2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:
Quiet, Comfortable and Fun to Drive
By davep101 on 08/12/13 12:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Fiesta hatchback has 35K miles now. I am very happy overall with the performance and style of this little car. I drive mostly on the highway and get 42 mpg overall. I have the automated manual transmission and concur with the frustration some people have voiced. I spoke with a Ford mechanic about the design of this automated manual vs a traditional automatic transmission. It is apparent to me that there is a learning curve when it comes to driving this transmission. Dealers should be explaining to customers how this trans differs from a traditional automatic with a torque converter.

Not one of Ford's Better Ideas!
By godzilla1957 on 07/20/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Though the SES is very sharp looking, gets pretty good MPG (though a friend's TDI Passat at twice the size gets just as good MPG) it has many flaws and I honestly wish I hadn't bought this car. The 6 speed auto trans had to be reprogrammed, I'm reading about those who had to get new trans and I'm nervous since I'm 2K miles out of warrantee. I can't enter or exit a driveway with any grade without scraping. I can't see though the back window due to the read hear rests, no center console creates right arm fatigue. The AC vents blow right on my hands creating aches. At 5'11" I sit way too low, the back seat is basically worthless and SYNC is an abomination. I'm an unhappy camper.

my 2011 fiesta(cockroach)
By cockroach2 on 07/01/13 11:22 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no issues with it, love it. For me it runs great. I have no regrets. I do accelerate hard now after first 1000 miles. I have 15k on it now.

LEMON DO NOT BUY
By stevienae on 06/30/13 20:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta in August of 2010. It is an automatic, not manual transmission. Within a month it was back at Ford with transmission issues and has continued to have problems despite at least 10 trips to the Ford Shop. I was told by Ford Engineer that it must be the way I was driving it. They felt I was breaking with my left foot with my foot not completely off the gas. I do not break with my left foot. I just had it voluntarily repossessed as I cannot in good conscious sell it to somebody. This was after the New Car Lemon Law process and denied, I offered to walk away from it and have the dealer resell it and laughed at for being upside down when asked to trade it in.

Love My 2011 Fiesta SES
By jimies on 05/23/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I do a lot of driving in the City. I wanted a car that was easy to park and drive in tight places. This car works perfect in these situations. The heated seats, push button start and the Sync system are all nice pluses. To date I have just over 37,000 trouble free miles on this car.

Automatic Transmisson problems
By fiestatranny on 02/14/13 12:12 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

10,000 miles and I can't put it into reverse or drive and had it towed to nearest Ford Dealership and it runs fine so they tell me they can't "verify the problem"like I made it up! So I do an internet search and find that people all over the country had the same problem. I sent the links the reports of Ford replacing transmissions to the head o the service dept. Only after doing that would the dealership even look at my car. And they found a check engine light and ran a report. They redid some computer issues but still aren't sure if they fixed the "unverified" report...is keeping the reports "unverified" Ford's way of under reporting how many owners have the same intermittent issues?

THE WORST CAR EVER!
By tamlyn on 12/16/12 14:04 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Ford Fiesta 2011 has been in the garage more than times than I can count with a grinding noise in the transmission. Just got it back the other day from a 2 week stay in the Ford dealer garage, and they told me I had to live with it. How can they justify telling someone that , that has had this car in and out of the garage from day 1 with the same problem! Now that they put 10000 dollars into this car. The grinding noise has gotten so much worst since they worked on it. Not sure what my next step is but if anyone has any suggestions please e-mail me @ tammycrowder777@hotmail. Im at my wits ends with this car and the Ford company.

Nice little car
By edva on 08/18/12 18:56 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

2011 5-spd, with 7500 miles. Positives: very satisfied overall, fun to drive, great design, averaging 41 mpg highway and town (not city) driving, comfortable ride, excellent handling, good brakes, reasonably quiet. Negatives: slightly underpowered, but OK for the mileage it gets, could use a sixth gear on the manual, rpms are a bit high at speed, mine is white, looks great but the undercoat is black, and the paint chips very easily, leaving black holes in the finish, no cabin air filter, and squirrels ate the insulation from under the hood, which the dealer wouldn't cover, even though in my opinion this is a design oversight on Ford's part.

Well...it's a $16k car
By mrj88 on 01/25/12 08:37 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Fiesta for a year now and have enjoyed it overall. Love the styling and lime squeeze paint. Consistent 35mpg is great, and most importantly it's never left me stranded. Nice little car. Here's the *but*. While the car seems solid mechanically, there have been a bunch of little issues that remind me that I'm definitely not driving an $21k Jetta/Civic/Impreza/etc. Already had to have some loose items under the hood tightened down, weather stripping replaced, quirky door locks, and random squeaks/creaks that come and go. Nothing over the top, but enough to make me wonder if I should have paid a little extra to get something a little more "tight". Only time will tell.

Ford Fiesta SES (2011)
By maristy on 01/17/12 19:45 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I agree and fully enforce edmonds review of this vehicle. I decided to write this review because my previous car was a 2008 Ford Edge SEL and I NEVER thought I would move to a sub compact. I am 6'0 ft tall. The very first time I sat in it I was completely comfortable. I am a stickler for arm and leg room. I don't like feeling squished at all. This car has a big car feel, more fuel value and a lower mo. payment! I did not want to compromise my safety or comfort. My black (w. sparkles) Fiesta came with preferred options like heated seats, moon roof, ambient lighting and folding rear seats that extend the trunk space considerably. Needless to say it fits a lot more than I expected. Great car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback in VA is:

$116 per month*