Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Perfect for any college student
By jphorner

2011 Ford Fiesta S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 20 year old college student and will be commuting 30 minutes away for the next fall semester and needed something that would be reliable and good on gas. I happened across the Fiesta out of curiosity. I never dreamed I could afford a brand new car, the price and value are outstanding. It's attractive and drives wonderfully. The stick adds fun into the drive, and at over 100mph it rode like I was driving 40. The interior is attractive, and even though it lacks the luxury features I don't need any of that and really the only thing I notice I don't have is power windows. The speaker system is great, and necessary for the drive to school. The trunk has a lot of space too. Love this car.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage Fun to Drive Attractive Speakers Trunk Space Interior

Suggested Improvements

Rear Leg Room Center Console Locks on Door

LOVE this little car!
By armydoc115

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm in the Army on Ft Benning, Ga, and I have a roughly 90 mile commute from home to work. My daily driver has been a 2005 Jeep Wrangler with 6" lift and 33" tires. I LOVE my Jeep and won't ever part with it, nor will I ever be without a Jeep, but with 14mpg, gas was killing me. I bought a 2011 Fiesta SE hatch 5 spd, and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed. The European influence is evident in almost every aspect of the car. It's not fast, but it isn't terrbly slow either. It will handle 80mph on the highway like it's a much larger car, and it has plenty of passing power. Gas mileage is wonderful! My average between city/highway is usually 36-38 mpg. It handles great, and sync rocks!

Favorite Features

Favorite features are sync (it took some getting used to, but once you've got it down, it's wonderful), visibility (built in blind spot mirrors were a great touch), overall design, interior and exterior looks, and at 3500 rpm you can FEEL the power kick in. That's the sweet spot. I've only owned Jeeps/Dodge Rams in the past, so I never thought I'd like a car, but I love this Fiesta. I get over 400 miles out of a tank of gas, every time.

Suggested Improvements

This car only needs a few things; a center arm rest (you can buy them aftermarket and they look 100% factory, and they're called Boomerang. $175 on ebay), a shorter throw shifter because the 5 spd has pretty long travel between gears (again, you can buy them aftermarket from Ford and other companies for under $200), volume controls on the steering wheel with the other controls, and a 6 speed standard would be nice. They put a 6th in the auto, so why not the manual? My Jeep Wrangler is a 6 speed and it makes a HUGE difference.

Impressed
By shaffzane

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Only in with 200 miles but I'm impressed with the car so far. Averaging about 34 mpg in town. Dual clutch 6 speed is not a slush-box nor a manual so it takes some getting used to. Nice ride and handling.

Favorite Features

SYNC, mpg's, features for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Armrest although I'm getting used to not having it. Needs sport mode for automatic.

Great little car, excellent value...
By bobby812

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was driving a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL loaded with every possible option. Had mostly driven German cars prior but in 2009 purchased the Ford Fusion. Loved the car but the gas mileage was poor and was looking to down size to get better MPG and cut payments. Looked at all the cars on the market for 2 months. I ended up with the 2011 Ford Fiesta. I have had it for a few weeks and the car is great. Fun to drive, gets about 36 MPG in heavy metropolitian traffic, better on hwy. SYNC system is much improved since 2009 and I love the real time traffic, bluetooth, and turn by turn navigation. Could not be happier as I trippled my MPG, cut payment in half. Safety features are awesome. Way to go FORD!

Favorite Features

SYNC with Bluetooth phone and Bluetooth Audio stream (works seamless with iPhone), Navigation, Car handeling with all it's standard features like ESC, ABS,etc.. Boron Steel Safety Cage, Excellent Gas Mileage. The car feels very solid and responsive at all speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Would like back seat to have a little more leg room. Would like to see a standard center armrest. Glove box could use a light inside due to the low nature of the opening.

Transmission Replaced at 300 miles
By jartiv

2011 Ford Fiesta SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Performance: unless we measure performance with how loud of a scrapping noise the transmission makes, than I give the Fiesta a 1. Comfort: 5'3" Driver, I am not comfortable without an armrest. 5'11" side passenger has seat all the way back. 5'0'' driver can't fit behind 5'11". Value: paid 15k for an SE Sedan with Super Fuel Economy (code for cruise control) and Sync (bluetooth connectivity) and a transmission that made scrapping noise. 1. Interior/Exterior Design: trendy. 4. Build Quality: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1. Reliability: transmission replaced at 300 miles. 1.

Favorite Features

my favorite feature was the loud scrapping noise that the transmission made at 300 miles. awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Up to 299 miles, the car was great. Seriously, awesome. 32mpg in town, 45mpg on the highway. You finally have a car that you can compete with, Ford. With the media taking whacks at the Japanese automakerser, and their factories literally drowning (too soon?) you finally had a chance to jump ahead. But you blew it. Blame Mexico for piecing together that Fiesta of Fail? How many Brazilians does it take to put together a transmission? Doesn't matter, it only takes 1 American customer service representative to make it all better: false. Crap I just bought a car that's going to die within the year. Will someone come pick me up?