Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

LEMON DO NOT BUY
By stevienae

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta in August of 2010. It is an automatic, not manual transmission. Within a month it was back at Ford with transmission issues and has continued to have problems despite at least 10 trips to the Ford Shop. I was told by Ford Engineer that it must be the way I was driving it. They felt I was breaking with my left foot with my foot not completely off the gas. I do not break with my left foot. I just had it voluntarily repossessed as I cannot in good conscious sell it to somebody. This was after the New Car Lemon Law process and denied, I offered to walk away from it and have the dealer resell it and laughed at for being upside down when asked to trade it in.

Favorite Features

None that were worth the trouble of the bad transmission!

Suggested Improvements

Ford should stand behind their products. I've noticed there is not a selection for any Ford Fiesta Review with an automatic transmission. All reviews are for manual transmission. Hmmmmmmmm????????

Still lookin' good
By baron_bodissey

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 16 months and 15,000 miles, I'm still happy with my 2011 Fiesta SE with 6 speed auto tran. This was after an 18-year love affair with 1992 Mustang LX 5.0, so you can imagine the culture shock of a 1.6L, 120hp engine. In almost a year and a half I have had exactly one problem with the Fiesta -- a rear window weatherstripping came loose. The Fiesta is a slug off the line -- 35mpg in town makes up for that -- but once revs build it becomes downright zippy, it holds Interstate speeds just fine, and really likes corners. The auto transmission is quirky but most of the time is fairly smooth. The interior and exterior are in good shape so far. Oh, the clock is 2 minutes slow -- always.

Favorite Features

The 35mpg is the best feature, of course, and that's mostly in town. Seating is at least as comfortable as the Mustang and probably better for rear-seat passengers. The handling and steering feel are very sporty and it can be an exhilarating ride on twisty roads. The sedan has a fair-sized trunk (it easily holds our largest suitcase); the fastback is better looking but has very limited cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of much to improve on the Fiesta beyond what most reviewers have mentioned -- a few more horses and a smoother automatic transmission. Beyond that it is darned near perfect as a subcompact economy car. If you are in the market for a subcompact, you owe it to yourself to check out the Fiesta.

A good buy in my opinion
By az_sports_fan

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES automatic hatchback for about two years now. I will give a few reasons why I would buy it again. My payment for a next-to-new car was reasonable & it's good on gas. My car now has about 83K miles. (When I purchased the car it had about 35K) I have had only one major repair (the back passenger door wouldn't stay closed.) It was $450 to fix that. I love the inside design-it looks nice & is functional. I recently rented a 2013 Nissan Maxima for a trip. I was surprised to find the Nissan had no USB charger & no bluetooth. The only things I don't like is the shifting at low speeds & the lack of power.

Favorite Features

I love the Bluetooth, the USB port for charging my cell phone, the radio display shows more info. than other car radios. (Like song title, artist name things like that.) The ambient lighting is nice. I also love the five cup holders it has in the front seat area alone. Sync is also one of my fav. features, it seems to work well most of the time for me. It's also very roomy for a small car. My brother is 6 ft. 2 inches tall & he fits in the car comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

dislikes- it doesn't have a panic alarm on the key fob. It doesn't have a center console to store things out of eyesight or arm rest. The small compartments meant to hold stuff are not big enough to hold an I phone or sunglasses. No dry cleaning hooks to hang clothes on. They key is very expensive to duplicate.

Should be recalled, a real lemon
By big_jig

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 months ago used with 39000 miles on it. It has a 6 speed automatic transmission. 2 weeks after I bought it Ford sent me a letter stating the this model was having transmission issues and if it broke they would fix it for free.The transmission went out at 42000 miles and now Ford tells me they have 32000 parts on back order and I won't get it back for at least 12 weeks.This is my first and last Ford I will ever buy. I would like to trade it in but it apparently lost a lot of value in the short time I have owned it due the the transmission issue. What a joke. This car should be recalled and is a true lemon.

Suggested Improvements

Recall this lemon before someone gets hurt.

Ford Fiesta SES (2011)
By maristy

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I agree and fully enforce edmonds review of this vehicle. I decided to write this review because my previous car was a 2008 Ford Edge SEL and I NEVER thought I would move to a sub compact. I am 6'0 ft tall. The very first time I sat in it I was completely comfortable. I am a stickler for arm and leg room. I don't like feeling squished at all. This car has a big car feel, more fuel value and a lower mo. payment! I did not want to compromise my safety or comfort. My black (w. sparkles) Fiesta came with preferred options like heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting and folding rear seats that extend the trunk space considerably. Needless to say it fits a lot more than I expected. Great car!

Favorite Features

Maneuverability Fuel economy 28 city mpg (Los Angeles, CA) Additional blind spot rearview mirror. Headroom + Legroom comfortable for tall people. Rear seats have removable headrests. Rear seats go down to extend trunk space. Hatchback fits more than they eye can see. Hatchback has a hard, detachable privacy cover. Features: heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting, sync, Sirius satellite radio free for 6 mos, and free services and directions downloaded to car computer.

Suggested Improvements

Fix whatever the delay is in the transmission. I have experienced a delay when punching the gas to make a quick move. Air guard needed (similar to the one the Ford Edge has) to reduce moon roof wind noise.