2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Meets & surpasses expectations!
By cobra348 on 10/04/11 04:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My 2011 Fiesta Sedan has over 15,000 miles on it. I can get >40 MPG highway without the SFE package installed, mid 30s MPG mixed daily driving. This is using the Powershift 6-speed automatic, which was not a review option. Fit and finish is excellent, comfort - even on long trips - is that of a full-sized car. Styling, handling all speak high quality and care in manufacture. I liked the 2011 model so well, I have ordered a 2012! Nice job, Ford!

1 Month Ownership w/Auto
By stardude82 on 09/27/11 20:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun little car. I don't know why I like it so much in spite of its sluggish acceleration, body role and bizarre low speed transmission behavior! Despite what Ford marketing will have you believe this car is a compromise. But it's on I live with without regrets. I found the back seats in this car perfectly adequate and more useful than the big brother Focus. I'm averaging 38 mph in mixed driving.

2011 Fiesta SEL Automatic
By jeleki on 08/16/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta because I drive over 100 miles a day and needed something with good gas mileage. I drive city/highway both and about 10 miles a day is backroads and I average 38-40 mpg! This car is fantastic. I have silver color with tinted windows. I opted to have remote start feature and I love it! I have 2 boys (5 and 7) who are big for their ages and they fit in the back seat just fine. I read the reviews about the jerkiness of the automatic but I have not experienced this. I do drive sensibly and do not expect to reach 0-60 in 2 seconds. If you are the type that puts the pedal to the medal and expects to get alot of power in a short time - this car is not for you.

Best American-Made SubCompact
By davep101 on 08/11/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have always owned Japanese and European compact and subcompact cars. This time out, we were very impressed with the quality of the Fiesta, compared to the Hondas we considered, and bought the Ford. The Fiesta has qualities more often found in European B cars, where a quiet, comfortable ride is achieved, along with an impressive driving experience and fuel efficiency.

No Complaints after 6500 miles
By derickd81 on 07/28/11 06:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Contemplated many cars before going with the Fiesta. Honda's Fit was a close second, but the Fiesta was much quieter at highway speed and gets better mileage. Took the Fiesta on a roadtrip from VA to ME last week, 2500 miles total mixed driving and got 39.3 mpg overall, A/C was almost always on too! Great mileage on backroads were I have gotten close to 50mpg! Front seats are comfortable even on 16hr trips! Back seats are fine for an hour or two, I'm 6'1" and don't mind. The auto trans is weird at slow speeds, but it is really a manual trans and shifts better than most people can shift a manual at low speeds, so with that perspective in mind it is fine, can't expect a slushbox-like shift!

Engine blew up at 4300 miles
By stormy442 on 07/20/11 18:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has 4300 miles and the engine blew up. We called Ford to have it towed into the dealer for repair. 2 days later they called to say the car had been wrecked. No one knew how but since it had no anti freeze in it then, they voided the warranty forcing us to use our insurance. We had both the firefighters write statements on our behalf that at the time they arrived for the car reported as a car fire, they inspected the car completely and it had no damage at all to it other than a blown engine. Ford said they did not care and we would have to prove differently! In my opinion they have forgot the tough times of the past and do not care about continuing customer care after the sale.

A sharp lookin' ride with MPGs to match!
By mechanic80 on 07/18/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Granted, it's only been the first thousand miles, but the fuel economy is fantastic. I drive almost exclusively highway and have been averaging over 45 MPG. The manual transmission is relatively smooth and I'm sure if I had gotten an automatic the power would be disappointing. The A/C adds a considerable burden to the no-where-near overpowered engine. I have to say that even in white, it's a sharp looking car (hatchback with graphics and tinted windows.) There are real issues, though, specifically the comfort and safety of the front seats. I hope I never get smacked hard in the rear (of the car!) because the way the headrests hit at the top of the head, I'd probably snap my neck.

Overall I love it!
By mmason5 on 07/12/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about a month now and I am fairly satisfied. Im a single guy with no kids so I could really care less about the leg room for the back seat. Besides for a single guys sometimes its even better to collapse the seats down for a bit more cargo space. I love the exterior design and the interior of the SE model is very sleek for a compact car in its price range. You will LOVE the built in bluetooth/SYNC system. The only dissapointments I have is the jerky clutch/automatic transmission that does struggle at time when going from stop to 30 mph, after that it drives very smooth and it has excellent suspension for a vehicle its size. I have yet to reach 30 mpgs yet :(

Pretty good car
By chrisherron64 on 07/06/11 13:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in February. Its lives up to its billing as far as milage. Pretty comfortable, nice to drive. Be prepared to bring some money to get all of the cars features. Good credit terms from Ford.

Another FUN small car from Ford...
By cafiestase on 07/02/11 23:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car in April and got it right off the truck. It is a 6-speed trans, SE sedan. For me the trans is a love/hate situation. When in stop/go traffic, it tends to buck/jerk. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing...that's right on par with what service guys/gals are programmed to say. The next time I ask them to have the Trans Guy ride with me. The car has alot of European touch's that we are not used to getting in a car at this price. I.e., a liquid cooled, oil cooler. Because of the normally fine 6-speed trans, there is little to no effort staying with the traffic on an up-hill clime.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta in VA is:

$135 per month*