2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Fun Car!
By fiestafanatic on 03/09/14 19:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my very first car and I am in love! I have the oxford white SEL trim. The only thing that I have an issue with is the Sync. Apparently, there is a factory defect in the software that causes the entire auxillary unit to go out. My radio still works good though. Other than that it has been a dream. Excellent gas mileage!! Almost 40mpg!!! Moonroof, all of my friends fit in just fine! Highly recommend!

Worst investment ever!!! DONT BUY!!!
By sparlz17 on 05/01/13 00:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august 2010.. my first car i've ever bought and It's been ok for the first 20,000kms.. you have to drive it decently cuz if you drive the RPMS up to much it will give your car problems. I have to say though recently I just had the car in the shop the past 3 weeks for RPM problems.. My car would basically drive itself.. I would sit in first gear at a complete stop and my RPM would revv all the way up to 3000 rpms.. its not a safe car at all. Only thing I would say is good about this car is the gas mileage.. thats about it. 100% DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I cant wait to sell it and get a honda civic and never have to deal with this problem.

DO NOT buy this car!!
By paigelarissa on 05/13/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car brand new in 2010. Didnt have any issues for about 6 months. Then it all happened at once! Ford does not tell you that even if the car is automatic that it has a manuel transmisson. The car is VERlY sluggish! Feels exactly like you are driving a stick shift,also shifts into gear VERY hard.Had to have my car towed to Ford because of my car not driving,just sitting and revving RPM's.got told they updated software.well once i got it back when i would back out of my driveway and go into drive it would shift SO hard that it would jerk my head and body.Ford proceeded to tell me this was a "normal hesitation" because the car has a manuel transmission! im no car expert but i know a

2011 Fiesta SEL Automatic
By jeleki on 08/16/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta because I drive over 100 miles a day and needed something with good gas mileage. I drive city/highway both and about 10 miles a day is backroads and I average 38-40 mpg! This car is fantastic. I have silver color with tinted windows. I opted to have remote start feature and I love it! I have 2 boys (5 and 7) who are big for their ages and they fit in the back seat just fine. I read the reviews about the jerkiness of the automatic but I have not experienced this. I do drive sensibly and do not expect to reach 0-60 in 2 seconds. If you are the type that puts the pedal to the medal and expects to get alot of power in a short time - this car is not for you.

Engine blew up at 4300 miles
By stormy442 on 07/20/11 18:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has 4300 miles and the engine blew up. We called Ford to have it towed into the dealer for repair. 2 days later they called to say the car had been wrecked. No one knew how but since it had no anti freeze in it then, they voided the warranty forcing us to use our insurance. We had both the firefighters write statements on our behalf that at the time they arrived for the car reported as a car fire, they inspected the car completely and it had no damage at all to it other than a blown engine. Ford said they did not care and we would have to prove differently! In my opinion they have forgot the tough times of the past and do not care about continuing customer care after the sale.

Major Mistake for buyers
By kpdvice on 03/07/11 23:16 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a loaded sedan for my wife 3 weeks ago. After doing research and deciding we liked the mileage it got. We averaged about 38 mpg with the car in city / highway combined. Seats were comfortable except everytime we drove it neither of us could walk after about an hour behind the wheel. SNYC system was horrible and complicated to operate. Vehicle has no tow hooks so when it gets stuck in 3 inches of snow you can't yank it out. no way to shut off the traction control system off so when it's stuck in the afore mentioned 3 inches of snow you can't rock it out either. the automatic transmition jerks in and out while driving. This car was so bad we traded it in within a month!!!!

Transmission Gone
By ashley7979 on 01/13/11 14:00 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 1,700 miles, my (automatic) transmission went out. I really picked a winner! lol

Cool little car
By Frisco on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just hit a little over 3000 miles on my fiesta and so far so good. I love the handling and fuel efficiency. My friend who owns a three series BMW was in my car and we had many of the same features (he didn’t have sync or ambient lighting). One problem has been that the usb and auxiliary jack are too close together. Also I would of liked more horsepower. Overall this is a great little car. Great Job Ford

A Winner from Ford
By Chuck01 on 09/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a real fun car. We have the automatic which is a gem. Gear shifts are seamless and the grade assist is really neat. Telescopic steering wheel allows me to get really comfortable. Ford has a winner here.

Great Car
By ma on 08/11/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Was intending to by a honda fit but the fiesta was way more fun to drive.Yes it does not have as much room. But it makes up for that by the way it handles and drives. I have been driving this car to work everyday and I have to say I am very impressed with what Ford has done.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan in WA is:

$173 per month*