2011 Ford Fiesta S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Sort Reviews by

Love My 2011 Fiesta SES
By jimies

2011 Ford Fiesta SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of driving in the City. I wanted a car that was easy to park and drive in tight places. This car works perfect in these situations. The heated seats, push button start and the Sync system are all nice pluses. To date I have just over 37,000 trouble free miles on this car.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, easy to park and heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

An ecco-boost Fiesta could be fun.

LEMON! LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORD FOR TRANSMISSION CONCERNS
By lauren_nicole

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

By far the worst investment I've ever made. I've literally lost track of how many times I've taken in this car for the transmission (It's actually in the shop right now and has been for over a month because there is such a high demand for these parts, they went on a national backorder!!) I filed a lawsuit with a lemon law attorney about a year ago. Ford offered me a settlement of $6,000 but I countered and they refused. The judge approved a mediation hearing and it's scheduled for the end of this month. Can't wait to get my money back and get rid of this thing! Anyone thinking about investing in this POS, save yourself the time, money and headache.

Worst investment ever!!! DONT BUY!!!
By sparlz17

2011 Ford Fiesta SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august 2010.. my first car i've ever bought and It's been ok for the first 20,000kms.. you have to drive it decently cuz if you drive the RPMS up to much it will give your car problems. I have to say though recently I just had the car in the shop the past 3 weeks for RPM problems.. My car would basically drive itself.. I would sit in first gear at a complete stop and my RPM would revv all the way up to 3000 rpms.. its not a safe car at all. Only thing I would say is good about this car is the gas mileage.. thats about it. 100% DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I cant wait to sell it and get a honda civic and never have to deal with this problem.

Favorite Features

Gas, thats it.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING.. American vehicles are a DO NOT BUY.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Start over

Good car
By stephen_c

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Favorite Features

Small blind-spot mirrors mounted on each side-view mirrow make for great visibility. HUGE trunk for the size of the car (Sedan)! Interior space is good. We are smaller folks but have friends over 6' who have fit comfortably in the back seat. High-enough off of the ground to be able to do light off-roading with no issues! Gas Mileage is a dream!

Suggested Improvements

Sync could use a little work. Our subscription ran out with very little use due to slow response times and somewhat weak voice recognition. Auxillary jack has had issues recognizing devices from day one. It works, but can be spotty at times. Slightly larger gas tank. Even with great mileage the smaller size of the tank necessitates more frequent fill-ups than I would like. Still, it's not a gas guzzler at all!

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

Suggested Improvements

Real working transmissions and consider reports of intermittent issues valid and worth checking.

Don't Listen to Others About the Fiesta
By justin022

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The fiesta's first section of the owner's manual clearly states to SET YOUR ENGINE BY DRIVING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. Since this is a unique type of engine, the first 5000 miles are extremely important in the performance of the car from then on out. This simply means don't accelerate at extremely high speeds, don't drive extremely slow. It's that easy. The engine is a manual-automatic and needs to be set. All of the morons on here complaining about jerky transmission and slow acceleration obviously DIDN'T READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL. It's a great car if you treat it right. At least 38 MPG and it has been very reliable so far. AWESOME.

Favorite Features

The manual-automatic dual-clutch engine, SYNC, voice recognition, MPG, upgraded paint/seats, lights in the back seat, keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

ambient lighting in all models please!

Terrible Engine, do not buy this car
By cremebrulee

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE. I've had more mechanical problems with it then any other car I've owned. Bought it new, and has been making a grinding noise since I bought it. Replaced the clutch and is now in the shop again for the 3rd time, they cannot figure out what the grinding noise is? I don't understand how Ford can get away with this? They are not standing by their product. I've also read, that they were replacing transmissions quietly due to this terrible grinding noise it makes?

Favorite Features

Love the way it handles, the good gas mileage it gets, it is comfortable...fiesty little car on the highway...

Suggested Improvements

Improve the grinding noise the engine makes when going from 55MPH to between 30 - 40 MPH...Needs a console, and also a rear window wiper, along with a trunk opener in the dash. Otherwise, if they corrected the grinding noise it makes, I'd say this car is perfect, but it has got some major mechanical problems that Ford is not standing by.

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.

Good value ... good car
By wyophil

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.

Favorite Features

Handling, mileage, fun-per-dollar ratio, comfort, fairly quiet for a small car. I live in Wyoming, but haven't had any winter-related (snow, ice) problems getting around. Likely would in really deep snow, though.

Suggested Improvements

Somewhat jerky at slow speeds. Takes some getting used to. Fix Sync's voice recognition. Too often it calls the wrong person. More of a classic dash panel would be good. This one seems a little too sci-fi inspired. The heater takes longer to warm up the car than other cars I've had, but works just fine in general.