2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews 2

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Ford Fiesta SES (2011)
By maristy on 01/17/12 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I agree and fully enforce edmonds review of this vehicle. I decided to write this review because my previous car was a 2008 Ford Edge SEL and I NEVER thought I would move to a sub compact. I am 6'0 ft tall. The very first time I sat in it I was completely comfortable. I am a stickler for arm and leg room. I don't like feeling squished at all. This car has a big car feel, more fuel value and a lower mo. payment! I did not want to compromise my safety or comfort. My black (w. sparkles) Fiesta came with preferred options like heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting and folding rear seats that extend the trunk space considerably. Needless to say it fits a lot more than I expected. Great car!

Still lookin' good
By baron_bodissey on 01/13/12 18:04 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 16 months and 15,000 miles, I'm still happy with my 2011 Fiesta SE with 6 speed auto tran. This was after an 18-year love affair with 1992 Mustang LX 5.0, so you can imagine the culture shock of a 1.6L, 120hp engine. In almost a year and a half I have had exactly one problem with the Fiesta -- a rear window weatherstripping came loose. The Fiesta is a slug off the line -- 35mpg in town makes up for that -- but once revs build it becomes downright zippy, it holds Interstate speeds just fine, and really likes corners. The auto transmission is quirky but most of the time is fairly smooth. The interior and exterior are in good shape so far. Oh, the clock is 2 minutes slow -- always.

Ford Fiesta Transmission Problems
By j2cub on 12/09/11 07:07 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Well my Ford Fiesta had less than 1800 miles on it when the transmission started chattering while holding a steady traffic speed of 30 MPH after it warmed up. Now it does it bad between 30 and 55 MPH, still after it is warmed up. Itís fine when itís cold. Also twice after putting 2900 miles on the car, the transmission would not release when trying to stop at a stop light. It drove me through a red light, TWICE. It was as if I was driving a manual transmission car and forgot to put the clutch in. Scared me to death, but Iím forced to keep driving it. Took it to Kline Motors, a Ford dealership in Winfield KS. They said they worked on it for 2 hours and charged over $172 and did nothing.

1 Month Ownership w/Auto
By stardude82 on 09/27/11 20:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun little car. I don't know why I like it so much in spite of its sluggish acceleration, body role and bizarre low speed transmission behavior! Despite what Ford marketing will have you believe this car is a compromise. But it's on I live with without regrets. I found the back seats in this car perfectly adequate and more useful than the big brother Focus. I'm averaging 38 mph in mixed driving.

Best American-Made SubCompact
By davep101 on 08/11/11 15:57 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We have always owned Japanese and European compact and subcompact cars. This time out, we were very impressed with the quality of the Fiesta, compared to the Hondas we considered, and bought the Ford. The Fiesta has qualities more often found in European B cars, where a quiet, comfortable ride is achieved, along with an impressive driving experience and fuel efficiency.

No Complaints after 6500 miles
By derickd81 on 07/28/11 06:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Contemplated many cars before going with the Fiesta. Honda's Fit was a close second, but the Fiesta was much quieter at highway speed and gets better mileage. Took the Fiesta on a roadtrip from VA to ME last week, 2500 miles total mixed driving and got 39.3 mpg overall, A/C was almost always on too! Great mileage on backroads were I have gotten close to 50mpg! Front seats are comfortable even on 16hr trips! Back seats are fine for an hour or two, I'm 6'1" and don't mind. The auto trans is weird at slow speeds, but it is really a manual trans and shifts better than most people can shift a manual at low speeds, so with that perspective in mind it is fine, can't expect a slushbox-like shift!

A sharp lookin' ride with MPGs to match!
By mechanic80 on 07/18/11 16:19 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Granted, it's only been the first thousand miles, but the fuel economy is fantastic. I drive almost exclusively highway and have been averaging over 45 MPG. The manual transmission is relatively smooth and I'm sure if I had gotten an automatic the power would be disappointing. The A/C adds a considerable burden to the no-where-near overpowered engine. I have to say that even in white, it's a sharp looking car (hatchback with graphics and tinted windows.) There are real issues, though, specifically the comfort and safety of the front seats. I hope I never get smacked hard in the rear (of the car!) because the way the headrests hit at the top of the head, I'd probably snap my neck.

Overall I love it!
By mmason5 on 07/12/11 19:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about a month now and I am fairly satisfied. Im a single guy with no kids so I could really care less about the leg room for the back seat. Besides for a single guys sometimes its even better to collapse the seats down for a bit more cargo space. I love the exterior design and the interior of the SE model is very sleek for a compact car in its price range. You will LOVE the built in bluetooth/SYNC system. The only dissapointments I have is the jerky clutch/automatic transmission that does struggle at time when going from stop to 30 mph, after that it drives very smooth and it has excellent suspension for a vehicle its size. I have yet to reach 30 mpgs yet :(

Pretty good car
By chrisherron64 on 07/06/11 13:28 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in February. Its lives up to its billing as far as milage. Pretty comfortable, nice to drive. Be prepared to bring some money to get all of the cars features. Good credit terms from Ford.

Not a Good Feeling About this Car
By maxie6 on 07/01/11 10:37 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Was not intending to buy this car but just want to test drive it. When dealer drop the sticker price by $700+ dollars I gave in. I like the overall outside appearance of the car. The backseat leg room is sufficient for a couple of 4 year olds and that's about it. The muffler had weld splatter and rust all over the one end facing the rear of the car (poor quality control and workmanship). The automatic transmission is real "quirky" at low speeds - like it doesn't know what gear it should be in. My gut feeling tells me that I may have "bought a pig in a poke" and I am going to be paying for that "Good Price" I got the car for.