2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Love this car...mostly!
By cafiestase on 06/29/11 01:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase the car new..."off the truck" in Apr '11. Now in late June I have 4,K on the clock. Ride is very quite for a car of this size/price. I believe the engine gives off a nice sound when pushed. On smooth roads it is sound proofed well, only slight engine noise at 2750 to 3000 RPM's, not b4 or higher. Handling in the twisties it is fun to drive and handles very well. The radio/Satellite/Phone/CD/Sync is wonderful, but, it is complicated, but then I am 73, maybe that's why... Overall, Ford has done a great job on this car. I only hope that it will prove to be as good as '03 Ford 2.3 Focus I owned.

Hate my Fiesta
By hatemyfiesta on 06/22/11 01:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Fiesta hatchback for 2 months now. The Sync system is a joke. The only part of it that works 50% of the time is syncing my Ipod. None of the voice commands listed in the owners manual work except the initial sync. The transmission jerks while shifting if I'm driving below 30 miles per hour. I have 2,000 miles on my car and I have to take it into the dealer to have the software on 3 of the cars computers updated. I can only imagine what awaits me down the road regarding the computers. Gas milage is cut by 8 mpg unless I go through a long process to disengage the traction control every time I start the car.

Everything we expected
By carvil on 06/11/11 15:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife an I purchased a white hatchback (we tinted the windows) about 20,000 miles ago. Taken a trip from Detroit to NC and one to Fla. In the city we are getting 32.5 mpg. On the highway with just my wife and I (no luggage) we get 45.0 mpg. The car is quiet with little noise from without. could us a little more room for my right leg while driving. Other than that, we have had no dissapointments with this car. Glad we bought the standard shift..lots of fun.

Excellent little car- 6 speed automatic SE.
By s_carlock on 05/29/11 08:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I have had our Fiesta for about 9 months now and have put around 10.5k miles on it in the time, including a trip from Austin, TX. to Charleston, SC and back, totaling 2400 miles of travel (probably a bit more since we took detours) and the car has been reliable every step of the way. For the price, the Fiesta is an excellent vehicle. The construction seems solid (love how heavy the doors are), the seats are comfortable once adjusted to personal taste -- our cross-country trip was a 24 hour drive each way, non-stop -- the storage space in the sedan is excellent. The Sync system has been a little fussy at times, but not a deal-breaker. Just takes a little time to get used to.

Perfect for any college student
By jphorner on 05/11/11 07:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 20 year old college student and will be commuting 30 minutes away for the next fall semester and needed something that would be reliable and good on gas. I happened across the Fiesta out of curiosity. I never dreamed I could afford a brand new car, the price and value are outstanding. It's attractive and drives wonderfully. The stick adds fun into the drive, and at over 100mph it rode like I was driving 40. The interior is attractive, and even though it lacks the luxury features I don't need any of that and really the only thing I notice I don't have is power windows. The speaker system is great, and necessary for the drive to school. The trunk has a lot of space too. Love this car.

LOVE this little car!
By armydoc115 on 05/11/11 07:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm in the Army on Ft Benning, Ga, and I have a roughly 90 mile commute from home to work. My daily driver has been a 2005 Jeep Wrangler with 6" lift and 33" tires. I LOVE my Jeep and won't ever part with it, nor will I ever be without a Jeep, but with 14mpg, gas was killing me. I bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatch 5 spd, and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. The European influence is evident in almost every aspect of the car. It's not fast, but it isn't terrbly slow either. It will handle 80mph on the highway like it's a much larger car, and it has plenty of passing power. Gas mileage is wonderful! My average between city/highway is usually 36-38 mpg. It handles great, and sync rocks!

Impressed
By shaffzane on 05/03/11 17:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only in with 200 miles but I'm impressed with the car so far. Averaging about 34 mpg in town. Dual clutch 6 speed is not a slush-box nor a manual so it takes some getting used to. Nice ride and handling.

Great little car, excellent value...
By bobby812 on 04/12/11 10:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL loaded with every possible option. Had mostly driven German cars prior but in 2009 purchased the Ford Fusion. Loved the car but the gas mileage was poor and was looking to down size to get better MPG and cut payments. Looked at all the cars on the market for 2 months. I ended up with the 2011 Ford Fiesta. I have had it for a few weeks and the car is great. Fun to drive, gets about 36 MPG in heavy metropolitian traffic, better on hwy. SYNC system is much improved since 2009 and I love the real time traffic, bluetooth, and turn by turn navigation. Could not be happier as I trippled my MPG, cut payment in half. Safety features are awesome. Way to go FORD!

Transmission Replaced at 300 miles
By jartiv on 04/07/11 20:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: unless we measure performance with how loud of a scrapping noise the transmission makes, than I give the Fiesta a 1. Comfort: 5'3" Driver, I am not comfortable without an armrest. 5'11" side passenger has seat all the way back. 5'0'' driver can't fit behind 5'11". Value: paid 15k for an SE Sedan with Super Fuel Economy (code for cruise control) and Sync (bluetooth connectivity) and a transmission that made scrapping noise. 1. Interior/Exterior Design: trendy. 4. Build Quality: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1. Reliability: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1.

2011 Yellow Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES Automatic
By ceg1001 on 04/02/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 08 Ford Mustang, to save some money on car payments and Gas. I have not been dissapointed. This car has the best MPG I have seen in any car. I do 40 mpg in the highway and 33 mgp in the city, versus 19 mpg with the Mustang. The car came with SYNC, Ambience Lighting, Sirius radio, and Cruise Control. The car handles rather well on the highway, you get the feeling that you are driving a midsize sedan. As far as interior space, I can fit two car seats in the back and drive comfortably in the front. The trunk space is decent. I would recommend that the add an armrest on the driver's side. I was aprehensive with giving up my Mustang, but I am now certain that I did the right choice

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta in VA is:

$138 per month*