Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Horrible Car
By fiestaflop

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Why are there no reviews of this vehicle since July 2011?? Why does nearly every post mention significant problems with the vehicles transmission, including complete replacement in less than 5,000 miles yet all the reviews give the car 3 stars?? Overal rating 4 stars?? I bought this car for my 18 year old daughter. Ford has already replaced the transmission once for the same issues being reported by many other owners. Now they are trying to say the grinding noizses and extremely rough shifting is "normal". Do not buy this car.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Start over

Fun Car!
By fiestafanatic

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my very first car and I am in love! I have the oxford white SEL trim. The only thing that I have an issue with is the Sync. Apparently, there is a factory defect in the software that causes the entire auxillary unit to go out. My radio still works good though. Other than that it has been a dream. Excellent gas mileage!! Almost 40mpg!!! Moonroof, all of my friends fit in just fine! Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Moonroof Easy Controls in the cabin Gas mileage Smooth ride Ambient Color Change Lighting

Suggested Improvements

SYNC

Transmission is dangerous
By Erin Grey

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission just slipped out of the blue while I was on the highway! We had had some problems before - weird things like the battery died when it was just a couple years old (we didn't leave a light on or anything, it just died). Then the car would sometimes stall when coming to a stop. But nobody could tell us what was wrong, and they all thought I was crazy. This latest highway fiasco is the end for me though. So dangerous! Plus now the clutch is shot. Neither the dealership nor Ford will cover the clutch. This is crazy! This car is dangerous.

DO NOT BUY!
By mws5535

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I might as well copy and paste the many comments I on here as mine as the same. We've had the car for a year and all of the same issues are happening - 'transmission' or 'clutch system' replaced, shifting issues, been in the shop, going back in now because it just won't turn over - it is like owning a wind up toy. BUY FOREIGN CARS ONLY! AMERICAN VEHICLES...AND I HAVE OWNED A FEW...SUCK!!! My 2007 Hyundai has been a great car. [non-permissible content removed.]

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Just take it back. All of it.