Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

Real working transmissions and consider reports of intermittent issues valid and worth checking.

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.

Nice little car
By edva

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 5-spd, with 7500 miles. Positives: very satisfied overall, fun to drive, great design, averaging 41 mpg highway and town (not city) driving, comfortable ride, excellent handling, good brakes, reasonably quiet. Negatives: slightly underpowered, but OK for the mileage it gets, could use a sixth gear on the manual, rpms are a bit high at speed, mine is white, looks great but the undercoat is black, and the paint chips very easily, leaving black holes in the finish, no cabin air filter, and squirrels ate the insulation from under the hood, which the dealer wouldn't cover, even though in my opinion this is a design oversight on Ford's part.

Styling, economy.

Better paint, cabin air filter.

Well...it's a $16k car
By mrj88

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Fiesta for a year now and have enjoyed it overall. Love the styling and lime squeeze paint. Consistent 35mpg is great, and most importantly it's never left me stranded. Nice little car. Here's the *but*. While the car seems solid mechanically, there have been a bunch of little issues that remind me that I'm definitely not driving an $21k Jetta/Civic/Impreza/etc. Already had to have some loose items under the hood tightened down, weather stripping replaced, quirky door locks, and random squeaks/creaks that come and go. Nothing over the top, but enough to make me wonder if I should have paid a little extra to get something a little more "tight". Only time will tell.

Styling/color. Gas mileage. SYNC (although the capabilities of Siri on the new iPhone could pretty much fully replace it). Safety features (actually lowered my insurance). Heated seats. Hill start assist. Rear wiper.

Smoother automatic transimission at lower speeds. Put in an armrest! The aftermarket ones are okay, but not nearly as good as something factory designed/installed. Upgrade the SYNC display to an actual screen and incorporate GPS. The turn-by-turn directions suck to be honest. Put volume control on steering wheel. Take few inches from the trunk and give the backseat more leg room. Make all the doors lock/unlock with a single button press on the remote. More tint at the top of the windshield.

Ford Fiesta SES (2011)
By maristy

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I agree and fully enforce edmonds review of this vehicle. I decided to write this review because my previous car was a 2008 Ford Edge SEL and I NEVER thought I would move to a sub compact. I am 6'0 ft tall. The very first time I sat in it I was completely comfortable. I am a stickler for arm and leg room. I don't like feeling squished at all. This car has a big car feel, more fuel value and a lower mo. payment! I did not want to compromise my safety or comfort. My black (w. sparkles) Fiesta came with preferred options like heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting and folding rear seats that extend the trunk space considerably. Needless to say it fits a lot more than I expected. Great car!

Maneuverability Fuel economy 28 city mpg (Los Angeles, CA) Additional blind spot rearview mirror. Headroom + Legroom comfortable for tall people. Rear seats have removable headrests. Rear seats go down to extend trunk space. Hatchback fits more than they eye can see. Hatchback has a hard, detachable privacy cover. Features: heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting, sync, Sirius satellite radio free for 6 mos, and free services and directions downloaded to car computer.

Fix whatever the delay is in the transmission. I have experienced a delay when punching the gas to make a quick move. Air guard needed (similar to the one the Ford Edge has) to reduce moon roof wind noise.