2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Everything we expected
By carvil on 06/11/11 15:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife an I purchased a white hatchback (we tinted the windows) about 20,000 miles ago. Taken a trip from Detroit to NC and one to Fla. In the city we are getting 32.5 mpg. On the highway with just my wife and I (no luggage) we get 45.0 mpg. The car is quiet with little noise from without. could us a little more room for my right leg while driving. Other than that, we have had no dissapointments with this car. Glad we bought the standard shift..lots of fun.

LOVE this little car!
By armydoc115 on 05/11/11 07:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm in the Army on Ft Benning, Ga, and I have a roughly 90 mile commute from home to work. My daily driver has been a 2005 Jeep Wrangler with 6" lift and 33" tires. I LOVE my Jeep and won't ever part with it, nor will I ever be without a Jeep, but with 14mpg, gas was killing me. I bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatch 5 spd, and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. The European influence is evident in almost every aspect of the car. It's not fast, but it isn't terrbly slow either. It will handle 80mph on the highway like it's a much larger car, and it has plenty of passing power. Gas mileage is wonderful! My average between city/highway is usually 36-38 mpg. It handles great, and sync rocks!

Transmission Replaced at 300 miles
By jartiv on 04/07/11 20:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: unless we measure performance with how loud of a scrapping noise the transmission makes, than I give the Fiesta a 1. Comfort: 5'3" Driver, I am not comfortable without an armrest. 5'11" side passenger has seat all the way back. 5'0'' driver can't fit behind 5'11". Value: paid 15k for an SE Sedan with Super Fuel Economy (code for cruise control) and Sync (bluetooth connectivity) and a transmission that made scrapping noise. 1. Interior/Exterior Design: trendy. 4. Build Quality: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1. Reliability: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1.

2011 Yellow Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES Automatic
By ceg1001 on 04/02/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 08 Ford Mustang, to save some money on car payments and Gas. I have not been dissapointed. This car has the best MPG I have seen in any car. I do 40 mpg in the highway and 33 mgp in the city, versus 19 mpg with the Mustang. The car came with SYNC, Ambience Lighting, Sirius radio, and Cruise Control. The car handles rather well on the highway, you get the feeling that you are driving a midsize sedan. As far as interior space, I can fit two car seats in the back and drive comfortably in the front. The trunk space is decent. I would recommend that the add an armrest on the driver's side. I was aprehensive with giving up my Mustang, but I am now certain that I did the right choice

7500 Miles in my Fiesta Hatchback w/automatic
By haulsalot on 03/27/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Fiesta Hatchback new in November as an around town and commuting car. My drive is 38 miles each way with a mix of two lane road, suburban traffic, and I-95. On any given day, the 18 miles on 1-95 can be wide open or grinding traffic. After 4 months, I couldn't be happier with the Fiesta. It is fun to drive, quiet, full of cool features, very comfortable. So far I have had no issues of any sort with the car and pretty much everything about it is better than expected. The Sync system with Sirius is terrific, working flawlessly over Bluetooth with my Blackberry. I have owned quite a few new cars and the Fiesta compares favorably with my Honda Fit and Toyota/Pont Vibe.

Fun car!
By alliemn on 02/26/11 12:39 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 5-door automatic SES with the yellow paint, and I love it! It's zippy and fun to drive. I get lots of compliments on my car. It's been winter in MN for the whole time I've owned my Fiesta so far, and the car heats up quickly and starts just fine in the cold, though it helps to let it run for couple minutes before driving. I haven't had any trouble driving in the snow.

Fiesta Wins Hands Down
By snowcrash7 on 01/17/11 08:06 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 3 cars last week. A Mazda 2, which had the dash pressed up against my left knee and smelled of burnt oil after doing 70 on the highway. The Honda Fit Sport, which really surprised me on the highway. I had it at 70 and the engine was over reving, like it wanted to be shifted into a higher gear. I was looking for an over drive button but the dealer who was also in the car said it didnt have one. That was a shocker.

Go with the Honda Fit
By tangog on 12/22/10 15:38 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am looking for a commuting car that can eventually be a hand-me-down. I just test drove both the fiesta and the honda fit with my 13 year old son - manual trans for both as I think it is needed on these small cars. After looking at the write-ups that made the fiesta sound great, I thought I would put it to the test. my son and I both thought the fit sport won hands down based on driving impressions and comfort. the fiesta needed to be jump started and smelled afterwards like clutch and brake - could be new car break in, definitely not me because I drive awesome - ha. At 5,000 rpm, it felt like it was going to blow. For die hard ford fans consider the focus - rebates are attractive.

good but poor auto transmission
By pelach on 12/13/10 13:08 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The build quality seems to be quite good. I like the car except for the automatic transmission... it sometimes does not shift logically and lacks power from a stop; after it gets going it seems to have adequate power. The stereo is quite good and the cabin is very quiet, although i notice others are complaining of noises that develop with more use. Mileage is not as good as hoped for but I do live up in the hills. I'm satisfied except for the automatic transmission goofiness.

Love the design - not the transmission or starter!
By fiestyone on 12/13/10 06:56 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I actually have an automatic & got it in Oct. after a month long wait! Up until winter hit in Minnesota I loved it. Very stylish, comfortable & quiet. I did a comparison with a Honda Fit before deciding on the Fiesta. The Fit just didn't have the get up & go that Fiesta did. Anyway cold weather hit & my Fiesta does not start well. I sometimes hear a grinding noise when starting. Twice now my car won't go into reverse or drive - very frustrating not being able to rely on your car when you need it - especially one with only 4,000 miles on it! What gives??? Also, doesn't feel the safest with roads that are part ice & part dry - wheels tend to throw the car around a lot.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback in VA is:

$116 per month*