Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Shake, Rattle and Roll
By Becky Carroll

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Fiesta "looked" like the perfect car for my soon-to-be-driver, but after I drove it for a while, I found it unsafe for an inexperienced driver. The transmission is very uncertain. At times it takes off smoothly from stop, other times it hesitates and shudders to a start. The start may be a lurch or a crawl. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason for the inconsistency. Four months after the purchase, I received a Recall 15B22 and took it into a local Ford dealership. I was informed that they would attempt a repair but it might not work. I was told to drive it for 1500 miles before returning. The problem got progressively worse and when I had done my mandatory 1500 miles, I went back to the Ford service department and was told there was nothing more they could do. We will see about that, but that is where we stand to date. So, the vehicle for my new driver has proven itself unsafe for even I, a driver of 40+ years.

Absolute garbage car
By British guy

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not sure why the highlighted review indicates 4+ out of 5 stars. I bought this care used with 11.000 miles, previously owned by an 84 year old lady. It shuddered so badly that it would reverberate your voice when talking. It's shifting sounds like a tool box rolling down concrete stairs. It accelerates slower than the 18 wheeler I drive for a living. Please don't buy this car, it will be more than a regret and a gigantic headache.

fire fire
By Pamela Alavian

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was in getting my hair done .tow and a half hours I opened my door and the whole console melted like a candle. It must have been a short in the power outlet. Ford better pay for this

IT TRIED TO KILL ME, TWICE!!
By Laurie

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

You are taking your life in your hands when you buy this car! Not to mention the drivers around you. This car, a.k.a. killer should be on a recall list NOW! This "car" stalled on me, had it "fixed" and today (3 months later), I was almost ran over by an 18 wheeler because it stalled in heavy traffic. Luckily, both time I was able to roll off the road within seconds of my life. It is now at a Ford dealer, and with any luck,I'll be re-united with this piece of crap in 3 months, yes 3 months! I finally got them to let me have a loaner car since I have to travel to my doctor. How nice of them! I have contacted every agencies I could find and reported this car. If somebody hasn't died yet while driving this car....they will soon. Just pray it doesn't take some other poor drivers and their families with them. Ford has to step up NOW!.

Do Not Buy one of these!!!!!
By Dave

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Fiesta new in 2011. The auto clutch and transmission have been a NIGHTMARE!!!! It is again at the dealership (day 9 right now) with transmission issues. This is the 4th time in 4 years that it has had the transmission and auto clutch worked on!!!

• SUV