2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
good but poor auto transmission
By pelach on 12/13/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The build quality seems to be quite good. I like the car except for the automatic transmission... it sometimes does not shift logically and lacks power from a stop; after it gets going it seems to have adequate power. The stereo is quite good and the cabin is very quiet, although i notice others are complaining of noises that develop with more use. Mileage is not as good as hoped for but I do live up in the hills. I'm satisfied except for the automatic transmission goofiness.

Love the design - not the transmission or starter!
By fiestyone on 12/13/10 06:56 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have an automatic & got it in Oct. after a month long wait! Up until winter hit in Minnesota I loved it. Very stylish, comfortable & quiet. I did a comparison with a Honda Fit before deciding on the Fiesta. The Fit just didn't have the get up & go that Fiesta did. Anyway cold weather hit & my Fiesta does not start well. I sometimes hear a grinding noise when starting. Twice now my car won't go into reverse or drive - very frustrating not being able to rely on your car when you need it - especially one with only 4,000 miles on it! What gives??? Also, doesn't feel the safest with roads that are part ice & part dry - wheels tend to throw the car around a lot.

Cute Car, Needs some things addressed.
By warrenpowell on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car and have decided to put off my purchase till they get some things fixed, see below and I drove the automatic (dual clutch). The car handles well and is very quiet. 1. Please use some heavier moldings where the windshield meets the hood, those on each should be molded plastic instead of soft rubber. 2. Eliminate the crazy/strange striping (piping) on the cloth seat options. 3. Cruise and a nicer (more wattage please) radio should come standard on the SE. 4. Please fix the random jerking of the dual clutch trans and the sometimes unwillingness of the car to downshift. Also 3200-3300 RPM at 70 mph is a bit high. (the trans needs a better warranty)/Needs armrest.

Not quite there yet
By Forestpark on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car Drives and handles well, it's very quiet and smooth. The dual clutch automatic helps with mileage buts gets "jerky" sometimes in stop and go traffic. Acceleration is not awful but it sometimes lags, a few more horses would be welcome. Also rpm are way too high on the highway. this car MUST rev a lot to accelerate. it loves 5000 rpm under moderate acceleration.

Don't get a Fiesta
By rm on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is in the shop right now after putting in only 100 miles.I have an engine light on and a traction control. The technician told me that they have to change the whole engine. They have to order the engine first and it would take probably two weeks to fix it. I bought the car because I read a lot of good reviews from this car. I'm very disappointed!!

Cool little car
By Frisco on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just hit a little over 3000 miles on my fiesta and so far so good. I love the handling and fuel efficiency. My friend who owns a three series BMW was in my car and we had many of the same features (he didn’t have sync or ambient lighting). One problem has been that the usb and auxiliary jack are too close together. Also I would of liked more horsepower. Overall this is a great little car. Great Job Ford

50/50 Bar
By JDAWG on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was chosen by my daughter as it was "new" and had great ads etc. It "looked great" I guess like a pair of shoes. I drove it and gently attempted to talk her out of it after I noticed the window sticker. No the mileage is pretty good if not great but its made in Mexico? I nearly had a myocardial infarction on the spot. I don't want a car made in Mexico, sorry folks it's not that I don't like Mexico but honestly I just don't see this as a place that has a history of building great cars that last forever. Last I remember VW built their last beetles there? Anyway, yeah it squeaks, rattles and it's getting worse not better, who takes it in. Yep it's me. But could be worse?

Solid but not stellar
By David on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

3,000 miles into my ownership experience, I have found my Fiesta to be OK. Exterior styling is fine-most heard comment is "cute" On the interior, love the front seats but the back seat leg room is inadequate. No center armrest and somewhat spartan with the SE trim level (no cruise control for instance) Ride is comfortable but already hearing some squeaks from interior trim at higher speeds. Acceleration is what you would expect from a car in this class. Gas Mileage has been 35 mpg with a 60/40 highway/city split. Nice little commuter car but not totally in love.

Great value
By Venezuelan on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fiesta in July (I ordered to my specs), so far I've driven aprox. 2500 miles. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchase, I used to drive an 07 Camry with a 2.4 engine. The Fiesta engine is not as powerful but it will not disappoint you, it will get to highway speeds fast, I feel the car begins to feel a little bit heavy going over 70 mph, at that point you will running at about 3000 rpm. I'm getting 34 mpg 50% city 50% Hwy, the Fiesta is quiet on the streets, suspension is good I barely use the SYNC (only to send the vehicle health reports to Ford), for the price this will a good purchase, it will save you money on commute and long trips.

Fun Fiesta
By Fiestaman on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been an import fan due to higher quality, better design, and increased dependability. This Ford won me over. I really like this car a lot. It feels more like Hondas felt in the eighties than Hondas do now. It is great fun to drive. The few drawbacks thus far: not much rear-seat room, the PowerShift auto transmission hunts for gears and makes strange shifts sometimes, and the fuel economy is not as good as it should be for a car this size with this amount of power. I am hoping Ford will be able to use direct injection in the future to up the power and economy. I have been converted to a Ford fan-something I never thought I would say.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta in VA is:

$138 per month*