Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Terrible Engine, do not buy this car
By cremebrulee

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE. I've had more mechanical problems with it then any other car I've owned. Bought it new, and has been making a grinding noise since I bought it. Replaced the clutch and is now in the shop again for the 3rd time, they cannot figure out what the grinding noise is? I don't understand how Ford can get away with this? They are not standing by their product. I've also read, that they were replacing transmissions quietly due to this terrible grinding noise it makes?

Love the way it handles, the good gas mileage it gets, it is comfortable...fiesty little car on the highway...

Improve the grinding noise the engine makes when going from 55MPH to between 30 - 40 MPH...Needs a console, and also a rear window wiper, along with a trunk opener in the dash. Otherwise, if they corrected the grinding noise it makes, I'd say this car is perfect, but it has got some major mechanical problems that Ford is not standing by.

Good value ... good car
By wyophil

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.

Handling, mileage, fun-per-dollar ratio, comfort, fairly quiet for a small car. I live in Wyoming, but haven't had any winter-related (snow, ice) problems getting around. Likely would in really deep snow, though.

Somewhat jerky at slow speeds. Takes some getting used to. Fix Sync's voice recognition. Too often it calls the wrong person. More of a classic dash panel would be good. This one seems a little too sci-fi inspired. The heater takes longer to warm up the car than other cars I've had, but works just fine in general.

DO NOT BUY!
By mws5535

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I might as well copy and paste the many comments I on here as mine as the same. We've had the car for a year and all of the same issues are happening - 'transmission' or 'clutch system' replaced, shifting issues, been in the shop, going back in now because it just won't turn over - it is like owning a wind up toy. BUY FOREIGN CARS ONLY! AMERICAN VEHICLES...AND I HAVE OWNED A FEW...SUCK!!! My 2007 Hyundai has been a great car. [non-permissible content removed.]

None.

Just take it back. All of it.

Bad car to buy
By stran00

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is very small inside. Driver side window won't roll up all the way after one year. I will bring back to the dealer this weekend and see what happen. I was thinking of supporting American economy by buying this brand new Ford Fiesta 2011. But the quality are disappointing.

DO NOT buy this car!!
By paigelarissa

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car brand new in 2010. Didnt have any issues for about 6 months. Then it all happened at once! Ford does not tell you that even if the car is automatic that it has a manuel transmisson. The car is VERlY sluggish! Feels exactly like you are driving a stick shift,also shifts into gear VERY hard.Had to have my car towed to Ford because of my car not driving,just sitting and revving RPM's.got told they updated software.well once i got it back when i would back out of my driveway and go into drive it would shift SO hard that it would jerk my head and body.Ford proceeded to tell me this was a "normal hesitation" because the car has a manuel transmission! im no car expert but i know a

car jerking into gear that hard is not normal in any way! It got to the point where they had to have a specialist come look at my car from ford company because they couldnt tell me what was wrong with it! this car is a POS to say the least!!!