Used 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

Nothing but problems with my Fiesta
By Erin

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I feel completely duped by the dealer and Ford. I bought my 2012 Ford Fiesta (auto transmission) in April of 2014. It was fine for the first 6 months or so, but started developing an increasingly apparent shudder of the transmission when I would start moving from a stopped position. I eventually took it in and they adjusted the computer. It was good for a while, but the shudder came back, so I took it in again and they adjusted some air seal which again made the shudder stop. A few months later it was back, and worse than ever. My father (retired certified auto mechanic) told me he didn't want me driving it; he was worried about my safety. I took my Fiesta in AGAIN, in November; this was about a year and a half after I bought it, and they replaced the clutch. Again, the shudder went away, and again, 6 months later it's back.
Now I've had a wrench light come on and a message pops up on my display that says "Engine Failure, Service Now". So again, today I've dropped off this car for service. I've had this car for two years, and it's been nothing but trouble. I shouldn't feel like my 4 year old car is unreliable, but I do. I worry about long distance trips. Like another person said, I can't sell this car. I can't put another person through what I've gone through. I feel like I'm stuck with this unreliable POS until my load is paid off and I can trade it in for something better. Most likely a Honda. Ford has provided a very poor product to consumers and has done almost nothing but put bandaids on the problem, there is no real solution. So all of us suckers who bought these Fiestas are just out of luck.
I will most likely never buy a Ford again. I don't even get a loaner vehicle from my dealer when my car is in the shop because they only give out loaners to people who bought NEW cars from them. Because I bought it used I don't deserve the same level of treatment.

Review 2011 Fiesta but be forewarned
By Jill Stockman

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, I liked the car or would not have bought it. It handled nicely until it didn't. Ford issued a recall regarding transmission problems which only continue to get worse as the dealership gives me the run-around for the past year. Funny that the problem would get worse since that is exactly what the recall said. Yet try getting a straight answer and even worse something done about it before you stall out or kill yourself. It is no fun to drive because it jerks and shakes and makes noise and makes you wonder when it will simply stop. Not only can I not get it repaired/replaced...how do I sell a car when it is all over the internet that they are a huge problem! Thanks Ford.

Never buy first year production/design car
By van kham

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used with 45k, it was to be my commuter car and a replacement to my older 2000 celica gts with 200k. First the goods: mpg is great, good looking car, good ride, most things are within arms reach, power is ok for little car, good cargo space. Now the bad: Yes, the world famous transmission issue with this car, car was at the dealer twice, things started to fall apart at 54k, little things, too much to list, got the car fixed and sold it at. I wish I had done my research before I bought the car. Yes, i am back driving my 2000 celica, she never give me problem in 7 years.

I wouldn't suggest this car.
By Paul Jarrels

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Awful transmission problems, Ive already had it replaced along with the clutch and its under 70k miles. Bluetooth wont connect most of the time and parts literally fall off. Its a goodlooking car but thats about all it has going for it.

Absolute garbage car
By British guy

2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm not sure why the highlighted review indicates 4+ out of 5 stars.
I bought this care used with 11.000 miles, previously owned by an 84 year old lady. It shuddered so badly that it would reverberate your voice when talking. It's shifting sounds like a tool box rolling down concrete stairs. It accelerates slower than the 18 wheeler I drive for a living.
Please don't buy this car, it will be more than a regret and a gigantic headache.