Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Well...it's a $16k car
By mrj88

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Fiesta for a year now and have enjoyed it overall. Love the styling and lime squeeze paint. Consistent 35mpg is great, and most importantly it's never left me stranded. Nice little car. Here's the *but*. While the car seems solid mechanically, there have been a bunch of little issues that remind me that I'm definitely not driving an $21k Jetta/Civic/Impreza/etc. Already had to have some loose items under the hood tightened down, weather stripping replaced, quirky door locks, and random squeaks/creaks that come and go. Nothing over the top, but enough to make me wonder if I should have paid a little extra to get something a little more "tight". Only time will tell.

Styling/color. Gas mileage. SYNC (although the capabilities of Siri on the new iPhone could pretty much fully replace it). Safety features (actually lowered my insurance). Heated seats. Hill start assist. Rear wiper.

Smoother automatic transimission at lower speeds. Put in an armrest! The aftermarket ones are okay, but not nearly as good as something factory designed/installed. Upgrade the SYNC display to an actual screen and incorporate GPS. The turn-by-turn directions suck to be honest. Put volume control on steering wheel. Take few inches from the trunk and give the backseat more leg room. Make all the doors lock/unlock with a single button press on the remote. More tint at the top of the windshield.

Ford Fiesta SES (2011)
By maristy

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I agree and fully enforce edmonds review of this vehicle. I decided to write this review because my previous car was a 2008 Ford Edge SEL and I NEVER thought I would move to a sub compact. I am 6'0 ft tall. The very first time I sat in it I was completely comfortable. I am a stickler for arm and leg room. I don't like feeling squished at all. This car has a big car feel, more fuel value and a lower mo. payment! I did not want to compromise my safety or comfort. My black (w. sparkles) Fiesta came with preferred options like heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting and folding rear seats that extend the trunk space considerably. Needless to say it fits a lot more than I expected. Great car!

Maneuverability Fuel economy 28 city mpg (Los Angeles, CA) Additional blind spot rearview mirror. Headroom + Legroom comfortable for tall people. Rear seats have removable headrests. Rear seats go down to extend trunk space. Hatchback fits more than they eye can see. Hatchback has a hard, detachable privacy cover. Features: heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting, sync, Sirius satellite radio free for 6 mos, and free services and directions downloaded to car computer.

Fix whatever the delay is in the transmission. I have experienced a delay when punching the gas to make a quick move. Air guard needed (similar to the one the Ford Edge has) to reduce moon roof wind noise.

Still lookin' good
By baron_bodissey

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 16 months and 15,000 miles, I'm still happy with my 2011 Fiesta SE with 6 speed auto tran. This was after an 18-year love affair with 1992 Mustang LX 5.0, so you can imagine the culture shock of a 1.6L, 120hp engine. In almost a year and a half I have had exactly one problem with the Fiesta -- a rear window weatherstripping came loose. The Fiesta is a slug off the line -- 35mpg in town makes up for that -- but once revs build it becomes downright zippy, it holds Interstate speeds just fine, and really likes corners. The auto transmission is quirky but most of the time is fairly smooth. The interior and exterior are in good shape so far. Oh, the clock is 2 minutes slow -- always.

The 35mpg is the best feature, of course, and that's mostly in town. Seating is at least as comfortable as the Mustang and probably better for rear-seat passengers. The handling and steering feel are very sporty and it can be an exhilarating ride on twisty roads. The sedan has a fair-sized trunk (it easily holds our largest suitcase); the fastback is better looking but has very limited cargo space.

I can't think of much to improve on the Fiesta beyond what most reviewers have mentioned -- a few more horses and a smoother automatic transmission. Beyond that it is darned near perfect as a subcompact economy car. If you are in the market for a subcompact, you owe it to yourself to check out the Fiesta.

Ford Fiesta Transmission Problems
By j2cub

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well my Ford Fiesta had less than 1800 miles on it when the transmission started chattering while holding a steady traffic speed of 30 MPH after it warmed up. Now it does it bad between 30 and 55 MPH, still after it is warmed up. Itís fine when itís cold. Also twice after putting 2900 miles on the car, the transmission would not release when trying to stop at a stop light. It drove me through a red light, TWICE. It was as if I was driving a manual transmission car and forgot to put the clutch in. Scared me to death, but Iím forced to keep driving it. Took it to Kline Motors, a Ford dealership in Winfield KS. They said they worked on it for 2 hours and charged over $172 and did nothing.

Gas milage

Make an automatic transmission that really works and will last.

Probably not best
By cars77

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is probably not the best for your money. I have the SFE with auto trans and the trans is very jerky and makes strange noises and movements like it doesnt know what gear to be in from 0-30 mph. The car has 9000 miles and ford said to change oil every 10000 so that is what i was going to do. Around 5000, checked the oild and it was low so i added some. Around 8800 checked again and was again low so i added some. So i called the dealership and they said the would get it in 2 weeks. Took it to the dealership and said there was nothing wrong. That is just the oil problem. Also took it to the delership for a backfire that happened as i was merging. Ford says nothing wrong to that too.

Gas mileage Sync Phone

Better Transmission Acceleration Seats Engine?