Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Nothing but problems with my Fiesta
By Erin

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I feel completely duped by the dealer and Ford. I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta (auto transmission) in April of 2014. It was fine for the first 6 months or so, but started developing an increasingly apparent shudder of the transmission when I would start moving from a stopped position. I eventually took it in and they adjusted the computer. It was good for a while, but the shudder came back, so I took it in again and they adjusted some air seal which again made the shudder stop. A few months later it was back, and worse than ever. My father (retired certified auto mechanic) told me he didn't want me driving it; he was worried about my safety. I took my Fiesta in AGAIN, in November; this was about a year and a half after I bought it, and they replaced the clutch. Again, the shudder went away, and again, 6 months later it's back.
Now I've had a wrench light come on and a message pops up on my display that says "Engine Failure, Service Now". So again, today I've dropped off this car for service. I've had this car for two years, and it's been nothing but trouble. I shouldn't feel like my 4 year old car is unreliable, but I do. I worry about long distance trips. Like another person said, I can't sell this car. I can't put another person through what I've gone through. I feel like I'm stuck with this unreliable POS until my load is paid off and I can trade it in for something better. Most likely a Honda. Ford has provided a very poor product to consumers and has done almost nothing but put bandaids on the problem, there is no real solution. So all of us suckers who bought these Fiestas are just out of luck.
I will most likely never buy a Ford again. I don't even get a loaner vehicle from my dealer when my car is in the shop because they only give out loaners to people who bought NEW cars from them. Because I bought it used I don't deserve the same level of treatment.

I wouldn't suggest this car.
By Paul Jarrels

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awful transmission problems, Ive already had it replaced along with the clutch and its under 70k miles. Bluetooth wont connect most of the time and parts literally fall off. Its a goodlooking car but thats about all it has going for it.

IT TRIED TO KILL ME, TWICE!!
By Laurie

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

You are taking your life in your hands when you buy this car! Not to mention the drivers around you. This car, a.k.a. killer should be on a recall list NOW! This "car" stalled on me, had it "fixed" and today (3 months later), I was almost ran over by an 18 wheeler because it stalled in heavy traffic. Luckily, both time I was able to roll off the road within seconds of my life. It is now at a Ford dealer, and with any luck,I'll be re-united with this piece of crap in 3 months, yes 3 months! I finally got them to let me have a loaner car since I have to travel to my doctor. How nice of them! I have contacted every agencies I could find and reported this car. If somebody hasn't died yet while driving this car....they will soon. Just pray it doesn't take some other poor drivers and their families with them. Ford has to step up NOW!.

2011 Fiesta falling apart
By jackflaq

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've run into problem after problem with this car.
- The front passenger door latch spring broke so that the latch mechanism had to be replaced. Ford sent out a recall for certain vehicles about this, but mine does not appear to be included.
- The engine stalls out when coming to a stop or going up a hill (has died in stop & go traffic on the highway).
- The clutch misbehaves and causes the car to engine to shudder/sputter.
- The turn signal lever broke so that it does not reset after making a turn.
- The steering wheel media control buttons fell off after minimal use
- Sync has random issues with reading ipod media.

The build quality is just poor.

The Sync system is great when it works. Bluetooth makes

- There's only one door lock control in the whole car, and it's a flimsy button. - Build quality is just poor. All sorts of parts large and small have broken and the car is only 4 years old.

A good buy in my opinion
By az_sports_fan

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES automatic hatchback for about two years now. I will give a few reasons why I would buy it again.
My payment for a next-to-new car was reasonable & it's good on gas. My car now has about 83K miles. (When I purchased the car it had about 35K) I have had only one major repair (the back passenger door wouldn't stay closed.) It was $450 to fix that. I love the inside design-it looks nice & is functional. I recently rented a 2013 Nissan Maxima for a trip. I was surprised to find the Nissan had no USB charger & no bluetooth. The only things I don't like is the shifting at low speeds & the lack of power.

I love the Bluetooth, the USB port for charging my cell phone, the radio display shows more info. than other car radios. (Like song title, artist name things like that.) The ambient lighting is nice. I also love the five cup holders it has in the front seat area alone. Sync is also one of my fav. features, it seems to work well most of the time for me. It's also very roomy for a small car. My brother is 6 ft. 2 inches tall & he fits in the car comfortably.

dislikes- it doesn't have a panic alarm on the key fob. It doesn't have a center console to store things out of eyesight or arm rest. The small compartments meant to hold stuff are not big enough to hold an I phone or sunglasses. No dry cleaning hooks to hang clothes on. They key is very expensive to duplicate.