I do not recommend anyone purchase this vehicle. Despite research that informed me that there were transmission issues, I went with good faith that the car would perform well, so I purchased the vehicle. It had 17,500 miles on it and the second day I had it in my possession, the engine malfunctioned - forcing me to pull over on the side of the road. I am not getting this vehicle again. If this happened on the second day I had it with barely any miles on it, I can only imagine what may happen months down the line. DO NOT PURCHASE. The specks inside the vehicle does not make up for the car breaking down on the beltway!
I bought this car 3 months ago used with 39000 miles on it. It has a 6 speed automatic transmission. 2 weeks after I bought it Ford sent me a letter stating the this model was having transmission issues and if it broke they would fix it for free.The transmission went out at 42000 miles and now Ford tells me they have 32000 parts on back order and I won't get it back for at least 12 weeks.This is my first and last Ford I will ever buy. I would like to trade it in but it apparently lost a lot of value in the short time I have owned it due the the transmission issue. What a joke. This car should be recalled and is a true lemon.
I've run into problem after problem with this car.
- The front passenger door latch spring broke so that the latch mechanism had to be replaced. Ford sent out a recall for certain vehicles about this, but mine does not appear to be included.
- The engine stalls out when coming to a stop or going up a hill (has died in stop & go traffic on the highway).
- The clutch misbehaves and causes the car to engine to shudder/sputter.
- The turn signal lever broke so that it does not reset after making a turn.
- The steering wheel media control buttons fell off after minimal use
- Sync has random issues with reading ipod media.
The build quality is just poor.
The Sync system is great when it works. Bluetooth makes
- There's only one door lock control in the whole car, and it's a flimsy button.
- Build quality is just poor. All sorts of parts large and small have broken and the car is only 4 years old.
The transmission just slipped out of the blue while I was on the highway! We had had some problems before - weird things like the battery died when it was just a couple years old (we didn't leave a light on or anything, it just died). Then the car would sometimes stall when coming to a stop. But nobody could tell us what was wrong, and they all thought I was crazy. This latest highway fiasco is the end for me though. So dangerous! Plus now the clutch is shot. Neither the dealership nor Ford will cover the clutch. This is crazy! This car is dangerous.
Bought this car new January 2011 and have had no problems and have had nothing go wrong with it. It now has 49,000 miles. We have the automatic transmission and once we got used to the way it behaves, have had no complaints. Test drove a manual and the auto beats it hands down. My daughter drives it commuting to school and loves it so much she calls it "her" car. It consistently gets close to 34 mpg in mixed driving. My Son is getting his drivers license and wants a green one.