Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

2011 Ford Fiesta with Dual Clutch Manual Auto Trans in Blue Flame
By grandma1961

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my car! Bought used in 2013 and 2 months later took a trip from No. KY to TN and then on to LA and then back. For the first leg of the trip, I filled before leaving home, went about 150 miles to pick up Dad, then on to TN another 250. All up and down hills, and ONE tank of fuel! I was speechless! Yes, that transmission takes a little to get used to. Thought something was wrong with it UNTIL I read the owner's manual. You just have to LISTEN to the shifting to get it right. If you accelerate moderately, you won't get that jerky feeling. I could not be happier with it. I drive over 100 miles a day and gas mileage is great. Started with 23K miles and now over 65K on it.

Favorite Features

Love the speedy transmission. Once you get used to it, it really can do amazing things! Also, that Traction/Stability/Slide control. When turned off, you will fishtail in gravel. With it on, it drives like a dream.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any, except enlarging the back seat so passengers are more comfy.

Fun Car!
By fiestafanatic

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my very first car and I am in love! I have the oxford white SEL trim. The only thing that I have an issue with is the Sync. Apparently, there is a factory defect in the software that causes the entire auxillary unit to go out. My radio still works good though. Other than that it has been a dream. Excellent gas mileage!! Almost 40mpg!!! Moonroof, all of my friends fit in just fine! Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Moonroof Easy Controls in the cabin Gas mileage Smooth ride Ambient Color Change Lighting

Suggested Improvements

SYNC

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now. I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car. I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall. I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced. I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission. It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission. Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

Suggested Improvements

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).

Good car...especially for the money
By qwerty14

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2011 Fiesta with 68K miles and I have experienced NO issues at all. The car drives fine and for the price(<$15K) you can’t beat it. Need I remind all of the Fiesta bashers.... this is not a high end $20K+ car. You get what you pay for and for less than $15K, this is a nice car. The only thing I have done to the car so far with 68K miles is oil changes and one set of tires. As far as the transmission is concerned, yes Ford has used a manual-automatic transmission and you simply need to get used to it. The “jerky” transmission that many have complained about is because you don’t have a feel for the car. You can’t come to a complete stop and then try to give it gas right away.

Favorite Features

You need to either ease into the turn and “gently” accelerate, or come to a complete stop and again “gently” accelerate or you will get jerked around. It is a matter of getting the feel of this over time. I have an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is incredible.... 36 in normal everyday driving in town and I just got 42 on a recent hwy trip. The interior fit and finish is nice for a less than $15K car and is as good as a number of $20K+ cars.

Not one of Ford's Better Ideas!
By godzilla1957

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Though the SES is very sharp looking, gets pretty good MPG (though a friend's TDI Passat at twice the size gets just as good MPG) it has many flaws and I honestly wish I hadn't bought this car. The 6 speed auto trans had to be reprogrammed, I'm reading about those who had to get new trans and I'm nervous since I'm 2K miles out of warrantee. I can't enter or exit a driveway with any grade without scraping. I can't see though the back window due to the read hear rests, no center console creates right arm fatigue. The AC vents blow right on my hands creating aches. At 5'11" I sit way too low, the back seat is basically worthless and SYNC is an abomination. I'm an unhappy camper.