2011 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

2011 Fiesta Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Sort Reviews by

Fun Car!
By fiestafanatic

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my very first car and I am in love! I have the oxford white SEL trim. The only thing that I have an issue with is the Sync. Apparently, there is a factory defect in the software that causes the entire auxillary unit to go out. My radio still works good though. Other than that it has been a dream. Excellent gas mileage!! Almost 40mpg!!! Moonroof, all of my friends fit in just fine! Highly recommend!

Favorite Features

Moonroof Easy Controls in the cabin Gas mileage Smooth ride Ambient Color Change Lighting

Suggested Improvements

SYNC

Worst investment ever!!! DONT BUY!!!
By sparlz17

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august 2010.. my first car i've ever bought and It's been ok for the first 20,000kms.. you have to drive it decently cuz if you drive the RPMS up to much it will give your car problems. I have to say though recently I just had the car in the shop the past 3 weeks for RPM problems.. My car would basically drive itself.. I would sit in first gear at a complete stop and my RPM would revv all the way up to 3000 rpms.. its not a safe car at all. Only thing I would say is good about this car is the gas mileage.. thats about it. 100% DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I cant wait to sell it and get a honda civic and never have to deal with this problem.

Favorite Features

Gas, thats it.

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING.. American vehicles are a DO NOT BUY.

DO NOT buy this car!!
By paigelarissa

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car brand new in 2010. Didnt have any issues for about 6 months. Then it all happened at once! Ford does not tell you that even if the car is automatic that it has a manuel transmisson. The car is VERlY sluggish! Feels exactly like you are driving a stick shift,also shifts into gear VERY hard.Had to have my car towed to Ford because of my car not driving,just sitting and revving RPM's.got told they updated software.well once i got it back when i would back out of my driveway and go into drive it would shift SO hard that it would jerk my head and body.Ford proceeded to tell me this was a "normal hesitation" because the car has a manuel transmission! im no car expert but i know a

Favorite Features

car jerking into gear that hard is not normal in any way! It got to the point where they had to have a specialist come look at my car from ford company because they couldnt tell me what was wrong with it! this car is a POS to say the least!!!

2011 Fiesta SEL Automatic
By jeleki

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta because I drive over 100 miles a day and needed something with good gas mileage. I drive city/highway both and about 10 miles a day is backroads and I average 38-40 mpg! This car is fantastic. I have silver color with tinted windows. I opted to have remote start feature and I love it! I have 2 boys (5 and 7) who are big for their ages and they fit in the back seat just fine. I read the reviews about the jerkiness of the automatic but I have not experienced this. I do drive sensibly and do not expect to reach 0-60 in 2 seconds. If you are the type that puts the pedal to the medal and expects to get alot of power in a short time - this car is not for you.

Favorite Features

I LOVE the SYNC feature! The ambient lighting is great and my kids think it is neat and fight over which color to use. Everytime I get behind the wheel, I can't believe I am driving a small compact car - the features available make you feel like it is an expensive mid-sized car. It isn't winter yet, so I don't know how the heated side mirrors will work, but I can't wait to find out. I added the remote start feature after I purchased the car and I LOVE that feature! This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and it appears that I can call myself a Ford lover now!

Suggested Improvements

The front seats need an arm rest and I believe the back seat could use 2 cup holders instead of the one in the center console. When my kids both have drinks, one places his drink in the cup holder and the other has to pass his drink to me to place in the middle cup holder. That is all I can think of.

Engine blew up at 4300 miles
By stormy442

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has 4300 miles and the engine blew up. We called Ford to have it towed into the dealer for repair. 2 days later they called to say the car had been wrecked. No one knew how but since it had no anti freeze in it then, they voided the warranty forcing us to use our insurance. We had both the firefighters write statements on our behalf that at the time they arrived for the car reported as a car fire, they inspected the car completely and it had no damage at all to it other than a blown engine. Ford said they did not care and we would have to prove differently! In my opinion they have forgot the tough times of the past and do not care about continuing customer care after the sale.

Favorite Features

gas milage

Suggested Improvements

Take care of your customers after the sale not just during. It has been so greatly said, The sale of a product does not end once it is paid for, it has just began!

Major Mistake for buyers
By kpdvice

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a loaded sedan for my wife 3 weeks ago. After doing research and deciding we liked the mileage it got. We averaged about 38 mpg with the car in city / highway combined. Seats were comfortable except everytime we drove it neither of us could walk after about an hour behind the wheel. SNYC system was horrible and complicated to operate. Vehicle has no tow hooks so when it gets stuck in 3 inches of snow you can't yank it out. no way to shut off the traction control system off so when it's stuck in the afore mentioned 3 inches of snow you can't rock it out either. the automatic transmition jerks in and out while driving. This car was so bad we traded it in within a month!!!!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage was good for a gas engine, but please Ford bring back the little 4 cylinder diesels you used to have in the early 80's that got better then 60 mpg, they may have been slow to accelerate but who cares with 600 miles on a tank of gas!

Suggested Improvements

Scrap the front seats and try again, put in an arm rest, make the SYNC work as advertised and not so cumbersome to navigate through. Put some tow hooks / recovery points underneath the car. Put a shut off button on the traction control so that stupid thing stays off, especially for icy roads and trying to pull out with traffic coming, nothing like hitting it to get out on a major road and you only can get 1000 RPM with traffic bearing down! Finally get the jerkiness out of the transmission so it actually shifts like it's supposed to!

Transmission Gone
By ashley7979

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After 1,700 miles, my (automatic) transmission went out. I really picked a winner! lol

Cool little car
By Frisco

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Just hit a little over 3000 miles on my fiesta and so far so good. I love the handling and fuel efficiency. My friend who owns a three series BMW was in my car and we had many of the same features (he didnít have sync or ambient lighting). One problem has been that the usb and auxiliary jack are too close together. Also I would of liked more horsepower. Overall this is a great little car. Great Job Ford

Favorite Features

Microsoft sync, heated leather seats (makes a morning drive a joy), ambient lighting, gas mileage, exterior styling , and overall feel of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more storage, auxiliary and usb way to close together and more horsepower

A Winner from Ford
By Chuck01

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a real fun car. We have the automatic which is a gem. Gear shifts are seamless and the grade assist is really neat. Telescopic steering wheel allows me to get really comfortable. Ford has a winner here.

Favorite Features

Telescopic steering, drivers seat is adjustable vertically

Suggested Improvements

Replace console cup holders with an arm rest with a storage box. Needs a bit more rear leg room.

Great Car
By ma

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Was intending to by a honda fit but the fiesta was way more fun to drive.Yes it does not have as much room. But it makes up for that by the way it handles and drives. I have been driving this car to work everyday and I have to say I am very impressed with what Ford has done.

Favorite Features

The fuel economy,the way the car handles,and love the sync option. Fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

A front center armrest.