Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Do Not Buy one of these!!!!!
By Dave

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Fiesta new in 2011. The auto clutch and transmission have been a NIGHTMARE!!!! It is again at the dealership (day 9 right now) with transmission issues. This is the 4th time in 4 years that it has had the transmission worked on!!!

2011 Ford Fiesta with Dual Clutch Manual Auto Trans in Blue Flame
By grandma1961

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my car! Bought used in 2013 and 2 months later took a trip from No. KY to TN and then on to LA and then back. For the first leg of the trip, I filled before leaving home, went about 150 miles to pick up Dad, then on to TN another 250. All up and down hills, and ONE tank of fuel! I was speechless! Yes, that transmission takes a little to get used to. Thought something was wrong with it UNTIL I read the owner's manual. You just have to LISTEN to the shifting to get it right. If you accelerate moderately, you won't get that jerky feeling. I could not be happier with it. I drive over 100 miles a day and gas mileage is great. Started with 23K miles and now over 65K on it.

Love the speedy transmission. Once you get used to it, it really can do amazing things! Also, that Traction/Stability/Slide control. When turned off, you will fishtail in gravel. With it on, it drives like a dream.

I can't think of any, except enlarging the back seat so passengers are more comfy.

LEMON! LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORD FOR TRANSMISSION CONCERNS
By lauren_nicole

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

By far the worst investment I've ever made. I've literally lost track of how many times I've taken in this car for the transmission (It's actually in the shop right now and has been for over a month because there is such a high demand for these parts, they went on a national backorder!!) I filed a lawsuit with a lemon law attorney about a year ago. Ford offered me a settlement of $6,000 but I countered and they refused. The judge approved a mediation hearing and it's scheduled for the end of this month. Can't wait to get my money back and get rid of this thing! Anyone thinking about investing in this POS, save yourself the time, money and headache.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Good gas mileage

Start over

Good car
By stephen_c

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Small blind-spot mirrors mounted on each side-view mirrow make for great visibility. HUGE trunk for the size of the car (Sedan)! Interior space is good. We are smaller folks but have friends over 6' who have fit comfortably in the back seat. High-enough off of the ground to be able to do light off-roading with no issues! Gas Mileage is a dream!

Sync could use a little work. Our subscription ran out with very little use due to slow response times and somewhat weak voice recognition. Auxillary jack has had issues recognizing devices from day one. It works, but can be spotty at times. Slightly larger gas tank. Even with great mileage the smaller size of the tank necessitates more frequent fill-ups than I would like. Still, it's not a gas guzzler at all!