really nice. Picking my "color of the day" is mild diversion at the start of the drive. I also need to stress the gas mileage. I carefully record everything. After 7500 miles I am averaging 39.8 mpg. That includes mostly commuting plus several longer mountainous trips. I generally go about 430 - 450 between fill ups and put in about 11.1 or 11.2 gallons. Amazing!!
Suggested Improvements
I do wish the front seat was just a tad wider (like maybe 1/2") My 2008 Honda Fit Sport has a slightly wider seat and it fits (no pun intended) my overly wide butt a bit better. I put this more in the category of my problem than a design issue with the car though. And, overall I much prefer the Fiesta to the Fit. My 20 year old daughter who drives the Fit to college also likes the Fiesta better overall. The Fit does, however, have considerably more interior volume. Also, the 6 speed dual clutch automatic is sometimes a bit grabby between 2nd and 3rd gears in stop and go traffic. On the other hand, I think the 6 speed contributes signifcantly to the great gas milage.