Used 2011 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Review 2011 Fiesta but be forewarned
By Jill Stockman

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, I liked the car or would not have bought it. It handled nicely until it didn't. Ford issued a recall regarding transmission problems which only continue to get worse as the dealership gives me the run-around for the past year. Funny that the problem would get worse since that is exactly what the recall said. Yet try getting a straight answer and even worse something done about it before you stall out or kill yourself. It is no fun to drive because it jerks and shakes and makes noise and makes you wonder when it will simply stop. Not only can I not get it repaired/replaced...how do I sell a car when it is all over the internet that they are a huge problem! Thanks Ford.

Never buy first year production/design car
By van kham

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 45k, it was to be my commuter car and a replacement to my older 2000 celica gts with 200k. First the goods: mpg is great, good looking car, good ride, most things are within arms reach, power is ok for little car, good cargo space. Now the bad: Yes, the world famous transmission issue with this car, car was at the dealer twice, things started to fall apart at 54k, little things, too much to list, got the car fixed and sold it at. I wish I had done my research before I bought the car. Yes, i am back driving my 2000 celica, she never give me problem in 7 years.

Should be recalled, a real lemon
By big_jig

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car 3 months ago used with 39000 miles on it. It has a 6 speed automatic transmission. 2 weeks after I bought it Ford sent me a letter stating the this model was having transmission issues and if it broke they would fix it for free.The transmission went out at 42000 miles and now Ford tells me they have 32000 parts on back order and I won't get it back for at least 12 weeks.This is my first and last Ford I will ever buy. I would like to trade it in but it apparently lost a lot of value in the short time I have owned it due the the transmission issue. What a joke. This car should be recalled and is a true lemon.

Recall this lemon before someone gets hurt.

Fantastic little blue Fiesta
By moabjeeper

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new January 2011 and have had no problems and have had nothing go wrong with it. It now has 49,000 miles. We have the automatic transmission and once we got used to the way it behaves, have had no complaints. Test drove a manual and the auto beats it hands down. My daughter drives it commuting to school and loves it so much she calls it "her" car. It consistently gets close to 34 mpg in mixed driving. My Son is getting his drivers license and wants a green one.

mpg, reliability, livability.

Nothing

Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now.
I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car.
I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall.
I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced.
I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission.
It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission.
Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

My favorite features include comfortable front seating, sound screen windows that reduce wind noise, blue tooth connectivity, electric assist steering and ergonomic lay-out of controls.

The automated manual transmission needs improvement so that it shifts more smoothly at low speeds and does not transmit vibrations through the steering column. Need arm rests on front seat and center pull-down arm rest for rear passengers. Rear hatch area has limited cargo room. Leg room in rear is limited. Rear seats should fold flat to handle more cargo in rear (like Honda Fit).