2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Fun Car!
By fiestafanatic on 03/09/14 19:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car is my very first car and I am in love! I have the oxford white SEL trim. The only thing that I have an issue with is the Sync. Apparently, there is a factory defect in the software that causes the entire auxillary unit to go out. My radio still works good though. Other than that it has been a dream. Excellent gas mileage!! Almost 40mpg!!! Moonroof, all of my friends fit in just fine! Highly recommend!

Good car...especially for the money
By qwerty14 on 07/26/13 11:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2011 Fiesta with 68K miles and I have experienced NO issues at all. The car drives fine and for the price(<$15K) you can’t beat it. Need I remind all of the Fiesta bashers.... this is not a high end $20K+ car. You get what you pay for and for less than $15K, this is a nice car. The only thing I have done to the car so far with 68K miles is oil changes and one set of tires. As far as the transmission is concerned, yes Ford has used a manual-automatic transmission and you simply need to get used to it. The “jerky” transmission that many have complained about is because you don’t have a feel for the car. You can’t come to a complete stop and then try to give it gas right away.

LEMON! LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORD FOR TRANSMISSION CONCERNS
By lauren_nicole on 05/09/13 15:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

By far the worst investment I've ever made. I've literally lost track of how many times I've taken in this car for the transmission (It's actually in the shop right now and has been for over a month because there is such a high demand for these parts, they went on a national backorder!!) I filed a lawsuit with a lemon law attorney about a year ago. Ford offered me a settlement of $6,000 but I countered and they refused. The judge approved a mediation hearing and it's scheduled for the end of this month. Can't wait to get my money back and get rid of this thing! Anyone thinking about investing in this POS, save yourself the time, money and headache.

Worst investment ever!!! DONT BUY!!!
By sparlz17 on 05/01/13 00:34 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august 2010.. my first car i've ever bought and It's been ok for the first 20,000kms.. you have to drive it decently cuz if you drive the RPMS up to much it will give your car problems. I have to say though recently I just had the car in the shop the past 3 weeks for RPM problems.. My car would basically drive itself.. I would sit in first gear at a complete stop and my RPM would revv all the way up to 3000 rpms.. its not a safe car at all. Only thing I would say is good about this car is the gas mileage.. thats about it. 100% DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!! I cant wait to sell it and get a honda civic and never have to deal with this problem.

Dont buy this car!
By maxmandd2 on 03/02/13 00:29 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The first 10000 miles were fine ...it gets good gas mileage on the road, however it was downhill from there...Brakes grinded and front end bumped while turning the steering wheel ...every month it had increasingly poor accelleration and worst of all this car was unsafe. Often the manual transmission would not go into reverse and then it quickly got to where it would not shift from second gear to third while getting on freeways. I almost got rear-ended several times. Rather than have this junk pile worked on I traded it off after one year while it was still under warranty. Buy a Toyota instead!

Good car
By stephen_c on 02/23/13 09:34 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered new from the factory in 2010, the vehicle now has 51004 miles on it as of this morning, with 27k being HARD miles driven while using it for a courier job that I had. My wife and I have made a 2500 mile round-trip journey with this vehicle, driving 23+ hours each way non-stop, and I can speak for the comfort of the front seats. After all of the things this vehicle has been through we have had only one mechanical issue, a leaky front right boot, and nothing else. Regular maintenance has done the trick. We have the 6-speed auto. Would recommend this vehicle! Great gas mileage (36+ mixed daily driving), reliable, fun to drive. My wife and I have driven this vehicle off-road :P

Don't Listen to Others About the Fiesta
By justin022 on 02/12/13 13:13 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The fiesta's first section of the owner's manual clearly states to SET YOUR ENGINE BY DRIVING AT NORMAL SPEEDS. Since this is a unique type of engine, the first 5000 miles are extremely important in the performance of the car from then on out. This simply means don't accelerate at extremely high speeds, don't drive extremely slow. It's that easy. The engine is a manual-automatic and needs to be set. All of the morons on here complaining about jerky transmission and slow acceleration obviously DIDN'T READ THE OWNER'S MANUAL. It's a great car if you treat it right. At least 38 MPG and it has been very reliable so far. AWESOME.

Terrible Engine, do not buy this car
By cremebrulee on 01/08/13 04:57 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2011 Ford Fiesta SE. I've had more mechanical problems with it then any other car I've owned. Bought it new, and has been making a grinding noise since I bought it. Replaced the clutch and is now in the shop again for the 3rd time, they cannot figure out what the grinding noise is? I don't understand how Ford can get away with this? They are not standing by their product. I've also read, that they were replacing transmissions quietly due to this terrible grinding noise it makes?

Good value ... good car
By wyophil on 11/05/12 10:38 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for about a year and a half. Bought with 6,500 miles on it. Great mpg in town and on the highway, usually ranging 37-44. Mine is an automatic (review menu didn't give me that option here). I am a little skittish about the transmission given what I've heard and read, but no problems here. I don't drive it too hard; no jack-rabbit starts. Comfortable, pretty decent leg room. Back seats wouldn't be good for a long trip. Trunk is very roomy. Handles really well, even after 18K miles. Sync is so-so. Pairing, voice quality all above average, but voice recognition is sub-par. Often misinterprets what it's told to do. Fit, finish are good, but console seems plasticky. Overall a 4 of 5.

DO NOT BUY!
By mws5535 on 10/23/12 05:40 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I might as well copy and paste the many comments I on here as mine as the same. We've had the car for a year and all of the same issues are happening - 'transmission' or 'clutch system' replaced, shifting issues, been in the shop, going back in now because it just won't turn over - it is like owning a wind up toy. BUY FOREIGN CARS ONLY! AMERICAN VEHICLES...AND I HAVE OWNED A FEW...SUCK!!! My 2007 Hyundai has been a great car. [non-permissible content removed.]

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*