2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Good car
By stephen_c on 02/23/13 09:34 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny on 02/14/13 12:12 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

Don't Listen to Others About the Fiesta
By justin022 on 02/12/13 13:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The fiesta's first section of the owner's manual clearly states to SET YOUR ENGINE BY DRIVING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. Since this is a unique type of engine, the first 5000 miles are extremely important in the performance of the car from then on out. This simply means don't accelerate at extremely high speeds, don't drive extremely slow. It's that easy. The engine is a manual-automatic and needs to be set. All of the morons on here complaining about jerky transmission and slow acceleration obviously DIDN'T READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL. It's a great car if you treat it right. At least 38 MPG and it has been very reliable so far. AWESOME.

Terrible Engine, do not buy this car
By cremebrulee on 01/08/13 04:57 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE. I've had more mechanical problems with it then any other car I've owned. Bought it new, and has been making a grinding noise since I bought it. Replaced the clutch and is now in the shop again for the 3rd time, they cannot figure out what the grinding noise is? I don't understand how Ford can get away with this? They are not standing by their product. I've also read, that they were replacing transmissions quietly due to this terrible grinding noise it makes?

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn on 12/16/12 14:04 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.

Good value ... good car
By wyophil on 11/05/12 10:38 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.

DO NOT BUY!
By mws5535 on 10/23/12 05:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I might as well copy and paste the many comments I on here as mine as the same. We've had the car for a year and all of the same issues are happening - 'transmission' or 'clutch system' replaced, shifting issues, been in the shop, going back in now because it just won't turn over - it is like owning a wind up toy. BUY FOREIGN CARS ONLY! AMERICAN VEHICLES...AND I HAVE OWNED A FEW...SUCK!!! My 2007 Hyundai has been a great car. [non-permissible content removed.]

Bad car to buy
By stran00 on 08/29/12 23:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is very small inside. Driver side window won't roll up all the way after one year. I will bring back to the dealer this weekend and see what happen. I was thinking of supporting American economy by buying this brand new Ford Fiesta 2011. But the quality are disappointing.

Nice little car
By edva on 08/18/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 5-spd, with 7500 miles. Positives: very satisfied overall, fun to drive, great design, averaging 41 mpg highway and town (not city) driving, comfortable ride, excellent handling, good brakes, reasonably quiet. Negatives: slightly underpowered, but OK for the mileage it gets, could use a sixth gear on the manual, rpms are a bit high at speed, mine is white, looks great but the undercoat is black, and the paint chips very easily, leaving black holes in the finish, no cabin air filter, and squirrels ate the insulation from under the hood, which the dealer wouldn't cover, even though in my opinion this is a design oversight on Ford's part.

DO NOT buy this car!!
By paigelarissa on 05/13/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car brand new in 2010. Didnt have any issues for about 6 months. Then it all happened at once! Ford does not tell you that even if the car is automatic that it has a manuel transmisson. The car is VERlY sluggish! Feels exactly like you are driving a stick shift,also shifts into gear VERY hard.Had to have my car towed to Ford because of my car not driving,just sitting and revving RPM's.got told they updated software.well once i got it back when i would back out of my driveway and go into drive it would shift SO hard that it would jerk my head and body.Ford proceeded to tell me this was a "normal hesitation" because the car has a manuel transmission! im no car expert but i know a

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta in VA is:

$138 per month*