Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Still lookin' good
By baron_bodissey

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 16 months and 15,000 miles, I'm still happy with my 2011 Fiesta SE with 6 speed auto tran. This was after an 18-year love affair with 1992 Mustang LX 5.0, so you can imagine the culture shock of a 1.6L, 120hp engine. In almost a year and a half I have had exactly one problem with the Fiesta -- a rear window weatherstripping came loose. The Fiesta is a slug off the line -- 35mpg in town makes up for that -- but once revs build it becomes downright zippy, it holds Interstate speeds just fine, and really likes corners. The auto transmission is quirky but most of the time is fairly smooth. The interior and exterior are in good shape so far. Oh, the clock is 2 minutes slow -- always.

Favorite Features

The 35mpg is the best feature, of course, and that's mostly in town. Seating is at least as comfortable as the Mustang and probably better for rear-seat passengers. The handling and steering feel are very sporty and it can be an exhilarating ride on twisty roads. The sedan has a fair-sized trunk (it easily holds our largest suitcase); the fastback is better looking but has very limited cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of much to improve on the Fiesta beyond what most reviewers have mentioned -- a few more horses and a smoother automatic transmission. Beyond that it is darned near perfect as a subcompact economy car. If you are in the market for a subcompact, you owe it to yourself to check out the Fiesta.

Ford Fiesta Transmission Problems
By j2cub

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well my Ford Fiesta had less than 1800 miles on it when the transmission started chattering while holding a steady traffic speed of 30 MPH after it warmed up. Now it does it bad between 30 and 55 MPH, still after it is warmed up. Itís fine when itís cold. Also twice after putting 2900 miles on the car, the transmission would not release when trying to stop at a stop light. It drove me through a red light, TWICE. It was as if I was driving a manual transmission car and forgot to put the clutch in. Scared me to death, but Iím forced to keep driving it. Took it to Kline Motors, a Ford dealership in Winfield KS. They said they worked on it for 2 hours and charged over $172 and did nothing.

Favorite Features

Gas milage

Suggested Improvements

Make an automatic transmission that really works and will last.

Probably not best
By cars77

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is probably not the best for your money. I have the SFE with auto trans and the trans is very jerky and makes strange noises and movements like it doesnt know what gear to be in from 0-30 mph. The car has 9000 miles and ford said to change oil every 10000 so that is what i was going to do. Around 5000, checked the oild and it was low so i added some. Around 8800 checked again and was again low so i added some. So i called the dealership and they said the would get it in 2 weeks. Took it to the dealership and said there was nothing wrong. That is just the oil problem. Also took it to the delership for a backfire that happened as i was merging. Ford says nothing wrong to that too.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage Sync Phone

Suggested Improvements

Better Transmission Acceleration Seats Engine?

Over 15,000 miles so far
By chomuth

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well Ford this is a great little car. Gas mileage is great, gets going in traffic quite well, Stops well also.

Favorite Features

The automatic trans really gives this vehicle great mileage. 36.5 miles per gallon average unless in summer with air on then it goes down to 32 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

I like the vehicle the way it is

Ford or Hyundai the MPG is about the same
By roadwarriorlt

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have an S 4 door with an automatic and drive 78 miles one way to work plus 100 miles of city making calls each day, so I got the car to cut my daily gas cost. At the same time I was looking at a Hyundai Elantra which another sales person picked up for basically the same price as we both purchased pre-owned with 5k to 7k miles on the cars. I bring this up because Ford says 37 mpg for the automatic on the car and Hyundai says 40 mpg. Well after more than 1,100 miles and 3 tanks of gas. I'm at 36.46 mpg and the Hyundai is at 37.10 mpg so the MPG are pretty close to the same.

Suggested Improvements

The biggest difference in the Hyundai and the Ford is comfort. The Hyundai comes with power windows and an armrest for the driver standard in the base model, not the Ford. As a 6 ft 240lb guy with some old back issues it takes me 20 minutes to get the blood flow back in my lt leg and hip when I crawl out of my Ford. I can not rest my are or adjust my position without the rest so I find myseld pushing up off the hand brake. Not a comfortable ride compared to the Hyundai, both are 3 in to low in my opinion to the ground and both seats are not comfortable, but being able to adjust your postion with an elbow and not taking your hands off the wheel is a important. Buy a butt cushion to dive