Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Nothing but problems with my Fiesta
By Erin

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I feel completely duped by the dealer and Ford. I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta (auto transmission) in April of 2014. It was fine for the first 6 months or so, but started developing an increasingly apparent shudder of the transmission when I would start moving from a stopped position. I eventually took it in and they adjusted the computer. It was good for a while, but the shudder came back, so I took it in again and they adjusted some air seal which again made the shudder stop. A few months later it was back, and worse than ever. My father (retired certified auto mechanic) told me he didn't want me driving it; he was worried about my safety. I took my Fiesta in AGAIN, in November; this was about a year and a half after I bought it, and they replaced the clutch. Again, the shudder went away, and again, 6 months later it's back.
Now I've had a wrench light come on and a message pops up on my display that says "Engine Failure, Service Now". So again, today I've dropped off this car for service. I've had this car for two years, and it's been nothing but trouble. I shouldn't feel like my 4 year old car is unreliable, but I do. I worry about long distance trips. Like another person said, I can't sell this car. I can't put another person through what I've gone through. I feel like I'm stuck with this unreliable POS until my load is paid off and I can trade it in for something better. Most likely a Honda. Ford has provided a very poor product to consumers and has done almost nothing but put bandaids on the problem, there is no real solution. So all of us suckers who bought these Fiestas are just out of luck.
I will most likely never buy a Ford again. I don't even get a loaner vehicle from my dealer when my car is in the shop because they only give out loaners to people who bought NEW cars from them. Because I bought it used I don't deserve the same level of treatment.

I wouldn't suggest this car.
By Paul Jarrels

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awful transmission problems, Ive already had it replaced along with the clutch and its under 70k miles. Bluetooth wont connect most of the time and parts literally fall off. Its a goodlooking car but thats about all it has going for it.

Absolute garbage car
By British guy

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not sure why the highlighted review indicates 4+ out of 5 stars.
I bought this care used with 11.000 miles, previously owned by an 84 year old lady. It shuddered so badly that it would reverberate your voice when talking. It's shifting sounds like a tool box rolling down concrete stairs. It accelerates slower than the 18 wheeler I drive for a living.
Please don't buy this car, it will be more than a regret and a gigantic headache.

IT TRIED TO KILL ME, TWICE!!
By Laurie

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

You are taking your life in your hands when you buy this car! Not to mention the drivers around you. This car, a.k.a. killer should be on a recall list NOW! This "car" stalled on me, had it "fixed" and today (3 months later), I was almost ran over by an 18 wheeler because it stalled in heavy traffic. Luckily, both time I was able to roll off the road within seconds of my life. It is now at a Ford dealer, and with any luck,I'll be re-united with this piece of crap in 3 months, yes 3 months! I finally got them to let me have a loaner car since I have to travel to my doctor. How nice of them! I have contacted every agencies I could find and reported this car. If somebody hasn't died yet while driving this car....they will soon. Just pray it doesn't take some other poor drivers and their families with them. Ford has to step up NOW!.

Not reliable
By cpearsall

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do not recommend anyone purchase this vehicle. Despite research that informed me that there were transmission issues, I went with good faith that the car would perform well, so I purchased the vehicle. It had 17,500 miles on it and the second day I had it in my possession, the engine malfunctioned - forcing me to pull over on the side of the road. I am not getting this vehicle again. If this happened on the second day I had it with barely any miles on it, I can only imagine what may happen months down the line. DO NOT PURCHASE. The specks inside the vehicle does not make up for the car breaking down on the beltway!