Used 2011 Ford Fiesta S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Transmission is dangerous
By Erin Grey

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The transmission just slipped out of the blue while I was on the highway! We had had some problems before - weird things like the battery died when it was just a couple years old (we didn't leave a light on or anything, it just died). Then the car would sometimes stall when coming to a stop. But nobody could tell us what was wrong, and they all thought I was crazy. This latest highway fiasco is the end for me though. So dangerous! Plus now the clutch is shot. Neither the dealership nor Ford will cover the clutch. This is crazy! This car is dangerous.

Good car...especially for the money
By qwerty14

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2011 Fiesta with 68K miles and I have experienced NO issues at all. The car drives fine and for the price(<$15K) you can’t beat it. Need I remind all of the Fiesta bashers.... this is not a high end $20K+ car. You get what you pay for and for less than $15K, this is a nice car. The only thing I have done to the car so far with 68K miles is oil changes and one set of tires. As far as the transmission is concerned, yes Ford has used a manual-automatic transmission and you simply need to get used to it. The “jerky” transmission that many have complained about is because you don’t have a feel for the car. You can’t come to a complete stop and then try to give it gas right away.

You need to either ease into the turn and “gently” accelerate, or come to a complete stop and again “gently” accelerate or you will get jerked around. It is a matter of getting the feel of this over time. I have an automatic transmission. Gas mileage is incredible.... 36 in normal everyday driving in town and I just got 42 on a recent hwy trip. The interior fit and finish is nice for a less than $15K car and is as good as a number of $20K+ cars.

My First Car
By rockintheford

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. I've always bought used cars from toyota's to porsche's but none of them impressed me until my ford aspire with 200,000 miles on it. Ford dealers were AWESOME every need met and got a great price for my Fiesta S 5speed manual trans under $10,000. I've been driving this vehicle for over a year now. 16,000 miles on it and I still gloat over it. Handles great in any weather, gets the same fuel economy as my motorcycle (38-43mpg) and surprisingly comfortable. Ford built a great car here. No regrets or complaints.

Overall design of the vehicle looks expensive. Traction control and ABS brakes work flawless. Quite for such a small vehicle, barely no wind noise. Huge trunk and plenty of room in the drivers seat. Sporty if you keep the RPMs up.

Rears seats are small, but you dont buy a sub-compact for leg room in the rear seats you are looking for fuel economy. No other complaints at this moment.

Ford or Hyundai the MPG is about the same
By roadwarriorlt

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have an S 4 door with an automatic and drive 78 miles one way to work plus 100 miles of city making calls each day, so I got the car to cut my daily gas cost. At the same time I was looking at a Hyundai Elantra which another sales person picked up for basically the same price as we both purchased pre-owned with 5k to 7k miles on the cars. I bring this up because Ford says 37 mpg for the automatic on the car and Hyundai says 40 mpg. Well after more than 1,100 miles and 3 tanks of gas. I'm at 36.46 mpg and the Hyundai is at 37.10 mpg so the MPG are pretty close to the same.

The biggest difference in the Hyundai and the Ford is comfort. The Hyundai comes with power windows and an armrest for the driver standard in the base model, not the Ford. As a 6 ft 240lb guy with some old back issues it takes me 20 minutes to get the blood flow back in my lt leg and hip when I crawl out of my Ford. I can not rest my are or adjust my position without the rest so I find myseld pushing up off the hand brake. Not a comfortable ride compared to the Hyundai, both are 3 in to low in my opinion to the ground and both seats are not comfortable, but being able to adjust your postion with an elbow and not taking your hands off the wheel is a important. Buy a butt cushion to dive

Perfect for any college student
By jphorner

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a 20 year old college student and will be commuting 30 minutes away for the next fall semester and needed something that would be reliable and good on gas. I happened across the Fiesta out of curiosity. I never dreamed I could afford a brand new car, the price and value are outstanding. It's attractive and drives wonderfully. The stick adds fun into the drive, and at over 100mph it rode like I was driving 40. The interior is attractive, and even though it lacks the luxury features I don't need any of that and really the only thing I notice I don't have is power windows. The speaker system is great, and necessary for the drive to school. The trunk has a lot of space too. Love this car.

Gas Mileage Fun to Drive Attractive Speakers Trunk Space Interior