Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Love My 2011 Fiesta SES
By jimies

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of driving in the City. I wanted a car that was easy to park and drive in tight places. This car works perfect in these situations. The heated seats, push button start and the Sync system are all nice pluses. To date I have just over 37,000 trouble free miles on this car.

Great gas mileage, easy to park and heated seats.

An ecco-boost Fiesta could be fun.

LEMON! LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORD FOR TRANSMISSION CONCERNS
By lauren_nicole

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

By far the worst investment I've ever made. I've literally lost track of how many times I've taken in this car for the transmission (It's actually in the shop right now and has been for over a month because there is such a high demand for these parts, they went on a national backorder!!) I filed a lawsuit with a lemon law attorney about a year ago. Ford offered me a settlement of $6,000 but I countered and they refused. The judge approved a mediation hearing and it's scheduled for the end of this month. Can't wait to get my money back and get rid of this thing! Anyone thinking about investing in this POS, save yourself the time, money and headache.

Worst investment ever!!! DONT BUY!!!
By sparlz17

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august 2010.. my first car i've ever bought and It's been ok for the first 20,000kms.. you have to drive it decently cuz if you drive the RPMS up to much it will give your car problems. I have to say though recently I just had the car in the shop the past 3 weeks for RPM problems.. My car would basically drive itself.. I would sit in first gear at a complete stop and my RPM would revv all the way up to 3000 rpms.. its not a safe car at all. Only thing I would say is good about this car is the gas mileage.. thats about it. 100% DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I cant wait to sell it and get a honda civic and never have to deal with this problem.

Gas, thats it.

EVERYTHING.. American vehicles are a DO NOT BUY.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Good gas mileage

Start over

Good car
By stephen_c

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Small blind-spot mirrors mounted on each side-view mirrow make for great visibility. HUGE trunk for the size of the car (Sedan)! Interior space is good. We are smaller folks but have friends over 6' who have fit comfortably in the back seat. High-enough off of the ground to be able to do light off-roading with no issues! Gas Mileage is a dream!

Sync could use a little work. Our subscription ran out with very little use due to slow response times and somewhat weak voice recognition. Auxillary jack has had issues recognizing devices from day one. It works, but can be spotty at times. Slightly larger gas tank. Even with great mileage the smaller size of the tank necessitates more frequent fill-ups than I would like. Still, it's not a gas guzzler at all!