Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Fun Car!
By fiestafanatic

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my very first car and I am in love! I have the oxford white SEL trim. The only thing that I have an issue with is the Sync. Apparently, there is a factory defect in the software that causes the entire auxillary unit to go out. My radio still works good though. Other than that it has been a dream. Excellent gas mileage!! Almost 40mpg!!! Moonroof, all of my friends fit in just fine! Highly recommend!

Moonroof Easy Controls in the cabin Gas mileage Smooth ride Ambient Color Change Lighting

SYNC

Worst investment ever!!! DONT BUY!!!
By sparlz17

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august 2010.. my first car i've ever bought and It's been ok for the first 20,000kms.. you have to drive it decently cuz if you drive the RPMS up to much it will give your car problems. I have to say though recently I just had the car in the shop the past 3 weeks for RPM problems.. My car would basically drive itself.. I would sit in first gear at a complete stop and my RPM would revv all the way up to 3000 rpms.. its not a safe car at all. Only thing I would say is good about this car is the gas mileage.. thats about it. 100% DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I cant wait to sell it and get a honda civic and never have to deal with this problem.

Gas, thats it.

EVERYTHING.. American vehicles are a DO NOT BUY.

DO NOT buy this car!!
By paigelarissa

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought this car brand new in 2010. Didnt have any issues for about 6 months. Then it all happened at once! Ford does not tell you that even if the car is automatic that it has a manuel transmisson. The car is VERlY sluggish! Feels exactly like you are driving a stick shift,also shifts into gear VERY hard.Had to have my car towed to Ford because of my car not driving,just sitting and revving RPM's.got told they updated software.well once i got it back when i would back out of my driveway and go into drive it would shift SO hard that it would jerk my head and body.Ford proceeded to tell me this was a "normal hesitation" because the car has a manuel transmission! im no car expert but i know a

car jerking into gear that hard is not normal in any way! It got to the point where they had to have a specialist come look at my car from ford company because they couldnt tell me what was wrong with it! this car is a POS to say the least!!!

2011 Fiesta SEL Automatic
By jeleki

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiesta because I drive over 100 miles a day and needed something with good gas mileage. I drive city/highway both and about 10 miles a day is backroads and I average 38-40 mpg! This car is fantastic. I have silver color with tinted windows. I opted to have remote start feature and I love it! I have 2 boys (5 and 7) who are big for their ages and they fit in the back seat just fine. I read the reviews about the jerkiness of the automatic but I have not experienced this. I do drive sensibly and do not expect to reach 0-60 in 2 seconds. If you are the type that puts the pedal to the medal and expects to get alot of power in a short time - this car is not for you.

I LOVE the SYNC feature! The ambient lighting is great and my kids think it is neat and fight over which color to use. Everytime I get behind the wheel, I can't believe I am driving a small compact car - the features available make you feel like it is an expensive mid-sized car. It isn't winter yet, so I don't know how the heated side mirrors will work, but I can't wait to find out. I added the remote start feature after I purchased the car and I LOVE that feature! This is the first Ford that I have ever owned and it appears that I can call myself a Ford lover now!

The front seats need an arm rest and I believe the back seat could use 2 cup holders instead of the one in the center console. When my kids both have drinks, one places his drink in the cup holder and the other has to pass his drink to me to place in the middle cup holder. That is all I can think of.

Engine blew up at 4300 miles
By stormy442

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car has 4300 miles and the engine blew up. We called Ford to have it towed into the dealer for repair. 2 days later they called to say the car had been wrecked. No one knew how but since it had no anti freeze in it then, they voided the warranty forcing us to use our insurance. We had both the firefighters write statements on our behalf that at the time they arrived for the car reported as a car fire, they inspected the car completely and it had no damage at all to it other than a blown engine. Ford said they did not care and we would have to prove differently! In my opinion they have forgot the tough times of the past and do not care about continuing customer care after the sale.

gas milage

Take care of your customers after the sale not just during. It has been so greatly said, The sale of a product does not end once it is paid for, it has just began!