Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

2011 Ford Fiesta with Dual Clutch Manual Auto Trans in Blue Flame
By grandma1961

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my car! Bought used in 2013 and 2 months later took a trip from No. KY to TN and then on to LA and then back. For the first leg of the trip, I filled before leaving home, went about 150 miles to pick up Dad, then on to TN another 250. All up and down hills, and ONE tank of fuel! I was speechless! Yes, that transmission takes a little to get used to. Thought something was wrong with it UNTIL I read the owner's manual. You just have to LISTEN to the shifting to get it right. If you accelerate moderately, you won't get that jerky feeling. I could not be happier with it. I drive over 100 miles a day and gas mileage is great. Started with 23K miles and now over 65K on it.

Favorite Features

Love the speedy transmission. Once you get used to it, it really can do amazing things! Also, that Traction/Stability/Slide control. When turned off, you will fishtail in gravel. With it on, it drives like a dream.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any, except enlarging the back seat so passengers are more comfy.

LEMON! LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORD FOR TRANSMISSION CONCERNS
By lauren_nicole

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

By far the worst investment I've ever made. I've literally lost track of how many times I've taken in this car for the transmission (It's actually in the shop right now and has been for over a month because there is such a high demand for these parts, they went on a national backorder!!) I filed a lawsuit with a lemon law attorney about a year ago. Ford offered me a settlement of $6,000 but I countered and they refused. The judge approved a mediation hearing and it's scheduled for the end of this month. Can't wait to get my money back and get rid of this thing! Anyone thinking about investing in this POS, save yourself the time, money and headache.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Start over

Good car
By stephen_c

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Favorite Features

Small blind-spot mirrors mounted on each side-view mirrow make for great visibility. HUGE trunk for the size of the car (Sedan)! Interior space is good. We are smaller folks but have friends over 6' who have fit comfortably in the back seat. High-enough off of the ground to be able to do light off-roading with no issues! Gas Mileage is a dream!

Suggested Improvements

Sync could use a little work. Our subscription ran out with very little use due to slow response times and somewhat weak voice recognition. Auxillary jack has had issues recognizing devices from day one. It works, but can be spotty at times. Slightly larger gas tank. Even with great mileage the smaller size of the tank necessitates more frequent fill-ups than I would like. Still, it's not a gas guzzler at all!

Don't Listen to Others About the Fiesta
By justin022

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The fiesta's first section of the owner's manual clearly states to SET YOUR ENGINE BY DRIVING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. Since this is a unique type of engine, the first 5000 miles are extremely important in the performance of the car from then on out. This simply means don't accelerate at extremely high speeds, don't drive extremely slow. It's that easy. The engine is a manual-automatic and needs to be set. All of the morons on here complaining about jerky transmission and slow acceleration obviously DIDN'T READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL. It's a great car if you treat it right. At least 38 MPG and it has been very reliable so far. AWESOME.

Favorite Features

The manual-automatic dual-clutch engine, SYNC, voice recognition, MPG, upgraded paint/seats, lights in the back seat, keyless entry.

Suggested Improvements

ambient lighting in all models please!