Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Impressed
By shaffzane on 05/03/11 17:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only in with 200 miles but I'm impressed with the car so far. Averaging about 34 mpg in town. Dual clutch 6 speed is not a slush-box nor a manual so it takes some getting used to. Nice ride and handling.

Great little car, excellent value...
By bobby812 on 04/12/11 10:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL loaded with every possible option. Had mostly driven German cars prior but in 2009 purchased the Ford Fusion. Loved the car but the gas mileage was poor and was looking to down size to get better MPG and cut payments. Looked at all the cars on the market for 2 months. I ended up with the 2011 Ford Fiesta. I have had it for a few weeks and the car is great. Fun to drive, gets about 36 MPG in heavy metropolitian traffic, better on hwy. SYNC system is much improved since 2009 and I love the real time traffic, bluetooth, and turn by turn navigation. Could not be happier as I trippled my MPG, cut payment in half. Safety features are awesome. Way to go FORD!

Transmission Replaced at 300 miles
By jartiv on 04/07/11 20:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: unless we measure performance with how loud of a scrapping noise the transmission makes, than I give the Fiesta a 1. Comfort: 5'3" Driver, I am not comfortable without an armrest. 5'11" side passenger has seat all the way back. 5'0'' driver can't fit behind 5'11". Value: paid 15k for an SE Sedan with Super Fuel Economy (code for cruise control) and Sync (bluetooth connectivity) and a transmission that made scrapping noise. 1. Interior/Exterior Design: trendy. 4. Build Quality: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1. Reliability: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1.

2011 Yellow Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES Automatic
By ceg1001 on 04/02/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 08 Ford Mustang, to save some money on car payments and Gas. I have not been dissapointed. This car has the best MPG I have seen in any car. I do 40 mpg in the highway and 33 mgp in the city, versus 19 mpg with the Mustang. The car came with SYNC, Ambience Lighting, Sirius radio, and Cruise Control. The car handles rather well on the highway, you get the feeling that you are driving a midsize sedan. As far as interior space, I can fit two car seats in the back and drive comfortably in the front. The trunk space is decent. I would recommend that the add an armrest on the driver's side. I was aprehensive with giving up my Mustang, but I am now certain that I did the right choice

7500 Miles in my Fiesta Hatchback w/automatic
By haulsalot on 03/27/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Fiesta Hatchback new in November as an around town and commuting car. My drive is 38 miles each way with a mix of two lane road, suburban traffic, and I-95. On any given day, the 18 miles on 1-95 can be wide open or grinding traffic. After 4 months, I couldn't be happier with the Fiesta. It is fun to drive, quiet, full of cool features, very comfortable. So far I have had no issues of any sort with the car and pretty much everything about it is better than expected. The Sync system with Sirius is terrific, working flawlessly over Bluetooth with my Blackberry. I have owned quite a few new cars and the Fiesta compares favorably with my Honda Fit and Toyota/Pont Vibe.

2011 Fiesta SE manual
By broomball531 on 03/22/11 11:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think it's the best looking vehicle on the market. I'm getting around 40 mpg. The Sync app takes some getting used to, but it's cool being able to make phone calls hands free, you simply press one button, it plays your smart phone MP3's the same way. It has a really tight, solid feel. You can barely feel any bumps or pot holes in the road. Driving is fun, the engine is responsive and quick. The radio controls are kind of hard to reach in the middle console. Not much leg room in back seats. Best car I have ever owned.

Major Mistake for buyers
By kpdvice on 03/07/11 23:16 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a loaded sedan for my wife 3 weeks ago. After doing research and deciding we liked the mileage it got. We averaged about 38 mpg with the car in city / highway combined. Seats were comfortable except everytime we drove it neither of us could walk after about an hour behind the wheel. SNYC system was horrible and complicated to operate. Vehicle has no tow hooks so when it gets stuck in 3 inches of snow you can't yank it out. no way to shut off the traction control system off so when it's stuck in the afore mentioned 3 inches of snow you can't rock it out either. the automatic transmition jerks in and out while driving. This car was so bad we traded it in within a month!!!!

Fun car!
By alliemn on 02/26/11 12:39 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 5-door automatic SES with the yellow paint, and I love it! It's zippy and fun to drive. I get lots of compliments on my car. It's been winter in MN for the whole time I've owned my Fiesta so far, and the car heats up quickly and starts just fine in the cold, though it helps to let it run for couple minutes before driving. I haven't had any trouble driving in the snow.

2011 fiesta
By oldgeezer5 on 01/31/11 15:14 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this se sedan in sept 2010 with auto trans. Have 6500 miles on it now and have never seen under 40mpg on the interstate at 70 to 75mph. City driving never under 30mpg. Very comforable seats front and back although a little short of legroom in back. My wife and I have lower back troubles we had very little compaints after 8 hour drives. Did have a check engine light come on in Florida and scanner found defective solinoid or sensor in evaporative control and emissions system. Ford garage said ok to drive and had part replaced in Ky after 4 day wait. Should mention that the trip to Fl included myself wife and brother in law and thus car was loaded down for a two week stay.

Fiesta Wins Hands Down
By snowcrash7 on 01/17/11 08:06 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 3 cars last week. A Mazda 2, which had the dash pressed up against my left knee and smelled of burnt oil after doing 70 on the highway. The Honda Fit Sport, which really surprised me on the highway. I had it at 70 and the engine was over reving, like it wanted to be shifted into a higher gear. I was looking for an over drive button but the dealer who was also in the car said it didnt have one. That was a shocker.