2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Not one of Ford's Better Ideas!
By godzilla1957 on 07/20/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Though the SES is very sharp looking, gets pretty good MPG (though a friend's TDI Passat at twice the size gets just as good MPG) it has many flaws and I honestly wish I hadn't bought this car. The 6 speed auto trans had to be reprogrammed, I'm reading about those who had to get new trans and I'm nervous since I'm 2K miles out of warrantee. I can't enter or exit a driveway with any grade without scraping. I can't see though the back window due to the read hear rests, no center console creates right arm fatigue. The AC vents blow right on my hands creating aches. At 5'11" I sit way too low, the back seat is basically worthless and SYNC is an abomination. I'm an unhappy camper.

my 2011 fiesta(cockroach)
By cockroach2 on 07/01/13 11:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no issues with it, love it. For me it runs great. I have no regrets. I do accelerate hard now after first 1000 miles. I have 15k on it now.

LEMON DO NOT BUY
By stevienae on 06/30/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta in August of 2010. It is an automatic, not manual transmission. Within a month it was back at Ford with transmission issues and has continued to have problems despite at least 10 trips to the Ford Shop. I was told by Ford Engineer that it must be the way I was driving it. They felt I was breaking with my left foot with my foot not completely off the gas. I do not break with my left foot. I just had it voluntarily repossessed as I cannot in good conscious sell it to somebody. This was after the New Car Lemon Law process and denied, I offered to walk away from it and have the dealer resell it and laughed at for being upside down when asked to trade it in.

Love My 2011 Fiesta SES
By jimies on 05/23/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of driving in the City. I wanted a car that was easy to park and drive in tight places. This car works perfect in these situations. The heated seats, push button start and the Sync system are all nice pluses. To date I have just over 37,000 trouble free miles on this car.

Ford Fiesta SES (2011)
By maristy on 01/17/12 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I agree and fully enforce edmonds review of this vehicle. I decided to write this review because my previous car was a 2008 Ford Edge SEL and I NEVER thought I would move to a sub compact. I am 6'0 ft tall. The very first time I sat in it I was completely comfortable. I am a stickler for arm and leg room. I don't like feeling squished at all. This car has a big car feel, more fuel value and a lower mo. payment! I did not want to compromise my safety or comfort. My black (w. sparkles) Fiesta came with preferred options like heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting and folding rear seats that extend the trunk space considerably. Needless to say it fits a lot more than I expected. Great car!

Hate my Fiesta
By hatemyfiesta on 06/22/11 01:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Fiesta hatchback for 2 months now. The Sync system is a joke. The only part of it that works 50% of the time is syncing my Ipod. None of the voice commands listed in the owners manual work except the initial sync. The transmission jerks while shifting if I'm driving below 30 miles per hour. I have 2,000 miles on my car and I have to take it into the dealer to have the software on 3 of the cars computers updated. I can only imagine what awaits me down the road regarding the computers. Gas milage is cut by 8 mpg unless I go through a long process to disengage the traction control every time I start the car.

2011 Yellow Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES Automatic
By ceg1001 on 04/02/11 10:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 08 Ford Mustang, to save some money on car payments and Gas. I have not been dissapointed. This car has the best MPG I have seen in any car. I do 40 mpg in the highway and 33 mgp in the city, versus 19 mpg with the Mustang. The car came with SYNC, Ambience Lighting, Sirius radio, and Cruise Control. The car handles rather well on the highway, you get the feeling that you are driving a midsize sedan. As far as interior space, I can fit two car seats in the back and drive comfortably in the front. The trunk space is decent. I would recommend that the add an armrest on the driver's side. I was aprehensive with giving up my Mustang, but I am now certain that I did the right choice

7500 Miles in my Fiesta Hatchback w/automatic
By haulsalot on 03/27/11 15:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Fiesta Hatchback new in November as an around town and commuting car. My drive is 38 miles each way with a mix of two lane road, suburban traffic, and I-95. On any given day, the 18 miles on 1-95 can be wide open or grinding traffic. After 4 months, I couldn't be happier with the Fiesta. It is fun to drive, quiet, full of cool features, very comfortable. So far I have had no issues of any sort with the car and pretty much everything about it is better than expected. The Sync system with Sirius is terrific, working flawlessly over Bluetooth with my Blackberry. I have owned quite a few new cars and the Fiesta compares favorably with my Honda Fit and Toyota/Pont Vibe.

Fun car!
By alliemn on 02/26/11 12:39 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 5-door automatic SES with the yellow paint, and I love it! It's zippy and fun to drive. I get lots of compliments on my car. It's been winter in MN for the whole time I've owned my Fiesta so far, and the car heats up quickly and starts just fine in the cold, though it helps to let it run for couple minutes before driving. I haven't had any trouble driving in the snow.

Fiesta Wins Hands Down
By snowcrash7 on 01/17/11 08:06 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove 3 cars last week. A Mazda 2, which had the dash pressed up against my left knee and smelled of burnt oil after doing 70 on the highway. The Honda Fit Sport, which really surprised me on the highway. I had it at 70 and the engine was over reving, like it wanted to be shifted into a higher gear. I was looking for an over drive button but the dealer who was also in the car said it didnt have one. That was a shocker.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback in VA is:

$111 per month*