Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Not reliable
By cpearsall

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do not recommend anyone purchase this vehicle. Despite research that informed me that there were transmission issues, I went with good faith that the car would perform well, so I purchased the vehicle. It had 17,500 miles on it and the second day I had it in my possession, the engine malfunctioned - forcing me to pull over on the side of the road. I am not getting this vehicle again. If this happened on the second day I had it with barely any miles on it, I can only imagine what may happen months down the line. DO NOT PURCHASE. The specks inside the vehicle does not make up for the car breaking down on the beltway!

2011 Fiesta falling apart
By jackflaq

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've run into problem after problem with this car. - The front passenger door latch spring broke so that the latch mechanism had to be replaced. Ford sent out a recall for certain vehicles about this, but mine does not appear to be included. - The engine stalls out when coming to a stop or going up a hill (has died in stop & go traffic on the highway). - The clutch misbehaves and causes the car to engine to shudder/sputter. - The turn signal lever broke so that it does not reset after making a turn. - The steering wheel media control buttons fell off after minimal use - Sync has random issues with reading ipod media. The build quality is just poor.

Favorite Features

The Sync system is great when it works. Bluetooth makes

Suggested Improvements

- There's only one door lock control in the whole car, and it's a flimsy button. - Build quality is just poor. All sorts of parts large and small have broken and the car is only 4 years old.

A good buy in my opinion
By az_sports_fan

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2011 Ford Fiesta SES automatic hatchback for about two years now. I will give a few reasons why I would buy it again. My payment for a next-to-new car was reasonable & it's good on gas. My car now has about 83K miles. (When I purchased the car it had about 35K) I have had only one major repair (the back passenger door wouldn't stay closed.) It was $450 to fix that. I love the inside design-it looks nice & is functional. I recently rented a 2013 Nissan Maxima for a trip. I was surprised to find the Nissan had no USB charger & no bluetooth. The only things I don't like is the shifting at low speeds & the lack of power.

Favorite Features

I love the Bluetooth, the USB port for charging my cell phone, the radio display shows more info. than other car radios. (Like song title, artist name things like that.) The ambient lighting is nice. I also love the five cup holders it has in the front seat area alone. Sync is also one of my fav. features, it seems to work well most of the time for me. It's also very roomy for a small car. My brother is 6 ft. 2 inches tall & he fits in the car comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

dislikes- it doesn't have a panic alarm on the key fob. It doesn't have a center console to store things out of eyesight or arm rest. The small compartments meant to hold stuff are not big enough to hold an I phone or sunglasses. No dry cleaning hooks to hang clothes on. They key is very expensive to duplicate.

Not one of Ford's Better Ideas!
By godzilla1957

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Though the SES is very sharp looking, gets pretty good MPG (though a friend's TDI Passat at twice the size gets just as good MPG) it has many flaws and I honestly wish I hadn't bought this car. The 6 speed auto trans had to be reprogrammed, I'm reading about those who had to get new trans and I'm nervous since I'm 2K miles out of warrantee. I can't enter or exit a driveway with any grade without scraping. I can't see though the back window due to the read hear rests, no center console creates right arm fatigue. The AC vents blow right on my hands creating aches. At 5'11" I sit way too low, the back seat is basically worthless and SYNC is an abomination. I'm an unhappy camper.

my 2011 fiesta(cockroach)
By cockroach2

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no issues with it, love it. For me it runs great. I have no regrets. I do accelerate hard now after first 1000 miles. I have 15k on it now.

Favorite Features

blue tooth, over all look of the car

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual and reclining front seats