2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Another FUN small car from Ford...
By cafiestase on 07/02/11 23:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my car in April and got it right off the truck. It is a 6-speed trans, SE sedan. For me the trans is a love/hate situation. When in stop/go traffic, it tends to buck/jerk. I took it to the dealer and they found nothing...that's right on par with what service guys/gals are programmed to say. The next time I ask them to have the Trans Guy ride with me. The car has alot of European touch's that we are not used to getting in a car at this price. I.e., a liquid cooled, oil cooler. Because of the normally fine 6-speed trans, there is little to no effort staying with the traffic on an up-hill clime.

Love this car...mostly!
By cafiestase on 06/29/11 01:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchase the car new..."off the truck" in Apr '11. Now in late June I have 4,K on the clock. Ride is very quite for a car of this size/price. I believe the engine gives off a nice sound when pushed. On smooth roads it is sound proofed well, only slight engine noise at 2750 to 3000 RPM's, not b4 or higher. Handling in the twisties it is fun to drive and handles very well. The radio/Satellite/Phone/CD/Sync is wonderful, but, it is complicated, but then I am 73, maybe that's why... Overall, Ford has done a great job on this car. I only hope that it will prove to be as good as '03 Ford 2.3 Focus I owned.

Excellent little car- 6 speed automatic SE.
By s_carlock on 05/29/11 08:06 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I have had our Fiesta for about 9 months now and have put around 10.5k miles on it in the time, including a trip from Austin, TX. to Charleston, SC and back, totaling 2400 miles of travel (probably a bit more since we took detours) and the car has been reliable every step of the way. For the price, the Fiesta is an excellent vehicle. The construction seems solid (love how heavy the doors are), the seats are comfortable once adjusted to personal taste -- our cross-country trip was a 24 hour drive each way, non-stop -- the storage space in the sedan is excellent. The Sync system has been a little fussy at times, but not a deal-breaker. Just takes a little time to get used to.

Perfect for any college student
By jphorner on 05/11/11 07:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 20 year old college student and will be commuting 30 minutes away for the next fall semester and needed something that would be reliable and good on gas. I happened across the Fiesta out of curiosity. I never dreamed I could afford a brand new car, the price and value are outstanding. It's attractive and drives wonderfully. The stick adds fun into the drive, and at over 100mph it rode like I was driving 40. The interior is attractive, and even though it lacks the luxury features I don't need any of that and really the only thing I notice I don't have is power windows. The speaker system is great, and necessary for the drive to school. The trunk has a lot of space too. Love this car.

Impressed
By shaffzane on 05/03/11 17:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only in with 200 miles but I'm impressed with the car so far. Averaging about 34 mpg in town. Dual clutch 6 speed is not a slush-box nor a manual so it takes some getting used to. Nice ride and handling.

Great little car, excellent value...
By bobby812 on 04/12/11 10:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL loaded with every possible option. Had mostly driven German cars prior but in 2009 purchased the Ford Fusion. Loved the car but the gas mileage was poor and was looking to down size to get better MPG and cut payments. Looked at all the cars on the market for 2 months. I ended up with the 2011 Ford Fiesta. I have had it for a few weeks and the car is great. Fun to drive, gets about 36 MPG in heavy metropolitian traffic, better on hwy. SYNC system is much improved since 2009 and I love the real time traffic, bluetooth, and turn by turn navigation. Could not be happier as I trippled my MPG, cut payment in half. Safety features are awesome. Way to go FORD!

2011 Fiesta SE manual
By broomball531 on 03/22/11 11:33 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think it's the best looking vehicle on the market. I'm getting around 40 mpg. The Sync app takes some getting used to, but it's cool being able to make phone calls hands free, you simply press one button, it plays your smart phone MP3's the same way. It has a really tight, solid feel. You can barely feel any bumps or pot holes in the road. Driving is fun, the engine is responsive and quick. The radio controls are kind of hard to reach in the middle console. Not much leg room in back seats. Best car I have ever owned.

Major Mistake for buyers
By kpdvice on 03/07/11 23:16 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a loaded sedan for my wife 3 weeks ago. After doing research and deciding we liked the mileage it got. We averaged about 38 mpg with the car in city / highway combined. Seats were comfortable except everytime we drove it neither of us could walk after about an hour behind the wheel. SNYC system was horrible and complicated to operate. Vehicle has no tow hooks so when it gets stuck in 3 inches of snow you can't yank it out. no way to shut off the traction control system off so when it's stuck in the afore mentioned 3 inches of snow you can't rock it out either. the automatic transmition jerks in and out while driving. This car was so bad we traded it in within a month!!!!

2011 fiesta
By oldgeezer5 on 01/31/11 15:14 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this se sedan in sept 2010 with auto trans. Have 6500 miles on it now and have never seen under 40mpg on the interstate at 70 to 75mph. City driving never under 30mpg. Very comforable seats front and back although a little short of legroom in back. My wife and I have lower back troubles we had very little compaints after 8 hour drives. Did have a check engine light come on in Florida and scanner found defective solinoid or sensor in evaporative control and emissions system. Ford garage said ok to drive and had part replaced in Ky after 4 day wait. Should mention that the trip to Fl included myself wife and brother in law and thus car was loaded down for a two week stay.

Transmission Gone
By ashley7979 on 01/13/11 14:00 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 1,700 miles, my (automatic) transmission went out. I really picked a winner! lol

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*