2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
2011 Ford Fiesta with Dual Clutch Manual Auto Trans in Blue Flame
By grandma1961 on 08/12/14 07:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE my car! Bought used in 2013 and 2 months later took a trip from No. KY to TN and then on to LA and then back. For the first leg of the trip, I filled before leaving home, went about 150 miles to pick up Dad, then on to TN another 250. All up and down hills, and ONE tank of fuel! I was speechless! Yes, that transmission takes a little to get used to. Thought something was wrong with it UNTIL I read the owner's manual. You just have to LISTEN to the shifting to get it right. If you accelerate moderately, you won't get that jerky feeling. I could not be happier with it. I drive over 100 miles a day and gas mileage is great. Started with 23K miles and now over 65K on it.

LEMON! LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORD FOR TRANSMISSION CONCERNS
By lauren_nicole on 05/09/13 15:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

By far the worst investment I've ever made. I've literally lost track of how many times I've taken in this car for the transmission (It's actually in the shop right now and has been for over a month because there is such a high demand for these parts, they went on a national backorder!!) I filed a lawsuit with a lemon law attorney about a year ago. Ford offered me a settlement of $6,000 but I countered and they refused. The judge approved a mediation hearing and it's scheduled for the end of this month. Can't wait to get my money back and get rid of this thing! Anyone thinking about investing in this POS, save yourself the time, money and headache.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2 on 03/02/13 00:29 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Good car
By stephen_c on 02/23/13 09:34 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Don't Listen to Others About the Fiesta
By justin022 on 02/12/13 13:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The fiesta's first section of the owner's manual clearly states to SET YOUR ENGINE BY DRIVING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. Since this is a unique type of engine, the first 5000 miles are extremely important in the performance of the car from then on out. This simply means don't accelerate at extremely high speeds, don't drive extremely slow. It's that easy. The engine is a manual-automatic and needs to be set. All of the morons on here complaining about jerky transmission and slow acceleration obviously DIDN'T READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL. It's a great car if you treat it right. At least 38 MPG and it has been very reliable so far. AWESOME.

Terrible Engine, do not buy this car
By cremebrulee on 01/08/13 04:57 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE. I've had more mechanical problems with it then any other car I've owned. Bought it new, and has been making a grinding noise since I bought it. Replaced the clutch and is now in the shop again for the 3rd time, they cannot figure out what the grinding noise is? I don't understand how Ford can get away with this? They are not standing by their product. I've also read, that they were replacing transmissions quietly due to this terrible grinding noise it makes?

Good value ... good car
By wyophil on 11/05/12 10:38 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.

DO NOT BUY!
By mws5535 on 10/23/12 05:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I might as well copy and paste the many comments I on here as mine as the same. We've had the car for a year and all of the same issues are happening - 'transmission' or 'clutch system' replaced, shifting issues, been in the shop, going back in now because it just won't turn over - it is like owning a wind up toy. BUY FOREIGN CARS ONLY! AMERICAN VEHICLES...AND I HAVE OWNED A FEW...SUCK!!! My 2007 Hyundai has been a great car. [non-permissible content removed.]

Bad car to buy
By stran00 on 08/29/12 23:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Car is very small inside. Driver side window won't roll up all the way after one year. I will bring back to the dealer this weekend and see what happen. I was thinking of supporting American economy by buying this brand new Ford Fiesta 2011. But the quality are disappointing.

Horrible Car
By fiestaflop on 05/10/12 05:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Why are there no reviews of this vehicle since July 2011?? Why does nearly every post mention significant problems with the vehicles transmission, including complete replacement in less than 5,000 miles yet all the reviews give the car 3 stars?? Overal rating 4 stars?? I bought this car for my 18 year old daughter. Ford has already replaced the transmission once for the same issues being reported by many other owners. Now they are trying to say the grinding noizses and extremely rough shifting is "normal". Do not buy this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*