Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Fun car!
By alliemn

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 5-door automatic SES with the yellow paint, and I love it! It's zippy and fun to drive. I get lots of compliments on my car. It's been winter in MN for the whole time I've owned my Fiesta so far, and the car heats up quickly and starts just fine in the cold, though it helps to let it run for couple minutes before driving. I haven't had any trouble driving in the snow.

The yellow exterior (and all the other fun color options), cute & sporty styling, gas mileage, SYNC for phone calls, good heating. Smooth, quiet ride; makes my long commute more tolerable. I got the keypad on the door so I can leave my keys in the car when out for a run. I had the dealer put heating in just the driver's seat, which was a nice option and cheaper than buying the whole winter package (though the seat heat only works on "high" and gets a bit too hot; when I complained the dealer explained that the "low" is working; it just doesn't heat up enough to actually feel-- lame!).

- I really wish there were a center console. - The storage in the back would be better if the seats folded down flush and flat like in the Honda Fit. - If there were just another inch or two of length, I'd be able to fit my (fairly small) road bike in the back without having to take both wheels off. - It's strange that the door lock button is on the center control panel by the radio, rather than on the doors. - When you have the blower just set to "floor", it still comes out the top/defrost; sometimes my feet are still cold but I'm too hot on top.

Fiesta Wins Hands Down
By snowcrash7

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 3 cars last week. A Mazda 2, which had the dash pressed up against my left knee and smelled of burnt oil after doing 70 on the highway. The Honda Fit Sport, which really surprised me on the highway. I had it at 70 and the engine was over reving, like it wanted to be shifted into a higher gear. I was looking for an over drive button but the dealer who was also in the car said it didnt have one. That was a shocker.

The Fiesta was the best drive. Car did not strain at highway speeds at all, high quality interior, nice tight shifter, very good lateral and lumbar support from the seats. Very nice ride. They are selling well and its obvious why. This ones a winner.

Go with the Honda Fit
By tangog

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am looking for a commuting car that can eventually be a hand-me-down. I just test drove both the fiesta and the honda fit with my 13 year old son - manual trans for both as I think it is needed on these small cars. After looking at the write-ups that made the fiesta sound great, I thought I would put it to the test. my son and I both thought the fit sport won hands down based on driving impressions and comfort. the fiesta needed to be jump started and smelled afterwards like clutch and brake - could be new car break in, definitely not me because I drive awesome - ha. At 5,000 rpm, it felt like it was going to blow. For die hard ford fans consider the focus - rebates are attractive.

good but poor auto transmission
By pelach

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The build quality seems to be quite good. I like the car except for the automatic transmission... it sometimes does not shift logically and lacks power from a stop; after it gets going it seems to have adequate power. The stereo is quite good and the cabin is very quiet, although i notice others are complaining of noises that develop with more use. Mileage is not as good as hoped for but I do live up in the hills. I'm satisfied except for the automatic transmission goofiness.

quiet cabin stereo

conventional automatic transmission would have been a better choice instead of the dual clutch automatic transmission

Love the design - not the transmission or starter!
By fiestyone

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have an automatic & got it in Oct. after a month long wait! Up until winter hit in Minnesota I loved it. Very stylish, comfortable & quiet. I did a comparison with a Honda Fit before deciding on the Fiesta. The Fit just didn't have the get up & go that Fiesta did. Anyway cold weather hit & my Fiesta does not start well. I sometimes hear a grinding noise when starting. Twice now my car won't go into reverse or drive - very frustrating not being able to rely on your car when you need it - especially one with only 4,000 miles on it! What gives??? Also, doesn't feel the safest with roads that are part ice & part dry - wheels tend to throw the car around a lot.

Looks, many upgraded standard features, great stereo. Super gas mileage! Very fun to drive!

A car that goes into reverse and drive when you need it to. Arm rest should be standard - not an option. Somehow try to create a bit more leg room in the back seat with larger back window to avoid blind spots.