2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews 7

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Fun to drive
By wolfrat on 01/08/11 12:10 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased the Automatic S sedan after I lost my 2003 Saturn Ion 2. I got it for a great deal but felt the price could have been a little lower for a base model. Drives very smooth but could use a little more horsepower. Sound system is alright for a base car, but wish they could at least include rear speakers, and rear mats. Trunk is huge and love the design of the interior. Amazing on gas and love the blind spot mirrors. I was amazed to learn that Fiesta's have been produced since 1979, which made me feel comfortable in my choice for a reliable car. Overall, this is a great car for a commuting college student like myself.

Go with the Honda Fit
By tangog on 12/22/10 15:38 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am looking for a commuting car that can eventually be a hand-me-down. I just test drove both the fiesta and the honda fit with my 13 year old son - manual trans for both as I think it is needed on these small cars. After looking at the write-ups that made the fiesta sound great, I thought I would put it to the test. my son and I both thought the fit sport won hands down based on driving impressions and comfort. the fiesta needed to be jump started and smelled afterwards like clutch and brake - could be new car break in, definitely not me because I drive awesome - ha. At 5,000 rpm, it felt like it was going to blow. For die hard ford fans consider the focus - rebates are attractive.

Nice but not quite there yet. (dual clutch auto) sedan
By Anonymous on 12/15/10 12:11 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very quiet,even on the highway. The engine could use more power/pep. The car inside and out is very stylish. The fit and finish could use some fine tuning. Also, visor extenders when using visors on the side would be a nice touch. Better/nicer quality weather stripping all over esp on the doors wold be nice...Also a heaver black molding instead of soft rubber where the hood meets the windshield would be nice, these items feel like they will not hold up well with the items used.

good but poor auto transmission
By pelach on 12/13/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The build quality seems to be quite good. I like the car except for the automatic transmission... it sometimes does not shift logically and lacks power from a stop; after it gets going it seems to have adequate power. The stereo is quite good and the cabin is very quiet, although i notice others are complaining of noises that develop with more use. Mileage is not as good as hoped for but I do live up in the hills. I'm satisfied except for the automatic transmission goofiness.

Love the design - not the transmission or starter!
By fiestyone on 12/13/10 06:56 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have an automatic & got it in Oct. after a month long wait! Up until winter hit in Minnesota I loved it. Very stylish, comfortable & quiet. I did a comparison with a Honda Fit before deciding on the Fiesta. The Fit just didn't have the get up & go that Fiesta did. Anyway cold weather hit & my Fiesta does not start well. I sometimes hear a grinding noise when starting. Twice now my car won't go into reverse or drive - very frustrating not being able to rely on your car when you need it - especially one with only 4,000 miles on it! What gives??? Also, doesn't feel the safest with roads that are part ice & part dry - wheels tend to throw the car around a lot.

Not quite there yet
By Forestpark on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car Drives and handles well, it's very quiet and smooth. The dual clutch automatic helps with mileage buts gets "jerky" sometimes in stop and go traffic. Acceleration is not awful but it sometimes lags, a few more horses would be welcome. Also rpm are way too high on the highway. this car MUST rev a lot to accelerate. it loves 5000 rpm under moderate acceleration.

Cute Car, Needs some things addressed.
By warrenpowell on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove this car and have decided to put off my purchase till they get some things fixed, see below and I drove the automatic (dual clutch). The car handles well and is very quiet. 1. Please use some heavier moldings where the windshield meets the hood, those on each should be molded plastic instead of soft rubber. 2. Eliminate the crazy/strange striping (piping) on the cloth seat options. 3. Cruise and a nicer (more wattage please) radio should come standard on the SE. 4. Please fix the random jerking of the dual clutch trans and the sometimes unwillingness of the car to downshift. Also 3200-3300 RPM at 70 mph is a bit high. (the trans needs a better warranty)/Needs armrest.

Don't get a Fiesta
By rm on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is in the shop right now after putting in only 100 miles.I have an engine light on and a traction control. The technician told me that they have to change the whole engine. They have to order the engine first and it would take probably two weeks to fix it. I bought the car because I read a lot of good reviews from this car. I'm very disappointed!!

Cool little car
By Frisco on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just hit a little over 3000 miles on my fiesta and so far so good. I love the handling and fuel efficiency. My friend who owns a three series BMW was in my car and we had many of the same features (he didnít have sync or ambient lighting). One problem has been that the usb and auxiliary jack are too close together. Also I would of liked more horsepower. Overall this is a great little car. Great Job Ford

50/50 Bar
By JDAWG on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car was chosen by my daughter as it was "new" and had great ads etc. It "looked great" I guess like a pair of shoes. I drove it and gently attempted to talk her out of it after I noticed the window sticker. No the mileage is pretty good if not great but its made in Mexico? I nearly had a myocardial infarction on the spot. I don't want a car made in Mexico, sorry folks it's not that I don't like Mexico but honestly I just don't see this as a place that has a history of building great cars that last forever. Last I remember VW built their last beetles there? Anyway, yeah it squeaks, rattles and it's getting worse not better, who takes it in. Yep it's me. But could be worse?