Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Best American-Made SubCompact
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have always owned Japanese and European compact and subcompact cars.
This time out, we were very impressed with the quality of the Fiesta, compared to the Hondas we considered, and bought the Ford.
The Fiesta has qualities more often found in European B cars, where a quiet, comfortable ride is achieved, along with an impressive driving experience and fuel efficiency.

This car is road worthy and fun to drive, which you would expect from this class of automobile. But the most outstanding characteristic of this car, given its size, is it's exceptionally quiet, smooth ride that is a real pleasure on long road trips.

Adults need a bit more legroom in the rear. There is limited storage capacity in the cabin and the hatch area. The entertainment system is very sophisticated and capable, but basic functions, like presetting radio stations, should be easier.

No Complaints after 6500 miles
By derickd81

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Contemplated many cars before going with the Fiesta. Honda's Fit was a close second, but the Fiesta was much quieter at highway speed and gets better mileage. Took the Fiesta on a roadtrip from VA to ME last week, 2500 miles total mixed driving and got 39.3 mpg overall, A/C was almost always on too! Great mileage on backroads were I have gotten close to 50mpg! Front seats are comfortable even on 16hr trips! Back seats are fine for an hour or two, I'm 6'1" and don't mind. The auto trans is weird at slow speeds, but it is really a manual trans and shifts better than most people can shift a manual at low speeds, so with that perspective in mind it is fine, can't expect a slushbox-like shift!

Great headroom. Great mileage. Quiet Cabin. Comfortable seats even after 16 hours. Interior surfaces are nice. Very fun to drive. iPod compatibility. 10,000 mile service intervals (though I switched to synthetic oil at 2,000 miles, it's a better option IMO) I think it looks great inside and out. Very solid build, the doors have a satisfying sound when you close them. Ergonomics are decent. Not to mention the price! Bought a SE auto hatchback for $16,300! That's $2k less than a Fit! So, it you can't tell, overall I'm quite pleased, but there is room for improvement of course.

I trust that future versions of the automatic transmission will have better programming logic at both low and high speeds. I use the cruise + and - buttons on the steering wheel a lot, when speeding up it will downshift when it doesn't really need too, and I think that hurts fuel economy. I wish the back seats would fold down better, I know there isn't a lot of room to change that, but they don't fold flat, and getting the headrests off is a pain. For the first 2,000 miles I would have said it needs an armrest, but to be honest, know I don't miss it at all. SYNC is too convoluted for this Mac user, also syncing Bluetooth with my phone is hit or miss.

A sharp lookin' ride with MPGs to match!
By mechanic80

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Granted, it's only been the first thousand miles, but the fuel economy is fantastic.
I drive almost exclusively highway and have been averaging over 45 MPG.
The manual transmission is relatively smooth and I'm sure if I had gotten an automatic the power would be disappointing.
The A/C adds a considerable burden to the no-where-near overpowered engine.
I have to say that even in white, it's a sharp looking car (hatchback with graphics and tinted windows.)
There are real issues, though, specifically the comfort and safety of the front seats.
I hope I never get smacked hard in the rear (of the car!) because the way the headrests hit at the top of the head, I'd probably snap my neck.

Economy, looks, great A/C, SE package information readout, power accessories,nice stereo and economy. Did I mention economy?

Front seats need work. You can't really recline them to say, nap, during lunch; the hinge point is way too high for anything resembling comfort, but driving comfort is fine. The big issue that I didn't realize for several days after purchase is the headrest. Had I noticed this shortcoming, I likely would not have bought it. I'm not short (5'6",) but the headrest touches my head inches above the top of my ears, and the severe forward angle of the headrest allows a huge gap behind the neck. I was always told that the point of contact should be at or slightly below the top of the ears. As it is, a severe rear impact would force my chin into my chest likely causing severe injury.

Overall I love it!
By mmason5

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about a month now and I am fairly satisfied.
Im a single guy with no kids so I could really care less about the leg room for the back seat.
Besides for a single guys sometimes its even better to collapse the seats down for a bit more cargo space.
I love the exterior design and the interior of the SE model is very sleek for a compact car in its price range.
You will LOVE the built in bluetooth/SYNC system.
The only dissapointments
I have is the jerky clutch/automatic transmission that does struggle at time when going from stop to 30 mph,
after that it drives very smooth and it has excellent suspension for a vehicle its size.
I have yet to reach 30 mpgs yet :(

vehicle design, suspension, built-in bluetooth

automatic transmission upgrade.

Pretty good car
By chrisherron64

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in February. Its lives up to its billing as far as milage. Pretty comfortable, nice to drive. Be prepared to bring some money to get all of the cars features. Good credit terms from Ford.

Like the look of the car. Comfortable front seat. decent room with back seat down. Handles well. Likes country roads. Good gauges and Insync features.

Do not buy this car with automatic if you slide stop signs. Does well at highway speed, but due to transmission design, has trouble in parking lots. Could use more head room in back seat. Can't understand why a car with this many options doesn't have automatic headlights.